infected mushroom live

::shiau::

Been to their live show recently. It was a good show when on proper substances, it definitely cant top their very early shows, I am talking about before 2003… With not so lively guitar and drums, below average rapping vocal… I would give it 4/10 just for an effort.

Soulless pop songs with light show and the smell of paper bills sums it all.

i definitely agree with u shiau.. I've been to a total of 6 shows in us and in MX and the only show that Ive truly 100% enjoyed was 2006 infected odyssey festival in Mexico city. that's the problem with becoming famous. you lose sight of true ambitions. just about every album before vicious delicious is pretty good. my fav prob classical mushroom. but i've strayed from that psychedelic genre to more psytrance and full-on stuff!

I have never been a fan of IM's music. BUT what I do not understand is why people who complain about how "amazing" they were in the beginning contra today still go and see them "live" (or buy their new CD's) when they know it wont live up to their expectations? It's like these people hope for a miracle they know wont happen. Furthermore you pay money to a band who's music you don't like. Beats me why.

I say move on ;)

• 3 months later...

I have never been a fan of IM's music. BUT what I do not understand is why people who complain about how "amazing" they were in the beginning contra today still go and see them "live" (or buy their new CD's) when they know it wont live up to their expectations? It's like these people hope for a miracle they know wont happen. Furthermore you pay money to a band who's music you don't like. Beats me why.

I say move on ;)

I'm gonna go to their very first show in Norway, bergen. I know what I'm facing, sort of, I've seen them twice before in Copenhagen after 2003. I know I will be dissepointed, but I have to be there, to give my support and to drink beers and talk about how much they suck while grinding and dancing my ass off!!! It's goonna be so cool, plus my brother and sister is joining me :D Maybe I'll even arrange a bustrip from Oslo to Bergen for those interested B)

<- IM fan 4 life

I say move on ;)

there are lots of reasons for eg. their previous sets were sooo good...

and also many people who go now are different people all together.

btw Life Festival in Ireland has the classic IM LIVE set this 2010.

Posted Image

This is something I wrote for the Simon Posford appreciation topic where Infected Mushroom, and what I thought of them playing live 2 years ago just before Hallucinogen, plays a minor role.

NOTE: I had never seen Infected Mushroom before that occasion

I remember seeing him live in octobre of the year 2008 after Infected Mushroom( whom went clearly the pop direction and sucked big time: a drummer...why??? a guitar player aarrrgghh!!! and a singer/rapper???). Anyways back to Godford; finally it was his turn after he personally got rid off those infected guys. From the first notes you could hear this was going to be something to be reckoned with, no happyhappyjoyjoy trance.

Modulated, grinding sounds came out of the speakers like none you heard of before, chemically enhanced acidlines twisting and turning, the occasional melody to turn you into a manic frenzy...No words... The music is in effect...What a trip!!! It was over too soon..."time flies when your having fun" I could hear Simon say, now who could argue with that! I was still in shock(read trance), went out for a breeze and never came back. This is it ... it doesn't get any better than this... thank you God and thank you Simon!!!

psytones is a dedicated man with a dedicated plan. we should totally party sometime. B)

so yeah, I'm an Oslo man too, but aiaiai, I'm not sure I'll be able to handle the cost and all the black shawarmas.. I've kinda got the idea that I'll save my grunkers and see shpongle AGAIN in london in October... man the afterparties in london are like wo wo wakka wild.. so no, not going I think. :unsure: