dark set starters

Guest lysergic

what are some good tracks to start a dark, evil set?

something that sets the mood, you can feel the atmosphere getting darker.. there is creatures coming out of the trees.. people on the dancefloor starting to get freaked out.. you know what i mean :)

there is a few schlab tracks which id like to use.. but i want you guys opinions on what would do it for you..

id like something with a long confusing intro.. most of the dark tracks i have "get going" too fast.. not enough intro

Guest AtomikElf

Lysergic.......hmmmm, is that an eeeeevil little grin i see on your face and a flashy spark in your eye??? };)

hehe, how you doing man :::)

if you wanna start it out dark, fucked, and twisted as hell, this tune is for you: "ect + mass: ants for breakfast" - that should let everyone know you're bringin' on the heavies. also consider "x-dream: electromagnetic" for that intense psy-entrapment vibes, and some more tunes for you:

vibrasphere: echo plantation, to get 'em going into the arena, hehe

gorlation corporation: you are it

droidlock: falling apart

paps: digital ache and/or vibes from the other side

parasence: apple in your hand

phlat phaze: pearly gate crasher

and for some energy: spacecat vs some dude (don't know): armageddon

cat on mushroom: expose

droidsect: ketamine

leviathan: boiling and stompin' - very nice far out flip out ;)

etnica: hell's kitchen, and i think by this time they'd be sufficiently fried ;)

and for some badass tunes consider this: acid rockers: inside - although it's not strictly psytrance, but it rocks

hmmm, ;) wicked tunes you got there my man, are you sure you wanna do that to someone trippin' their face off?? >;)

take it easy bro :)

"be in love"

I agree, many dark tracks get into the pound or don't build atmosphere before they build beat. Here's a few I suggest:

Semsis - Heroes and Madmen

Slinky Wizard - Sacred Fist

Double Dragon - Soft Machine (incroyable!)

Koxbox - Stratosfierce 2001

Spirallianz - Battlejuice

Cydonia - Freakshow

And due to the recent SARS scare in Toronto I recently opened a set at an outdoor party with Xenomorph's Neurotoxin ;) that was a chuckle...

Guest lysergic

sorry atomikelf , i dont like ants for breakfast........... the track that is :)

i actually find it annoying :/

droidsect - ketamine , is a good one.. its very focused on "mental" sounds which im after.

nothing is coming close to schlab yet :)

Guest Kokoretsi

You wanna scare everybody ? ? ?

Being not predictable and put the audience to anxiety and fear by playing

Tim Schuldt - Evil Playground !!

if you wanna real start out a good set dont play psy but play a darkwave song or some instrumental industrial.. download or front line assembly/ministry.

Guest connor

the tracks listed too far seem too dark to actually START a set with..

Some new stuff has been starting anything dark for me:

Panick - The Punisher

CPU - Killer Rabbit

Guest nemesis

play some psycho micro... or kindzadza!! i cud go on... osom.. .parasense... rinkadink... suria... paranormal attack..

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Arkan

Shees, you guys, except Joe, havent got a CLUE what dark is. X-Dream? I DONT THINK SO!

Schlab is the only thing that comes close, except industrial music of course, like SKINNY PUPPY. I think Schlab is too funny to be dark though, and most of the time its just noise, in a good way, not dark at all.

Dark should be stuff that starts you thinking, stuff that makes you go into yourself, stuff that makes you confront your inner darkness, and hopefully turn it into something good. We all have something dark inside of us, some fears or desires, we need to confront this and understand it.

Thats what happens to me during a night set at an open air party when Im tripping. I want to hear music that sets me in an introvert mood so I can work with myself. Its too dark outside anyway so I cant see or talk to anyone else. (This is not stupid club music, this is original outdoor goa psychedelic music, what its all about) Its physical body language music, hehe "electronic body music" if you like. Find out what that sentence means if you dont already know!!!

Then, when you have confronted your inner darkness, bring on sunrise and your happy and positive feelings! Bring on the other people at the party, smile and interact, bring on the rest of the world, feel like you won a victory. Play "winning" trance hehehe. :)

Anyway, play slow opening tracks, find some good techno, industrial remixes, slow Planet Ben, slow Youth tracks. Whatever. Just keep it under 130 and continually build it up towards 140+ and the proper night music.

Always have a good strategy and strive towards a goal, and be prepared to improvise as well! :)

Good luck!

Guest massive_yak

oi! i just suggested fall out cuz it does have a dark feel to it and it doesn't waste any time getting to the beats.. but if you want to take your time getting into the beats.. then use old delerium tracks (dark ambient) or something off the lustmord vs. metal beast album..

or better yet: do what juno reactor did, use that spooky music from 2001: A Space Odyssey.. that 'wha' thing is really spooky and leaves room for you to build into whatever you want

Guest sam i am

Hi Lysergic

:-)

U r from Aus yeah? Near Byron?

I'm sure I'll get 2 meet ya sometime soon - I'm sure we go 2 a lot of the same parties

Anywayz, about your topic... I have been wanting 2 start a night-time set with this 4 a long time:

Absolum - "the 6th Revelation"

sure, it's no schlab, but it DOES have a long & juicy intro which sounds quite mechanical, industrial & somewhat disturbing.

It builds nicely, but never goes completely OFF & from there I'm sure u can work it into the more twisted & disturbing stuff that we all love (GOW, Marchaos, whatever)

• 2 years later...

what are some good tracks to start a dark, evil set?

something that sets the mood, you can feel the atmosphere getting darker .. there is creatures coming out of the trees..  people on the dancefloor starting to get freaked out..  you know what i mean :)

49746[/snapback]

I can think of,

Grapes Of Wrath - All Your Base R Belong To Us!

Brain Waves - Black Cat

I would say Yahel - For The People

276844[/snapback]

:lol:

Derango - no thing (v/a - örebro freakfactory 3)

Wing Ping - Wish Pusher ( V/a - Zen vol.1)

xenomorph - Tzelmavet or qlippoth and just follow it with a nice blisargon demogron-styled kick but Pretty much everthing from this one works.

speaking of obsolete topics :)