Filteria - Remixes & Unreleaseds (Suntrip Records, Digital release)

In spring 2007, we had announced an unofficial Filteria album in digital format only containing remixes and unreleased material. At the time we believed we would soon be distributed digitally, but that didn't happen. And we didn't have our online shop then. So this album never saw the daylight… Until now, right on time for Christmas!

These tracks are approximately from 2006 and are close to the Heliopolis/Sky Input era both in style and sound/production wise. Worth mentioning is that most of these remixes were made for the summer party season. Filteria has selected his favorite versions of the remixes.

Here's the tracklist of "Remixes & Unreleaseds"

1. Operation Mind Expansion

2. Latch

3. Poem

4. Speech Module (Filteria Remix)

5. Rotate To Vibrate (Ze Remix)

6. Unfiltred (Sun Remix)

7. Reflected (Blinded Remix)

8. Total Planetary Being (Filteria Remix)

9. K.O.B. – Multiple Disorder (Filteria Remix)

10. K.O.B. – Weight Of Oblivion (Filteria Ambient Remix)

In total, more than 90 minutes of madness :)

Samples and more here

It's taken me a while to get into Filteria. I bought Heliopolis a while back but ended up not liking it as much as I thought I would. I'm finally kind of "getting" Filteria, but it's still music I can't listen to very often. I only heard little snippets of "Daze of our Lives" when it came out and I think I liked it better, but I still haven't heard it very fully.

That this way of presenting the release kills within me any desire to go for it and that I expected suntrip records to be free form things like "madness" and "insanity".

Come on, I'm a no-goer for a digital releases, but this one I'll actually chime in because I know the money goes to the right hands :P

I don't disagree, but I would give my right hand to have it in a physical copy.

Well I don't disagree there either. I'd love a real copy of course. Collectors edition anyone? :P

I just tried to buy it, but there's something wrong with paypal.

I'll try again later.

I hate internet shopping! :angry:

That this way of presenting the release kills within me any desire to go for it and that I expected suntrip records to be free form things like "madness" and "insanity".

Rhetorical.

I just tried to buy it, but there's something wrong with paypal.

I'll try again later.

I hate internet shopping! :angry:

I see a dozen orders with paypal in the last 2 days, it should work for you. If you have a strange bug though, please rpeort it to me.

Why only digital release? Why? WHY?

Why not a cd release huh? HUH?

I need it!!!

Well, This Filteria volume is 50% unreleased but not so new music, and 50% extensive remixes of known tracks. Releasing a CD is a lot of work, and kinda freezes our catalog for at least one month. With the digital format we can put all tracks online in a couple of hours. And dedicate more time to other freser releases.

Also, I don't think it would be convenient to release it on CD after Daze of Our Lives, many wouldn't understand, and worse, many would complain that we're trying to "monetize" Filteria. No thanks.

This is really a gift for fans and collectors, for a fair price, and for a good cause.

That said, if a service existed to press like 50-100 cds for a nice price, I swear we'd use it.

Well, This Filteria volume is 50% unreleased but not so new music, and 50% extensive remixes of known tracks. Releasing a CD is a lot of work, and kinda freezes our catalog for at least one month. With the digital format we can put all tracks online in a couple of hours. And dedicate more time to other freser releases.

Also, I don't think it would be convenient to release it on CD after Daze of Our Lives, many wouldn't understand, and worse, many would complain that we're trying to "monetize" Filteria. No thanks.

This is really a gift for fans and collectors, for a fair price, and for a good cause.

That said, if a service existed to press like 50-100 cds for a nice price, I swear we'd use it.

Mars summed it all up there.

Remember that this is around 90 minutes long so can't be pressed (all) on a normal CD.

That said, a high quality 320 kbps MP3 would be nice.

I see several labels making limited editions of 100 and selling at the normal price. I guess they are taking a cut in profit? If just making a limited collectors edition, it couldn't be about massive sales profit anyways.

how can it be about massive sales profit when most labels do not even sell 500 copies of a CD, which hardly makes up for the whole production. as far as i remember from the ~100 limited edition releases that i bought lately, these were burned CDRs, no pressed CDs.

i actually do not see the point of the discussion, honestly. it is 6 EUR for 10 tracks, which is a great deal and a nice christmas gift. so thank you mars, anoebis and of course jannis!

BTW: i would have loved to have the lunar remix of lunar civilization on there. so let's hope for part 2 ;)

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=marsfab#p/u/22/b6W8IDhDnhs

Hello :)

I hope you will enjoy these remixes. And digital was the easiest way to go...

BTW: i would have loved to have the lunar remix of lunar civilization on there. so let's hope for part 2 ;)

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=marsfab#p/u/22/b6W8IDhDnhs

We'll see how this first release goes before deciding if a new one comes :) I have more material. As for the Lunar Remix of Lunar Civilization, that one is only for gigs for the moment..

Take care and thank you for your suuport / Jannis