3. Ezel Ebed YAN ETKI

4. Second Coming LIQUID FLOW

5. Lunar Effect MERR0W

6. Stressed Out BIT-HEAD

7. Eyes Wide Open AGNETON

8. Desert Wind TRAVMA

9. Shiva Sutras GOALIEN

10. Spread Your Wings EBT

Normally I leave the goa trance reviews to the very capable and thorough Jon Coco, but since this was requested by one of the board members I thought I would give it a go. Ezel-Ebed Records is a Turkish Goa Trance label run by Travma who incidentally has released several great goa tracks himself. This is their first release and boy is it a doozy. We get 10 tracks of pure goa madness by some of the best names in the "nu-school" revolution. The cover is of some brown and yellow fractal with a border. Hardly impressive, but not unpleasant.

1. Dharmakaya ALIENAPIA This is the same Ukrainian duo responsible for the Zymosis downtempo project. They bring a massively powerful track that is thick with melodies and that edge that makes goa what it is. A superb way to start!

2. Aqua Society (2005 Waterly Remix) FILTERIA I am unsure if this remix is by Filteria himself, but anytime I see his name associated with music I take notice. Right off the bat, the melodies start piling up bringing that delicious goa feel to the ears. Another new melody comes in at around 4 minutes with nary a break bringing the track to an intense climax. This is non-stop and completely epic. Awesome!

3. Ezel Ebed YAN ETKI This track starts off mellower than the previous 2, but you can feel it building as the cutoff knob is tweaked. The lead dances an ancient dance as new melodies join the fray. The break is almost peaceful before the beat reconvenes and takes us smoothly to the end. This is a nice groovy, pensive track with much less insanity.

4. Second Coming LIQUID FLOW Croatian Tomislav Savic just released his debut album "Presence" and I can tell you it is a must have. Synths churn and pads warn us that we are not in Kansas anymore. The growl of a 303 dominates as a tactile melody stabs at you with agile quickness. After a short break talking about the subconscious, the lead becomes more aggressive and I am lost in melody. Another quality mover! Great job.

5. Lunar Effect MERR0W Frenchman Brice Fruyt released "Born Underwater" this year and it was a smash. This track has floating melodies and heavenly breaks. The slight tribal percussion in one of those breaks is one of the simple touches that can make a track. The beat is not as heavy forcing the melodies out front where they soar. This track could just as easily been on his album.

6. Stressed Out BIT-HEAD This is another project from goa mastermind Filipe Santos (Lost Buddha, Amithaba Buddha, Pandemonium) and for me he has yet to disappoint. I am still giving his "Goa Gate" spins. This is his 8-bit project so I guess it means it is a scaled down production. It is a little more out there, with twisted detuned leads. I like it because it is so different, but it is not my favorite. He has the ability to always attach an underpinning of goa to whatever musical style he chooses to create and I think that is pretty cool.

7. Eyes Wide Open AGNETON "Special Delivery from Mars!" Belgian Elias Gits released "Horizon in Your Head" last year and I don't think it got the attention it deserved. He does a little of the Nitzo style as well and that is represented here. The melody is goa with the speed of Nitzo. Normally I don't go for Nitzo, but he adapts it with go very smoothly and you can't separate the two.

8. Desert Wind TRAVMA Label owner brings a very wet, twisted melody almost acidic in the vein of Space Tribe or EU. It dances all over the place, washing over you like a welcome rain. Not quite as epic as some, this one just gets right to the point.

9. Shiva Sutras GOALIEN Serbian Boris Huskic starts off with a doof doof kick and spiraling melodies. The break is sort of a breakbeat style with the pads setting the tone. The 2nd break is more of what I'm used to. Nice effects also.

10. Spread Your Wings EBT The final track is a downtempo one complete with ancient chants, middle eastern flutes and chimes. It still has that goa feel and is a great way to end this melodic journey.

This has to go down as one of the best goa trance compilations out there. It is aggressive, thoughtful, and most assuredly trance inducing. A lot of times when you see a veteran artist on the tracklist of a compilation, it can be underwhelming. This is not the case. The vast majority of these tracks are beyond excellent, being melodic and making me nostalgic for the era I missed. Congratulations Travma, you have produced one helluva effort here. I am looking forward to your next release "Elixir of Life."

Beatspace

Mdk

Thanks for making this review! I was starting to wonder what's with noone making it for it but I guess it's the same as for me, too lazy.. Anyway this compilation is just plain fantastic. Tracklist is full of best new school artists, not to mention Agnetons best track to date can be found on this comp.

Hello;

And thank you for the review.Also thanks for the comments.It is a honour to see a topic about what we have worked so hard for...

We are glad to tell you that ; after "Elixir Of Life" there will be new releases in this year!!And one of them will be a dark compilation...

Because from now on dark,full-on and nitzo styles are welcome too...And anyone who thinks they have talent, they can reach us from our website...

And they can send us their demos.By the way sorry for my weak English...Again thanks for everything..That means a lot to us...Love & Peace...

Best Regards

İpek Çolakoğlu

Manager Of Ezel-Ebed Records

• 1 month later...

The Merrow track make me think about Poseidon lullaby track on the album Under Water, and blow my mind both.

it s the best track here and after further listening it s a pure bliss.

The Agneton track is nice although this album was fantastic

I didn t like the Travma track

Good compilation from the Travma label, congratulation!

• 2 months later...