VA - Extrasensory Perception part 2 (mikrokosmos, 2009)

voice of all

Midimal - Fast and Delicious

Liquid Soul - Adrenaline

Gaudium - Just in Front

Ace Ventura - Dark Matter

Earsugar - Bonfire

Protonica - Floating Point (Morning Mix)

Human Element - Sweet Addiction

Suntree - Dusty Hofman

Flowerbomb - Della Terra

Hi guyz! Want to share my impressions from the cd with a handful of nice progressive artists.

First of all - this cd is compiled by Liquid Soul & dj Martin and it means that here we should wait some strong progressive psytrance in it best way. And i must say that it is realy so. Today many of proggy artist of our beloved psy scene have decided to produce more housy and tech stuff. I dont know why it so but this tendention is not my cup of tea. I like energetic music and i like it psyway so I have to choose through current releases very carefuly to get the pearl and to filter others.

What is this album about? It is all about energy. First track by Midimal develops slow and you should to wait 2 minutes to get the beat. But it worth it cause then it turnes to fast track with delicate pumping kick and some effects. There also are nice voice sample, easy melody with development. All in all track is strong but i give it 7 cause of tempo break for build up in the middle of it (though build up itself has very nice ending). The next track is Adrenaline by Liquid Soul and trust me it is real adrenaline. Pumping all the way with nice effects structure and development. Not very original but so organic in this environment melody did the whole thing just great. 10 is the grade! Gaudium continues the journey with bit deeper piece. It has solid beat engine and atmospheric effects here & there. Here we have bulky hypnotic track with long-playing progress of main synth that constructs severe atmosphere and is very good for evening time at the party. 8 for this and i think even bit more. Ace Ventura is on fire now and his track here is not exception. As a previous one this track based on engined rhytm and effects in structure. It is also great for pre nighttime action at a party still it has hypnotic blend rather dark taste of lika techno effects. The second part of a track adds energy to the beatbase and weirdness to the effects. Very danceble and rhytmic one! 8 and maybe bit higher for the grade.

Bonfire by Earsugar is awesome dancefloor killer if i can say so about progressive track. It is danceble as hell and will surely make you move your ass with more effort. Very deep & fast kick do the thing from the very begining. Nice morning melody is trying to break through it. Totaly charming feeling lika very touching moment at the dancefloor - superb long melody build up with full power beat on the background. I think it is just splendid of a track. 10 and even more for sure! Protonica do deliver us another gem in raw. It is morning mix of prevously unreleased Floating Point. Behind this not original name is the very nice track with clear beat and morning sequence-based melody. Charming positive flow and sunrise atmosphere. Great one. Mark it with 9. Human Element is the project of dj Martin and it is here with the track Sweet Addiction. It has more morning taste then first 5 tracks includes female vocal distorted sample and good development. It has no much original features but all in all very decent tune. 8 for it. Suntree with Dusty Hofman is next. It is more progressive then all previous tunes of this album and I think that it will be nice to listen even at daytime. 8 is good for this one. The last piece is from Australia by Flowerbomb project. It definetely has somewhat australian blend cause of the melody that bit weird & fuzzy. The beat is also strange sometimes. And altogether it leaves rather good impression. Melody is gentle and warm, drive is easy and lika summertime. So it have to be 8.

All in all this is great psy prog album that has great flaw bunch of strong killer tracks melody & hypnotic enough to be loved by wide specter of listeners. All the tracks are at least good but mostly they have smth more to offer. Nowaday is rather hard to find proggy album of such level that focused at psyside. Tones of energy raise it playability and I hope that many djs will include this material in their sets. Highly recomended!

Arithmetic shows that i need to mark this album at rate of 8.5 but i think that the right mark for it is 9.