"V/A - Synergy"

Trance2MoveU

Posted Image

Artist: Various

Title: Synergy

Label: Synergetic Records

Date: November, 2008

Synergetic Records is an Austrian label founded in the year 2002 by DJ Acan who specialize in modern trance and downbeat music. Though they haven't had any CD releases in 2009 (hostile takeover and incorporated into Plusquam records), they have been active in the digital media market. They have put out discs by artists such as Ovnimoon, Feurerhake and Blue Lunar Monkey. I stumbled across this compilation due to the impressive tracklist. The cover is of a sky with a sphere in the center of a small grid. Interesting.

1. Synergy BIOLAB Filip creates a outerspace tapestry that weeps with past regrets. The beat is not heavy, but smooth with a lamenting melody line high above. Outstanding track.

2. Sideline PION Vladan Jarić released a great track on the "Bad Company" compilation. This one however is rather monotonous with a high pitched annoying lead. Pass

3. Gates of Velves HARDY VELES I don't know who this guy is, but this track has nice floating pads and delicate synth work. Pretty simple, but all the elements seem to come together for an enjoyable, happy listen.

4. Vento NERSO This is Vladan Jarić who recently put out the brilliant "Opposite" with Flegma and this continues in the same vein. Spacious, groovy and melodic. The effects are in the right place to give the track depth and a sinister smoothness. Best on the compilation so far.

5. Elation FLEGMA Serbians Dalibor Delic & Slobodan Gacesa, the Yin to Nerso's Yang, offer the same type of track. Wide open, evolving with each bar coated with dreamy effects. This is right up my alley. The break is sublime, blowing the doors off the spacecraft with intricate melodies. Outstanding!

6. By Illusion ZYCE Serbian Nikola Kozić keeps the good vibes flowing with a smooth number with ethereal melodies soaring above a bouncy bass line. Nice ride.

7. Sound Game KALIMAX This is Magnus Forsberg & Tony Comanti who deliver a melancholic track with a pensive piano and soft synth tinkling. Nothing too elaborate, but I like the way it feels.

8. Sweet Semptember (Zyce rmx) VIBRASPHERE Nikola remixes Lord Vibrasphere's track with nice results. The wispy female vocals drift alongside soft synths while the track unravels. I like that there is always a new sound or effect around the corner. Smooth.

9. Platform FLOAT Another Serbian? Synergetic Records seemed to have tapped into a deep well. Another silky smooth joint with a sparkling synth riff that isn't overused. It gives it a nice spacey feel. I would describe this track as vast where he effectively uses delay creating a huge galaxy. The break further adds to the feeling. Awesome track!

10. Ramirufias (Zyce and Flegma rmx) OVNIMOON Hector has recently released his 4th album "Geometric Poetry" which I reviewed here. This remix is so beautiful, with acoustic instruments and massive choir-pads. I would describe it as dreamy.

Synergetic Records have delivered quite the gem. This disc is full of the style of progressive I enjoy. Wide open, with stratospheric melodies and deep lush pads. I don't have a favorite as I enjoyed them all with the exception of the second track. I highly recommend this CD.

Psyshoppage

Mdk