Psynews BEST OF 2009

mars

71 members have voted

1. 1. Should the new Best-Of system allow to see other members' votes?

• Yes
    • No

Bah, 5 pages in total. The hardest part is feeding the database with all releases.

I have also problems having this mini bestof website and the suntrip website run on the same server for some dumb technical reason. I4ve been struggling to make it to work all day, almost there..be patient.

I might be able to help out with those things if ya need a hand, I do this professionally. Apologies if you have it all handled, one never knows :) only thing is that not until end of the week as I'm abroad

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I do it professionally too. I'm sorting things out, I have a transactional issue and a contextpaht issue, but all should be online within a couple of days.

1. First of all, thank you Mars for doing this. It seems like a ton of work that I hope in the future is made easier for whoever does it. Possibly there can be a system where someone writes "Artist - Album" in that sense, and the coded program will atomically count such titles in their respective order. I'm no computer programer though, just imagined the idea if workable one day. Since tracking down every release sounds overwhelming to me.

2. I feel voting should be publically shown.

Showing people's names with their "Best Of" choices (as done in the past where we were able to change our original post anyway) gives less people incentive to anonymously hype or push up a release just to give it attention. While kind people are always welcome, many of us know each other on here and just by our names. We've grown a greater understanding, trust over the years and I'm not concerned in the least bit for others to see my votes. I'd like everyone to see my picks, just as I'm curious to see what a handful of other people (who've given solid recommendations in the past) choose as Best Of.

Either way, I'll vote.

Ok people, I was abroad this week end but I finished the kill the last bugs in the train back home.

This time I swear, it will be online tonight or tomorrow evening.

What's the hurry? Last year voting went on until the end of February, and I'm hoping this year will be the same - there are still a number of 2009 releases I haven't yet listened to enough to form a reliable opinion, and I don't expect I'm the only one.

There must be an evil spirit there. Yestrday I was completing the install, and just before filling the database with all the releases, our Internet line went down...

It's finally online since this morning: http://www.psynews.org:2010/bestof/

Sorry it's on an exotic port, but it was impossible to make it work on the default http port with the other apps on that server. It will probably not respond from your workplace if there's a proxy/firewall, but it will work from your home.

Please PM or write me if you encounter any bugs.

The same goes if you want me to add some missing release.

Feedback on the application experience is appreciated too.

Thanks for your patience.

There must be an evil spirit there. Yestrday I was completing the install, and just before filling the database with all the releases, our Internet line went down...

It's finally online since this morning: http://www.psynews.org:2010/bestof/

Sorry it's on an exotic port, but it was impossible to make it work on the default http port with the other apps on that server. It will probably not respond from your workplace if there's a proxy/firewall, but it will work from your home.

Please PM or write me if you encounter any bugs.

The same goes if you want me to add some missing release.

Feedback on the application experience is appreciated too.

Thanks for your patience.

Chrome says this:

This page contains the following errors:

error on line 2 at column 2: StartTag: invalid element name
Below is a rendering of the page up to the first error.

Seems to work in IE tho.

Ah shite. My internet connection (in residence) blocks like half of the internet (I can't even use google's calculator). So I guess this is why I can't see your app. Any way to make it more "firewall friendly"?

Thanks for the effort anyway.

Artist: Ambientium

Title: Fractal Philosophy

Label: Kahvi Netlabel & Ambientium’s website (web release)

Released: Early 2009

This release would be really nice to have in the list, it is a free release though...

The system seems to work fine, thanks for this really easy to enter releases!

Any way to make it more "firewall friendly"?

Not right now I'm afraid. I'll try some new connector tricks this week end, maybe with luck...

The 2000-2009 poll is that ongoing or is it finished? I ask because I do not see any of my two releases (Elysium Project and Wombatmusic) in the list?

It's not started. And you can only see 2009 releases in it, because I only loaded 2009 releases in the DB so far. I hope you can't vote there yet, else it's a bug?!

Cant match any release i type, what is trick? :S

You need a modern browser to see the suggeston list while you type in. Also, you should select the release from the proposed list with the return key or your mouse. Maybe I don't understand.

Artist: Ambientium / Title: Fractal Philosophy

Added.

Please add:

Ochre - Like Dust of The Balance [benbecula]

Spoonbill - Zoomorphic [Omelette]

William Orbit - My Oracle Lives Uptown [Kobalt]

Loud - Digital Hippie [Drive]

This one is bugged and it says it doesn't match:

Shpongle - Ineffable Mysteries from Shpongleland [Twisted]

I am using Chrome and receiving this error:

error on line 2 at column 2: StartTag: invalid element name

And the webpage didn't load...