3. Filteria - Poem 10:03

4. Filteria - Speech Module (Filteria Remix) 8:18

5. Filteria - Rotate To Vibrate (Ze Remix) 8:13

6. Filteria - Unfiltered (Sun Remix) 8:52

7. Filteria - Reflected (Blinded Remix) 10:26

8. Filteria - Total Planetary Being (Filteria Remix) 8:30

9. K.O.B. - Multiple Disorder (Filteria Remix) 8:30

10. K.O.B. - Weight Of Oblivion (Filteria Ambient Remix) 8:31

We have our first Digital Only Suntrip album right here. Remixes and Unreleased was originally meant to be released on another digital distribution site, but problems occurred and it never happened. Now that Suntrip has finally their own shop, this was made possible. I'm not sure if I had anything to do with this because I actually asked about this around E-mantra's release and lo-and-behold, it actually finally happened! So how is this much-wanted Filteria album? Does it meet the expectations or fall short of them?

Filteria - Operation Mind Expansion

We start off with a remix of two tracks together meant for Live sessions. Operation Pulse and Mind Expansion respectfully. Those two tracks together plus tons and tons of small and big details everywhere. This track already shows that Jannis likes to go wild with his live performances. There’s not a single second savoured here. If you liked the two tracks separately, you’re gonna love this one, if not, you still might like it a lot. There’s a lot of same elements, but the new stuff thrown in, I.E. the melody at 2:45 is an obvious remix of the melody heard in Mind Expansion, but it’s far from the old version. There’s more playfulness in it. And so on. Great stuff.

Filteria - Latch

Finally we get some new-old material. This track is an unheard one, not a remix! And this is exactly why I wanted this album to be released. I love the old Filteria stuff, like you can see my rambling about it in my Filteria reviews. Latch is a really really interesting take for Filteria, it sounds awesomely old school with it’s synths, effects and some melodies, but it’s more playful than what you ’d hear in -97 tracks. Also has this haunting ambient throughout. This track plays around with the stereo space it’s given. A ton of left to rightwork here and it’s fucking awesome! It makes the track immensely interesting and fun to listen to. The pinnacle of what’s so 'trucking awesome' is the sample that says (spoiler) I see spacewalkers and moonwalkers and earth orbiters galore Snip@2:20 and goes left right left right. This is gold honestly, it's so fitting and deep how it's incorporated. It may not sounds like it's a new thing, but the way it actually does sound makes it feel like it's a new idea. This track also just keeps on adding more at every corner, breakpoint comes, it differentiates from the previous part starts of slow, but eventually you have more layers than before the end of last breakpoint. One thing I found was that the melody segment at the end has a small reminiscent from a melody part in Galactic Rays. Awesome track! Should have been released a long time ago!

Filteria - Poem

Ahh! Another old unheard track! Starts with epic, epic Filteria style spacey location, gives us a sample about woman going on about something about war and songs, it’s a good interlude sample that much I can say. We get a kick and some effects in the background and submelody, 0:54 and here we go, yeah a new Old-Filteria melody! Frantic very, very driving melody. You get your usual Filteria add-on details going with it, 2:18 first breakpoint 2:28 melody is back, more layers continue to grow, a background ambient appears, and it’s beautiful spacey ambient. Soft transparent synth continues to harass throughout. 3:20 comes and the melody just takes a new playful road, it’s so danceable and smile-inducing. Love it. 4:18 Melody stops and we’re greeted again by the background ambient more on the front than the back. 4:40 breakpoint kick stops and 4:50 we get epic background melody 5:10 we get a new melody on the front plane. Well I’m not carry on with this second to second review anymore because I was actually just carried away by the amount of changes and details going on and how awesome they are. The rest of the track follows the same patch, just injects more epicness at every turn! Fantastic track - Old-Filteria lovers are gonna fall in love again. This track has charm!

Filteria - Speech Module (Filteria Remix)

A remix of one of my most memorable tracks from Heliopolis *robotic voice* "Speech Module". This version isn't all that different from the original when compared to the other remixes on this album. It's changes up the original track more subtly and tries to make it sound more deep. Again the original version was so very in your face but here the same segments seem darker and deeper and some parts have been given the twisted knob treatment. This version is just much more darker than the original version. Whether you think this remix is superior to the original or not solely depends on which style you like more. That means the remix has accomplished at what it, assumingly, tried to do. A good remix.

Filteria - Rotate To Vibrate (Ze Remix)

The magical ambient from the original version starts of the 3rd remix from this album. Now you may ask, is it even possible to top the original of this, which is the pinnacle track from Heliopolis? Maybe? Again the remix just makes the original version much more playful. And that isn't bad my friends. This track is pumping the crazy melodies from Rotate To Vibrate in your face. Another class act remix with a bit of a surprising ending - Love that twist on the melody! Those who loved Rotate To Vibrate will surely love this one. Great remix.

Filteria - Unfiltered (Sun Remix)

I don't know how else to put it but this track feels like it's Unfiltered (Moon Remix). . . inwards. Many of the effects, melodies and even the kick feels like it's inwards. It's odd to hear the track like this when you've heard the other version tons and tons of times. Some people may even prefer this version over the Moon Remix, but I personally find it quite a weird remix. Not a favourite, I prefer the Moon Remix over this one.

Filteria - Reflected (Blinded Remix)

Following the lines of the earlier remixes, this one does nothing out of the ordinary. It's Reflected with a new way more playful composition. Also throws in these wet acid style layers on the melodies that weren't there in the original. Quite an interesting choice, though probably my least favourite track on this album next to Unfiltered (Sun Remix).

Filteria - Total Planetary Being (Filteria Remix)

Sky Input-era is very present on this track again. Starts with this crystallic/mirror sound, muddy acid in the background and gives us a really muddy driving bassline @ 0:17. Small details carry with it till 1:20 where we get our first melody. It's nothing you wouldn't expect, fast Filteria-esque synth melody. From there on it keeps on giving you more and more at intervals of a minute or two. This keeps going till 6:28 where we get a breakpoint and at 6:38 we get this new really alien sound and an intense synth comes on top of it. This part keeps on going, while adding a little again on short intervals till 9:14 where it all tones down to a new break and then keeps growing to the last climax. Solid new-old-school Filteria track. Wish there were more!

K.O.B. - Multiple Disorder (Filteria Remix)

We finally get our first K.O.B. offerings here, as everyone is, or should, be aware of, K.O.B. (Kind Of Behaviour) is Filteria’s more wacky, playful side project. Might remind some people of Green Nuns Of The Revolution but with Filteria style. Multiple Disorder starts with these hallucinogen style mixed to hell and back voice sounds, some revving sounds and then a kick comes. A lot of really funky sounds flying everywhere, few sounds straight from cartoons. Just to give you an idea how funky it is. The track keeps progressing, giving breakpoints and then inducing more layers and so on, but good god what has Jannis done? You will not see it coming, you can’t, it’s impossible to see it coming. -- Don’t read further if you want to experience it yourself, and trust me, you’re going to want to do just that. – Jesus fucking shit 3:43 gives us the most epic insane melody EVER. FUCK. It comes out of nowhere and just gets in your face without a warning. The melody is just incredible, same quality as Earthrises climax melody, it’s awe-inspiring beautiful work of art. And it only lasts till 4:23. I think Jannis realized how good it was and wanted to savor it so it doesn’t get old with every listen. It comes like an orgasm, it feels perfect for a brief moment and leaves you with a lasting good feeling(Can someone suggest me a better metaphor? : D). Brilliant. The rest that follows after that 4:23 takes a piece of that melody and the previous wackyness and gives us more power. It stays up a while then it tones it down until 6:00 which brings it back with more force and this really twisted melody mixed with the last one. 7:18 brings it back to pre-3:43 and slows things down till the end.

This track is magnificent one of the best things Jannis has ever done. Brilliant work with the melody segment at 3:43, just brilliant.

K.O.B. - Weight Of Oblivion (Filteria Ambient Remix)

The ambient remix of the original Weight Of Oblivion (Feat. Klara Steiner) that appeared on Suntrips V/A - Twist Dreams. If you've heard the original version, you're going to know what basically to expect. The same sad/dark ambient in the original is at it's finest here and the woman sample is still here. It seems as if the same kind of effects are here like in the original but made into a downtempo version, they're more minimalistic like you'd expect. The melody, sample, beat is all very slow, yet driving. This is the finest downtempo work Jannis has been involved in. It is the sad, dark and a little mysterious ambient/mood that lifts this track above a lot of other ambient for me. This is a very interesting work to listen to and extremely gripping. This is the quality that I would like to see Jannis maintain whenever he's working on downtempo/ambient. An extremely good piece.

Honestly if all future K.O.B. tracks would have the quality of the last two tracks on this release, a whole album of them would be groundbreaking.

Needless to say my expectations were met well. This Remixes and Unreleased album is meant for the fans of Filteria, especially those that love the older Filteria. So, if you're a fan, or just like Filteria this album is essential. If you liked daze but never really got into the old Filteria material, this might not be for you, but it's not completely the same. The new tracks here are different from the old one's, they have a more experimental, playful sound to them. And at a price of 6 euros, it's a no brainer.

Get it here.

http://www.suntriprecords.com/shop/item/SUNDG01/

This review is best read with the "blue darkness" forum skin option.

I would like to see a Filteria vs. Afgin vs. Ethereal :rolleyes:

should be interesting

• 4 weeks later...

Filteria - Remixed and Unreleased

Suntrip Records

Posted Image

1. Filteria - Operation Mind Expansion

2. Filteria - Latch

3. Filteria - Poem

4. Filteria - Speech Module (Filteria Remix)

5. Filteria - Rotate To Vibrate (Ze Remix)

6. Filteria - Unfiltered (Sun Remix)

7. Filteria - Reflected (Blinded Remix)

8. Filteria - Total Planetary Being (Filteria Remix)

9. K.O.B. - Multiple Disorder (Filteria Remix)

10. K.O.B. - Weight Of Oblivion (Filteria Ambient Remix)

Remixed and Unreleased is a digital download album. Included are remixes of some of Filteria's best tracks (from his older, more intense Sky Input and Heliopolis albums). The artist even included several new (unreleased) Filteria songs and a few rare KOB (Filteria) remixes! A full review ensues.

1. Filteria - Operation Mind Expansion appears to be a remix of the opening Operation Pulse track from Filteria's debut Sky Input album. The beat arrives early on; I found the original's lengthener, opening buildup more powerful. The first several minutes are okay here, not much anticipation as displayed on the original version, nor greatness. Until around 2:46. That's when this thing takes off like a rocket! This climactic, chorus-like segment is fantastic. Unfortunately, that's almost all the song seems to have going for it. Key changes enhance the psychedelic backdrop; they're good. The song has numerous alterations, changes from the original. Hearing them back-to-back, I notice various difference including a shorter opening, less emphasis on melody/sound echoes. The song is still good if not great. This version sounds a bit cleaner from the original, i.e: less flooded layers possibly due to toning down the echo effects. Overall I was blown away the first time I heard the original in 2004. However I love how the climax ignites at 2:46 here. It sounds more exciting and fun than that on the original. Furthermore, this gem in the song's crown seems like an entirely refreshing, different re-arrangement. The song continues with tasty, psychedelic energy, though the best has come and gone, quality listening exists throughout. Overall the song is solid, but nothing extraordinary. Now lets check out the new ones. B+

2. Filteria - Latch incorporates delicious sonic sounds and thick liquid (like water) background elements a la the Earthrise track from 2009's Daze of Our Lives album. The song sounds less loaded than the first, and surprisingly more focused, metallic, and psychedelic. I love the distorted Halluciong-esque sounds. They compliment the song and balance out the heightened sounds. It's cool to see the artist experimenting, building such rhythms and grooves with a different tasty ignorant list incorporated into the spirit of the original restaurant. If I had to compare it to Earthrise, I'd say that I was more impressed with Earthrise. Nonetheless, this is great, psychedelic fun. Latch is a creative, unconventionally solid, previously unreleased track that seems KOB influenced. A-

3. Filteria - Poem is a completely new (non-remixed) track from Filteria and a huge, high surprise. The song has tasty, novel, and more evolved melody/sound work as we saw at times on 2006's Heliopolis album. But this is better. Melody leads stand out. The ambient notes are wonderful. They give the song heart and feeling, and redirect any close energy away from various layers potentially cramming themselves. The middle interlude produces time for the track to collect itself before introducing a second wave of adventurous, ethnic landscapes and colorful waves. Just wait until 6:00; that's when the song evolves into one of the best numbers by Filteria (and in Goa-Trance - yes, you heard me correctly) yet. Was the intense, Sky Input-esque additional melody at 6:26 really necessary? I'm not so sure. Jannis decided to add aggression with beauty, and I loved the way the song was going before that. The aggressive addition temperately takes away from the beautiful movement that ignites via 6:00. Fortunately, the cool albeit typical (relentless) melody exits around 7:08, providing the body with more room to breath. The skipping melodic elements are great too. However, the song's best part seems to peek in the middle. It would have been cool if Jannis reprised and refreshed the wonderful movement, beginning at 6:00, without simply adding a generic (by now via Filteria) rough edged line to it. Poem almost sounds like it could be on the next Filteria album, which says a lot. Overall this is an excellent, beautiful track, my favorite on the album so far. A- / A

4. Filteria (feat. Red Gravity) - Speech Module (Filteria Remix) is a remix of a track I was never in love with from Filteria's second album. The original I felt was lackluster, messy even, involving little more outside of its Pleiadian-esque melodies. The remix improves upon that by rebuilding its structure to some degree and adding a variety of dynamic additions. The approach here is more smooth, textured, and enjoyable. It's better developed, more focused than the original. Overall, I find this a big improvement over the first version. It's nicely placed in between two bigger, more intense numbers too. Great work. B+

5. Filteria - Rotate To Vibrate (Ze Remix) is a remix of my favorite track on the Heliopolis album, my second being Reflected and Unfiltered and/or Pyrogen, and then the downtempo closing. The original was no doubt impressive, a surfing wave of oceanic acid, a fireball leaving trails of flames; I to this day find Rotate to Vibrate impressive. So what's the difference and is one better than the other? While I can't say which one is better (both are very similar and keep the high octane spirit and sounds intact), this remix has a less chaotic opening and closing, Incorporated are echoed voice samples in the beginning and end. They're pretty cool. The song seems improved, production wise too. Lastly, there are times that seem the song has went through a dynamic metamorphous. The artist appears to have added startling unpredictable tricks and elements that create little hills, areas that were less (to not) present on the original. The music will occasionally change up, and feel like its going through a composure lift. Similar, but newly mixed sounds with accompany moments, some of which existent to remind the listener that this isn't the same song you've heard before. It's one where the artist spent some time to improve upon its muscles (physique) and mind. I can't say it sounds drastically different from the original and I suppose in some ways, that's a plus. in other ways however, I feel like I'm hearing a fairly tweaked version of the same song, whereas some of the other remixes seemed more refreshing to my ears. The remix is great nonetheless, regardless of its obvious (and less risk taking) similarities to the original. A-

6. Filteria - Unfiltered (Sun Remix) is a track whose original I often felt could have been improved upon. The original had an abundance of layers, dynamic elements, yet aside from the great drum work and change ups, the song lacked key changes and various other under current alterations that some of the later songs incorporated. This remix adds key changes. More surprisingly, the song, like some of the others here, seems less busy and exhausting to listen to. This may be due in part to the toning down of echoed, parallel melodies. While going back and forth, I notice that the original sounds more loaded and to some degree noisy than this one. Yet many of Unfiltered' elements are present. In that regard, I think this track is more enjoyable (albeit less shocking and innovative) than the original. The artist seems to have acknowledged that some of his original songs, while great for high octane Psychedelic Goa Trance, lacked an approach at times for us as the listeners to distinguish between sounds, since there were to many of them. Whatever Jannis did here, I can hear hear some of those catchy sounds once fallen beneath the swimming waves; they've come up for air to breath. What I notice less though, is the drum combos, as well as the strong and chilling ambient notes once we move past the second minute. Maybe he changed very little. I think the eerie ambient was (and still is) great though; I would have loved to see more development in that throughout the song. Fortunately, the original's great melody lead that arrived at 2:01 is reprised here around 2:19. Add key changes and a clearer production overall, and you have an arguably improved upon (as opposed to stripped down) remix from an attention grabbing opening original. That said, I always felt that the melodies on this song, past the first several minutes at least, were less addictive than some of the other songs. This is another solid remix. B+

7. Filteria - Reflected (Blinded Remix) is the forth and final remix from off the Heliopolis album. As with Rotate To Vibrate, little seems to differentiates upon the first several listens. On the original however, after a gentle interlude, the beat and music returned around 3:58; I found this part on the original in this regard catchier than the remixed segment here. Reflected was such a strong track on Heliopolis that I initially wondered how the artist could improve upon it. To its advantage, Blinded Remix has a wonderful subtle background sound, beginning around 6:00 that I couldn't hear on the original. Do to the layer/echo abundance, such complimentary details may have been washed out or not existent. Here such sounds produce clean, driving movement, like animals trekking along side the beat. It removes my focus from an ongoing melody and groups it with other, gifted animation present throughout the song. The after eight minute climax has been both added and improved too. It's strikingly more layered and harmonious now. This is a great remix because for the most part, it seldom touches what needed not touching; the remix manages to improve upon the musically dynamic fluidity of the original. Great work. A-

8. Filteria - Total Planetary Being (Filteria Remix) is the first track on the album (since Latch and Poem) that is a remix of a track whose original I never heard. Maybe this was unreleased. It sounds like a Filteria song that could have made Sky Input and was cropped at the last minute for time restrants. So how's it different? It's generally less intense, and that's about it. The track begins spacey; the beat enters around 0:18, and soon added to by those PSY tasty, bubbly sounds as if a thick soaked suds washer is running adjacent to the driving pulse of the beat. The first melody lead arrives at 1:21, supported by numerous sounds that seem like cool, rushing melodies successfully keeping up with the main one. A short transition takes place around 2:45, where the healthy stream stands out more. The song is like a thick, fairly atmospheric Goa stream, with a decent lead for the first several minutes. Another appears around 4:00, and at 4:35, the song returns to its less melody heavy zone in order to introduce new material. A short buildup sends off a greater lead around 5:08. Variation soon after is solid, and the song's background elements produce an absorbing, vibrating core that enhances the ride. Yet another interlude takes place from around 6:30 to 7:00, a musically gripping area. The beat/music returns like a rush of blood into the brain at 7:02. This time it's more varied, psychedelic, and gripping. This is a song that continuously recollects itself into something more constructed and developed as it progresses. If I could list weaknesses or less strengths, the song's formula becomes more predictable as it progresses, though the results are fun. Also, the melodies here aren't as memorable as a handful of Filteria's other tracks, though psy-scape work is well crafted. At 9:50, the music returns one last time; this last hurrah is excellent, cleverly enhanced by a subtle skipping, "vibrating" sound. Though this moment is short lived, it's great, and I wish that the artist maneuvered more clever tactics like these. Another great track. A-

9. K.O.B. - Multiple Disorder (Filteria Remix) is the first KOB track on this tasty, downloadable album. The first noticeable element is the chopped up, psychedelic (Hallucinogen-esque) sound-sentences (for lack of better words); they're fantastic. The first several minutes involve little to no buildup or climax. They involve a delicious, driving concoction of superbly crafted psychedelic Goa Trance. I could go on and on with all of the other cool elements taking place here, and then there's the melody lead that arriving around 3:50 and is AMAZING. The ongoing electronic, undercurrent sound as well is capturing in the same way the clever the "liquid swashing" sounds infected Latch and Total Planetary Being. This is an extremely interesting track that gets stronger, both power and in intelligence as it progresses. It's as if the artist attempted to top himself, unless the original version isn't far off. I am not sure what album or compilation the original song to this is on. This entire song is superb, with amazing climaxes that directly reflect some of Goa's in its most wondrous, breathtaking moments! I am stunned by this track and consider it a masterpiece. The best uptempo track on the album IMO and can we please get a KOB album in this nature?! Tracks like this are INCREDIBLE. They remind me what a third Hallucinogen album could sound like, to some degree, if Simon Postford faithfully updated his original Hallucinogen sound/style for our time now. Amazing track! A

10. K.O.B. - Weight Of Oblivion (Filteria Ambient Remix) is a wonderful way to end the album, with a Goa/Downtempo Ambient version K.O.B. Weight Of Oblivion from the Twist Dreams compilation. This entire song has gone through a re-development so to speak. It's harmony has been raised several layers to compensate for its fast, unique bottle-cap twisting sounds on the up-tempo version. The beautiful, chopped up singer's voice is here, and sounds great. The ambient notes add feeling to the psychedelic elements, and unlike the closing track on 2009's Daze Of Our Lives, this HAS the seamlessly edited beginning and closing that Float Away and Disappear lacked. This track, whether made years before 2009 or during that year, is a clear sign how wonderful and talented this artist is in producing Ambient influenced downtempo Goa/Psy music. This is a beautiful, closing number! A

In conclusion, Remixed and Unreleased is a great digital download release for fans of both Filteria and those into HIGH octane Psychedelic Goa-Trance. For those who wondered what it would be like hearing remixed, unreleased (and new) tracks today regarding Jannis's work before 2009's Daze Of Our Lives album, this is a highlight. Sky Input initially blew the roof off my house; I was in awe. So I was more prepared this time. While I love (and prefer) how Filteria's work has grown over the years, I would add to that the new tracks here, which are wonderful. A part of me misses at times the intensity most present on pure GOA madness albums like Sky Input and Heliopolis, and for those who feel the same way, such intensity has returned here. Remixed and Unreleased is the most intense "remix album" I have heard in my life to date. And while it can be exhausting to listen to straight through (depending on your mood), such words were said for both Sky Input and Heliopolis' risky energy. The sheer level of layers, sensation here is once again huge, but Jannis has improved upon his work by reducing heavy echos that over flooded his previous layers at times; such technical improvements make for a more enjoyable, fluid, and dynamic experience. And the unreleased (new to me) tracks like Latch, Poem (the latter a marriage of both styles old and new), and the last two numbers are like experiencing a brand new, raw album. The other tracks are great too, but it's the unreleased Filteria songs and KOB (Filteria Remixes) that mark a rich distinguishing flavor seldom heard and achived on his first two albums. Several numbers here make up some of the best tracks of 2009, and the last ambient Goa track is gorgeous. Why can't we have a whole album by Filteria in this amazing, chill Goa downtempo style? The artist was never one to end his albums lightly anyway; his expression of harmony shown on the closing track is wonderful. I just wish there was more work like this, though there's a potential other album for that. All in all, those who enjoyed Sky Input and Heliopolis will likely enjoy Filteria - Remixed and Unreleased. And those who didn't should probably stay away (unless you like the KOB work, which is terrific btw). It is that simple.

Total Length: More than 90 minutes!

Favorite Tracks - 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 9, 10.

A-

Scroll down for Samples / Download it for €6.00 (around $8.50) here in excellent quality.

http://www.suntriprecords.com/shop/item/SUNDG01/

• 1 month later...