Oforia: Another one bites the dust

Ormion

Well my thoughts exactly... it's always the same: artists just reach a limit where they can't advance any more with a given set of rules so then they need to start over again with something different. Hence psytrance and all its sub-genres have reached their natural limit of evolution and it is just time to let it die in peace and move to something else. And I mean this time it's a major change, the same way that electronic music took over rock music, a "mammals are replacing dinosaurs" kindof thing, not just a "small evolution" like when goatrance evolved from trance or when full-on evolved from goa. Again, I'm not just speaking of my personal feelings here, I'm just saying what I see, based on what is being played at parties, which is also the reason why I say that dubstep is the new psytrance and not techno, or hardcore or whatnot. I don't think that hardcore or detroit techno or D&B were ever played at VuuV, but dubstep has...

I also said it was stone cold dead - well about Goa trance - but I have changed my mind and don't really believe that anymore. Its all about evolving and looking for new ways. I still believe there's are many people out there who would love to get into a real trance experience all over again. All they need are some artists to lead the way. I don't say I will be the one todo that but I will for sure try to get that old vision of what trance is really about back into my own music. And if I am lucky then some people will like what they hear and maybe I can start my own little "revolution" in the psytrance scene. It's worth a try. I believe people are open. Let's see if the organizers are too. And if they are then I seeno reason why it should not be possible to get "Trance" back into the Trance festivals.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. Maybe you could change your mind before you call the rest of us a bunch of elitist bullies in future.

Holding a grudge ;) Get over it mate :)

And yes some of you, I can't remember if you participated so don't take it personal, have bullied certain people in the past. That was and still is my reference. But as I said get over it. It's getting old with all the references you make.

And yes some of you, I can't remember if you participated so don't take it personal, have bullied certain people in the past. That was and still is my reference.

But as I said get over it. It's getting old with all the references you make.

I also said it was stone cold dead - well about Goa trance - but I have changed my mind and don't really believe that anymore. Its all about evolving and looking for new ways. I still believe there's are many people out there who would love to get into a real trance experience all over again. All they need are some artists to lead the way. I don't say I will be the one todo that but I will for sure try to get that old vision of what trance is really about back into my own music. And if I am lucky then some people will like what they hear and maybe I can start my own little "revolution" in the psytrance scene. It's worth a try. I believe people are open. Let's see if the organizers are too. And if they are then I seeno reason why it should not be possible to get "Trance" back into the Trance festivals.

Well I'd really like to hear that... Personally I still find that your best effort to date is Aliens, from your first EP. Make another track like that and I'll be happy :)

I don't think that hardcore or detroit techno or D&B were ever played at VuuV, but dubstep has...

And who enjoyed the dubstep? You and the other 5 people that were at that stage? <_<

The techhouse/minimal stuff that was played there the day before that was so much more psychedelic than anything else, let that take over! :)

And who enjoyed the dubstep? You and the other 5 people that were at that stage? <_<

hehe touché ;) although to be precise I didn't really like it either, I found it was too wierd for me. It only started growing on me a few months later once I started to get used to the hectic beats and wobbles ;)

The saddest thing about that Oforia tune is that actually thousands of people will dig the ground like crazy when this is played on a neat PA.

Also, there are much more fans of Lady Gaga than say Sigur Ros or Simon Posford.

The majority is wrong. And stupid as well.

i mean lol , and just read the description trying to fool the listeners : Lovely female voices from Aquatica, Indra, System Nipel and Electra let us feel like angels are coming down, filled up with the strictly power of psychedelic trance; hard dancefloor beats from DNA, Sesto Sento, F.F.T., Oforia and Astrix bring Templeton' s ultimate euphoric goa trance style to the top for the dancers!

i'd rather spend my money on a kebab :lol:

sorry world service records , you failed to deliver. :)

• 3 weeks later...

i mean lol , and just read the description trying to fool the listeners : Lovely female voices from Aquatica, Indra, System Nipel and Electra let us feel like angels are coming down, filled up with the strictly power of psychedelic trance; hard dancefloor beats from DNA, Sesto Sento, F.F.T., Oforia and Astrix bring Templeton' s ultimate euphoric goa trance style to the top for the dancers!

i'd rather spend my money on a kebab :lol:

sorry world service records , you failed to deliver. :)

Yeah as you open up this CD it says on the inside cover "this is the greatest goa on earth" or something similar, it's not, the mixing is basic to say the least and from out of the Krunch track into the following tune there is no mixing skills at all, the tracks just collide and the fact that there's 4minutes on cd 1 of the last track and a minute and a half of the same track on cd2 say a lot more about DJ Templetons ego than anything. maybe this CD is just not meant for the likes of me, but who is this cd meant for even youngsters who have just bought something with Shiva behind the decks on the cover to see what it's like would be disapointed with this release. If these tunes are really what get played on the beaches on thailand I'm quite happy to spend my time in rainy cold old BIrmingham (UK) thanks.