2. The beat of 1000 hearts inside

3. Access Deny

4. Charles Overall

5. Paint the town red

6. Deep Fish

7. JayJay Three

8. Roxy Vibes

9. Pass Through

Leaders in the progressive trance scene, Iono music releases Solano's 2nd full length album. Having reviewed a pile of this label's releases, my expectations are they will provide deep and dreamy trance that will stimulate the mind. Their first release, "Blackout" was a nice start, but seemed a little thin to my ears. Good news is that their music has evolved. While not as epic as some of Iono's other artists, the tracks here will entrance you. When I first listened to this, I wasn't that impressed, but upon further listens, it started to grow on me, and I could see myself getting lost in what they were trying to do. This is not trance where the effects create a wonderful storytelling atmosphere. There isn't layer upon layer of melody and lush pads. Sure they are there, but this isn't about that. It is about the groove; about turning it on at a party and getting people dancing. It's pretty straight forward without a lot of variation, but in this situation it works. The beats are good and had me wondering where the time went. The standout for me was "Roxy Vibes." Something about that track just feels right.

So is it essential? No, but there is a definite improvement in the quality of their music. The tracks seem to be smoother than their debut. This would be great to put on at a party and let it play all the way through. Bottom line as always, it depends what you are in the mood for.

Psyshop

Mdk