"V/A - Beat Generation 2"

Trance2MoveU

Posted Image

Artist: Various

Title: Beat Generation 2

Label: Iono Music

Date: April, 2009

Man, another cracker from Iono. As I have discussed previously (if any of you are kindly enough to read my reviews) I am on a progressive trance kick. Iono music has been the label I have gravitated towards as they seem to release so many high quality tunes. This is the 2nd installment in the Beat Generation series compiled by Dr. Changa. Is he really a Dr.? Regardless, he has assembled quite the arsenal for this compilation and if their previous efforts were any indication then this should be an enjoyable listen.

1. Afterglow ZYCE AND FLEGMA

2. The sacred spirit CABAL

3. GloryLand AQUAFEEL

4. Land of 2 suns AQUALIZE

5. Way out AUDIOLOAD

6. Sensations (Aquafeel rmx) ANDROMEDA

7. Colour TIME IN MOTION

8. Typical human behaviour PROGENITOR

9. Kastefa Beach OCEAN AND DISPLAY

What you get is exactly what they have been delivering on a consistent basis. Wide open storytelling over bouncy beats. The pads are so thick they seem to blot out the sun. Synths drip with melody as effects vie for attention. Bass lines are kept simple and seem to make sure that the listener gets caught up in a deep groove. This is an album with which to lose oneself. High production values are evident as it all sounds crystal clear. The break on "Land of 2 Suns" is superbly well done, giving the track a heavenly feel. Audioload (great name) brings a wall of groove that is genius in its simplicity. "Typical Human Behavior" keeps the toes tapping with a dreamy melody. There was only a minimal amount of filler where the music seems thin, so this comes recommended.

Psyshoppage

Mdk