3. Punta Bagna SIDE A

4. What time is up (A Tribute to KLF) TEGMA

5. Flesh Taste (Luke Porter rmx) JOHN DEERE

6. Ducaralho DUCA

7. Pigs and Cows ALTER BREED

8. Red Led MOTION AND KAA

9. Orchestra 2.0 (Nipp rmx) JAIA

10. Discodelic (Dousk rmx) BRISKER AND MAGITMAN

Czech label Tribal Vision is another powerful player in the progressive music scene. They have released a bunch of Cds and digital media by well established artists like Vibrashpere, Fitalic, Duca, and Tegma. This release has a good amount of veterans on it, so we will see where it goes. The cover is quite intricate when you look at it. Clown heads, a monkey and a panda...definitely one of the more interesting ones out there.

It's easy to see the differences in what type of music a label releases. At least on this disc, Tribal Vision's version of progressive trance is a scaled back effort with very soft, thick kicks and slow development. Much more laid back with not a lot of melody evolution. House influences are evident (which I normally despise) but it seems to work here because it is not overpowering. The tracks are groovy I suppose, but I like my progressive trance to be more elaborate and actually...progress. Tracks of note are Tegma's "What Time is Up" which is an homage to the very famous KLF track. It is a house inspired number which eventually becomes a powerful psychedelic thumper. "Pigs and Cows" starts off groovy and flowers into a great dance floor jam. The last track, a Dousk remix of "Discodelic" has some of the dirtiest, gurgling bass I have ever heard. And really that's what you get here. Tracks that are geared for dancing and party time, but not really for home listening. Ain't nothing wrong with that.

Psyshoppage

Mdk