Label: Iono Music

Date: April, 2009

1. Visibility

2. Simplicity

3. Timeless

4. Creature in my mind

5. Love story

6. Obsessive

7. Ritmo - Rapture (Invisible Reality Remix)

8. Synthetic Mind

9. Relaxation Fixation

Progressive Trance label Iono Music brings forth the debut album of Invisible Reality (Shamil Abramov & Igor Sorin). If you follow this label, then you know what to expect. Vast soundscapes with effects that drip atmosphere over a nice groove. This duo has put out several tracks on compilations like Solar Signals and Genetic Drift. The cover is of a crowded subway car. Just the place you would like to be "in"visible.

The title track sets the tone with a dreamy guitar weaving its magic over lush pads. The whole thing is soaked in delicious reverb and brings to mind a wide open area like the praries of Montana. "Simplicity" continues that vibe as the leads and pads come together perfectly. The break is super smooth and the track feels as though we are headed for an uncertain destiny. "Creature In My Mind" combines progressive trance and operatic choirs to interesting effect. The break in the "Obsessive" was a bit of breakbeat cleverness. My favorite though was the lamenting remix of "Rapture." This one oozed of past regret or a rainy Saturday afternoon at the beach. Very contemplative.

I would swear that all the artists from Iono go to the same progressive trance school. They all contribute to the signature Iono sound. Some would say that they are merely clones of each other and that they all sound the same. I disagree, as they all have certain nuances in their music that sets them apart. These guys know how to put a track together to tell a story. The use of reverb, delay and effects makes all the tracks seem vast, whilst little touches such as percussive elements really add character to their music. Some things I didn't care for like the whispering in the beginning of tracks. It comes off as pure corn. Nonetheless this was a nice surprise and I recommend it highly.

Psyshop

Mdk