Good TV Series? Any?

PRS

I LOVE that show !! i need to watch the entire thing again

I love it too but I prefer to watch first couple of seasons, I especially like the season when they go to Belfast. Gotta love the Irish accent.

Later on it's just ... DEATH DEATH & DEATH.

You think?
Most people I've spoken with didn't like season 2 of Mr Robot.

I liked it a lot. I didn't think it was better than the first season though.

Season 1 felt like a contained story and arc

Season 2 felt like the first act in a three act story (which I think it was, since at the time of making season 2, they were planning on four or five seasons)

So season 2 had a bunch of great shit, but it didn't feel complete and meandered a lot throughout.

Westworld was fun

Atlanta was fantastic

People of Earth (a comedy about an AA-type meeting for people who have been abducted by aliens)

Adam Ruins Everything is good critical thinking educational humor teevee

• 3 weeks later...

I just started watching "Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency" on Netflix, which is based on Douglas Adams' book(s). As expected, it's properly weird and funny, with very strange characters and convoluted plot. The premise is really weird - the titular detective instead of focusing on finding clues and evidence, somehow believes that is enough for him to follow whatever happens, because he's destined to solve the crime that way. And it works indeed...

I'm on S01E02 right now, but I really like it!

Trailer:

I liked the books but I stopped the first episode 10 minutes in because I thought it was stupid and the characters annoying.

Oh, they indeed are, but in a cute and adorable way, like most of Douglas Adams' characters. I've not read the books, so maybe indeed it's not what he was originally going for?

Still, I'd recommend to really try it - it gains momentum and starts to make sense in 2nd half of the season.

I have seen 2 episodes of Black mirror. Scary reality ? Who knows.

Edit: just finished watching the first season. I like it, thanks Blair.

It dealt myriad of issues plaguing our societies.

Off to watch season 2 now.

Black Mirror is an outstanding TV show. The third season was even better than the first. I definitely think that people interested in psytrance, particularly the darker side of it, would enjoy it.

Luther is back with 3rd season on Netflix, so if you like dark & disturbing crime stories then it's worth checking out.

Is it something like the first season of True Detective? I really enjoyed the philosophy-heavy plot, so if Luther is anything like that, IM IN! :)

Is it something like the first season of True Detective? I really enjoyed the philosophy-heavy plot, so if Luther is anything like that, IM IN! :)

It's similar in overall vibe (a brilliant and uncompromising detective, who can't help being dragged personally into the crimes he's trying to solve), but I'd say not AS dark and disturbing as True Detective. But then nothing really is... If you've Netflix (or piratebay...) try first 2-3 episodes of season 1, but beware it might be difficult to sometime understand what they're saying because they're using proper - and slang - English :D

It's similar in overall vibe (a brilliant and uncompromising detective, who can't help being dragged personally into the crimes he's trying to solve), but I'd say not AS dark and disturbing as True Detective. But then nothing really is... If you've Netflix (or piratebay...) try first 2-3 episodes of season 1, but beware it might be difficult to sometime understand what they're saying because they're using proper - and slang - English :D

I watched the first episode and Im hooked! I love how Luther himself is prone to violence and just his character in general. I also love how seductive Alice Morgan is, even though she is what she is. Hope shes here to stay! Anyway, thanks mate!  :D

• Like 1

I watched the first episode and Im hooked! I love how Luther himself is prone to violence and just his character in general. I also love how seductive Alice Morgan is, even though she is what she is. Hope shes here to stay! Anyway, thanks mate!  :D

I'm glad to hear you like it :)

Yes, Alice is still there in Season 4 I just started watching.

If you're on Netflix, I'd also recommend seeing:

- Daredevil - not a typical Marvel universe action-hero series, it's much darker, grittier and actually engaging,

- Elementary - another take on contemporary Sherlock Holmes (with female dr Watson :)) and few surprising twists and turns along the way,

- Better Call Saul - a prequel of sorts to Breaking Bad, telling the story of Jimmy McGill & how he became the Saul Goodman we know from Breaking Bad,

- Stranger Things - as a great throwback sci-fi movies of 90's, al'a the Goonies or E.T.

You have to watch Stranger Things, I just loved it. I'm watchting Penny Dreadfull right now, also nice. If you want something funny I would go for Orange Is The New Black.

• Like 1

Yeah Orange Is the New Black is pretty cool.

Also I want to ask, what is it that Stranger Things does that is so good that it made such a great impression on people? I mean I would rate the show with 6/10 at best. Plot is meh, acting is okay, characters themselves are very meh, its not frighting, its not thrilling, its not original at anything. I dont get it o.O

Yeah Orange Is the New Black is pretty cool.

Also I want to ask, what is it that Stranger Things does that is so good that it made such a great impression on people? I mean I would rate the show with 6/10 at best. Plot is meh, acting is okay, characters themselves are very meh, its not frighting, its not thrilling, its not original at anything. I dont get it o.O

I think it is mainly because of the 80s nostalgia. The show is good, but not great. It is a 6.5/10 for me

I think it is mainly because of the 80s nostalgia. The show is good, but not great. It is a 6.5/10 for me

What exactly are they nostalgic about? I was born in mid 90s so i dont know

What exactly are they nostalgic about? I was born in mid 90s so i dont know

That's your answer right there - the movies Stranger Things draws inspiration from (ET, Goonies, etc.) were beyond your time. In recent memory Spielberg's "Super 8" was in the same vein, so if you didn't like that one Stranger Things is likely not for you as well...

It's also a throwback to family movies of the 80's, which they don't really do anymore, that's why it's not very scary or thrilling - it's supposed to be fun for everyone.

Oh, and for me a Tron-esque electronic music theme was a bit plus :)

• Like 1

Super 8 was JJ Abrahams love letter to Spielberg, but was not a Spielberg movie directly. =) 

Season 4 of Sherlock was great. The first episode felt a bit off, but I actually liked the way everything developed and where we're left for the potential final season.