11. Time Stop BEHIND BLUE EYES, KRUSSELDORF

12. Depth Charge BEHIND BLUE EYES, KRUSSELDORF

13. Holy Makaroly BEHIND BLUE EYES, KRUSSELDORF, TERZIAN

14. Depth Charge (Antix rmx) BEHIND BLUE EYES, KRUSSELDORF

15. Spanker KRUSSELDORF

16. Cold sleep chamber KRUSSELDORF

17. Autumn BEHIND BLUE EYES, KRUSSELDORF

18. Kisses from the clouds (Krusseldorf rmx) BEHIND BLUE EYES

This one goes out to Mindphilux! I do read the review requests. Wow. This is a monster. 18 tracks in two cds, it is also available in the Compact Stick media format. The great Iboga Records, warlords of Progressive Trance, are behind this mish mash of a release. I don't say that as an insult, far from it. I say it because you have tracks that are by both of the featured artists, tracks by their lonesomes, as well as tracks of theirs remixed by other artists. Either way you slice it, a prettier piece of progressive pie you would be hard to come by.

The cover is of a beautiful cloud ridden sky with a slight inkblot where the artists names are located. It seems very peaceful and relaxing. The promo from Psyshop says that this is "an an awesome blend of Techno, Trance and Chillout with everything in between and a little more!" It sounds nice, like a dream come true, but is it? Too many releases have tried to do it all only to come up short. We'll see rabbit. We'll see.

I won't review each track because...well there are 18 of them. What you get is bouncy, sometimes house influenced progressive trance. Not many layers (sometimes it can sound almost minimal) with a heavy nod towards techno. It can be quirky, or relaxing, but always groovy. There are not any epic tracks here where stories are being told; ones that you will always remember where you were when you heard it. However, I could see this working in a DJ set, as the kicks are really heavy and the effects create a dreamy atmosphere. "You Were Aware" hit me with the right combination of smooth vibe crossed with juicy bass. "Sub Surface Dwellers" came with a nice, almost melancholy piano melody. The grooviest track has to go to the Antix remix of "Depth Charge". While not essential, you really can't go wrong with this release.

Psyshoppage

Mdk

• 1 month later...

i thought this was quite a nice 2xCD album. i'm not very familiar with behind blue eyes but these 2 make a good collaboration. it might interest people that Krusseldorf just released his 2nd full length album called Bohemian Groove. its more downtempo stuff like his 1st album on sofa beats

• 1 month later...