2. Leaving Terra

3. Gravity

4. Aurora and storm

5. Wormhole

6. The Journey

7. Extraterrestrial Life Forms

8. Final Hope Pt.1

9. Final Hope Pt.2

Cosmic Leaf Records is a Greek chill out label whose parent company is Unicorn Music. They have released music from the likes of Side-Liner, Kick Bong, and Zero Cult. Easily Embarrassed is Jeffrey van der Schilden, Nick van der Schilden, Peter Spaargaren who released their first album "Idyllic Life" in 2008. This is their second full length, and the cover is that of a planet (Earth I assume) floating in space within a letterbox that has the artist's name and title of the album. I'm kind of indifferent to it. It seems like a magazine cover.

But I am here to tell you that this is a wonderful piece of music. This act combines so many aspects and melds them into something so engaging. This music can go from very loud to a soothing classical influence. The melodies are lush and the rhythm switches from breakbeat to downtempo to the purest beatless ambient. Whereas some artists use of piano can come off as cheesy, it enhances his tracks. Absolutely stunning. This is an example of how music can be ultra melodic and also entrancing."Gravity" goes down like a nice soothing trip into oblivion, so huge in scope. "Auroroa and Storm" grows and evolves with a synth not too far off from the symphonic progressive rock of the 70's. The Final Hope Part I and II are seemingly an hommage to Jean Michel Jarre in their sound quality and beautiful melody. I thought I was listening to "Rendezvous." Get this and get it now for a wonderful trip.

Psyshop

Mdk

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Usually the cosmic leaf album cover frame is a good sign of low quality cheesy chillout. This release from EE isn't of low quality, but it tries to be highly emotional and certaninly is cheesy chillout. I don't think cheesy chillout is something necessarily bad, and it certainly isn't as bad as cheesy faster music.

Compared to EE's previous full length (which I like quite a bit), this album has more ambient elements, which are mostly plain boring (same goes for the ambient parts in "Idyllic Life"). Also, most tracks aren't as emotional, which is bad since the music clearly tries to be that.

Overall, I would recommend that you first get "Idyllic Life", then the EPs and finally, if you still want more EE, get this album.