2. Scattered Ties

3. Forever in a day

4. Obsession

5. Beneath the black sky

6. Whatever the case may be

7. Broken

8. Rising Twilight

9. Before I sleep

N.A.S.A. is Mikkel Rasmussen from Denmark who released his first track all the way back in 2001. He totally flew under my radar as I had never heard of him. I trust Iono Music completely, so when they put an artist's debut album on the table, chances are good I'm going to buy it. Let me tell you, this record isn't bad at all. He likes to put techno or electro touches into his tracks. But that is not all he can do. "Scattered Ties" was so funky that it's a shame it wasn't longer. You can tell he's got talent in this arena even if a few tracks were nothing special. His vision of progressive trance is fine, but I don't think that's where his future lay. The stars of this disc are the last two downtempo tracks. They are ultra deep and gush with emotional layers. There are spiraling arpeggios, thunderous kicks, and delicate synths that are as soft as a feather. He made wonderful use of pads, and the synths created a dreamy ominous atmosphere. I had to make sure this was still the same CD! Sure enough it was, and those tracks were a delight. If he decides to make an album full of music like the last two tracks, I will be first in line to buy it. So this was a good listen, and while his progressive stylings are decent, his forte seems to be in the downtempo arena. Good start!

Beatspace

Mdk

I thought NASA is a downtempo project, many tracks released on free compilations since 2005, but this is an unusual combination between techno, a slightly psy touch infused with the ambient style,a Unique album indeed...has been a long time since my last Iono acquisition...

thanks for the review, quite interesting presentation