Artist: Lemonchill

mars

Artist: Lemonchill

Date: 09-12-25

By: Morpheus Music

Interview posted here with permision of the artist.

The original inteview with photos may be seen there.

1) Can you tell us a bit about how you initially came to be a musician?

Well i became a musician "accidentally", my sister worked at a music collage called:"bpm music" they teach people sound and how to create electronic music. she said i have to try it and since i always loved music i thought this might be a good experience. i finished my study there at 2005 and a two years later released my first album called:"sentant".

2) How did the Lemonchill project get started?

After finishing my studies at bpm music collage i worked a lot at my home studio to get more experience until i felt i am good enough to try to release my songs. the name lemonchill came to my mind while driving with a good friend he said :" why not call yourself "lemonchill" it is a l liquor that after you drink it you get a good "hi" sensation but quickly after that "hi" sensation disappears, so i thought about it and decided this might be a cool name for me.

3) Your debut album Sentant preceded the current Journey Through an Electric Garden – how do you feel that album was received?

Well there is an interesting story behind my first album "sentnat" it was created after a very intense and a very bad relationship i had with a girl, so after that i sat at my studio and wanted to "express" what i felt at that time though music. i guess that is why i called that album"sentant" which means feelings in french. after that album was released i got good reactions from listeners all around the globe.

4) What were your goals in beginning the Journey album?

My goals? hmm... well make this album more successful then the previous one for start, and still not sound too commercial at the same time. but also i wanted to take a different direction this album "journey through an electric garden" is more minimal more upbeat then the previous album and i am very happy with the final result. this album has a more "90s" vibe and it can be related to acts such as :the orb,future sound of london, orbital, banco de gaia.

5) How would you describe the sound of Journey in comparison to Sentant?

I think the album "journey through an electric garden" has a better sound that is obvious. i used new equipment on this album and i think people that listened to it can hear a big difference with the sound compered to my previous album.

6) What are your recording methods – how do you go about making your music?

Usually i try to "express" my thoughts and feelings and events in my life through music, so almost very song i created has a unique atmosphere and a story behind it. about my recording methods i like to work alone although for my new upcoming album i started to work with an artist named feel from Greece it is the first time ever i collaborated with another artist and the result is very good. when i work in my studio making music i completely "shut" myself from exterior world, i forget what time it is what day it is i even forget to eat and sleep because i am so into creating music.

7) What is your recording environment like?

My home studio consists from: Adam a6 monitors, rme dhsp sound card, sennheiserr headphones, monster cables and the nuendo music program i use. i don't like to buy or get the newest hardware and software in the market i think using what you feel makes the best sound and effects you love is good as long as you know how to use it to the max.

8) What influences your project – both sonically and visually?

Hmm... hard to describe visually it can be from a beautiful girl i saw walking the street to a peaceful park i went to or just by spending time at the beach.

Sonically i like to hear many music genres from classic music like Mozart and Bach to now days electronic music, i also like a lot of 80s music and also 70s. i like the "classic electronic" sound and artists from kraftwork to jean Micheal jarre.

9) You have another album due soon – what has resulted in this burst of releases in 2009?

Well my first album "sentant" was originally released on 2007 as a digital release only and only recently released as a cd too. since then i worked on the album journey through an electric garden and this album has been released a few months ago.

I am currently working on another remix album set to be released on cyberset records too next year.it is a also a remix album but this time consists of more upbeat remixs in the progressive house and trance genre, and like i mentioned before it has a first time collaboration between me and an artist named feel from Greece. the album will also feature a singer named hideyo blackmoon from japan it is the first time ever i used a live singer for one of my songs and i like the result.

10) Would you mind giving us some insight into the forthcoming Sleeping With Giants?

The new album called: "sleeping with giants" is a remix album consists of remixes made for my songs by artists such as: zero cult,side liner,terra nine,chronos,mindwave,limbo and hol baumann. i only contribute one remix it is a new version i made for the track :"Adam and eve".