Good TV Series? Any?

PRS

I hear you. I felt the same way about Lost and Heroes - didn't make it through the first episodes. But I highly recommend you try again at some point. I've been riveted the entire way (although I was a little skeptical at first, too), and think Bryan Cranston is one of the best actors out there, besides being a total badass in the show.

well I think this is the problem with most series: it's not as much the series itself as the fact that it becomes a habit to watch it, so even if you don't like it all you just keep watching it to see how the story unfolds. Personally I'd gladly stop watching Lost but at the same time it feels a waste to have gone through 5 seasons and not see how it finally ends (even though I already know that there's a 99% chance that I'll be dissapointed).

Just from watching about 2,5 episodes from the start of this series I already knew it was going to turn out like this. Now I know I didn't miss anything. The X-Files became completely unsatisfying because of those exact reasons.

They tried too hard to build mystery upon mystery and meanwhile it became a mess, needlessly complicated and finally totally unconvincing.

hehe yeah and you should've seen the series creator saying at the beginning of the 5th season that the show has finally reached the point where there are more answers than new questions... that never happened ;)

Just from watching about 2,5 episodes from the start of this series I already knew it was going to turn out like this. Now I know I didn't miss anything. The X-Files became completely unsatisfying because of those exact reasons.

They tried too hard to build mystery upon mystery and meanwhile it became a mess, needlessly complicated and finally totally unconvincing.

Blah, blah another hater! :P

You guys don't get it do you?

Lost is not just a mystery story, it's whole mythology.

hehe yeah and you should've seen the series creator saying at the beginning of the 5th season that the show has finally reached the point where there are more answers than new questions... that never happened

You obviously watch another series.

ALL the small mysteries have been solved. Only the major mysteries remained unknown (Jacob, Smoke monster etc.)

Did you really expect to reveal all the mysteries when they have one whole season ahead of them?

Quit talking crap man.

You obviously watch another series.

ALL the small mysteries have been solved. Only the major mysteries remained unknown (Jacob, Smoke monster etc.)

Did you really expect to reveal all the mysteries when they have one whole season ahead of them?

Quit talking crap man.

yeah you mean like all the mysteries that mattered... and the ones that were answered weren't really convincing IMO. But anyway I'll just wait for a few more months for the finale, and THEN all the people saying "wait wait, you'll see that in the end everything will be explained, Lindelhof promised us!" will finally realize that they were scammed and will shut up once and for all :P

yeah you mean like all the mysteries that mattered... and the ones that were answered weren't really convincing IMO. But anyway I'll just wait for a few more months for the finale, and THEN all the people saying "wait wait, you'll see that in the end everything will be explained, Lindelhof promised us!" will finally realize that they were scammed and will shut up once and for all :P

I wil suggest you to visit Lostpedia

Everything is there

well I think this is the problem with most series: it's not as much the series itself as the fact that it becomes a habit to watch it, so even if you don't like it all you just keep watching it to see how the story unfolds.

Definitely. I recently watched the first season of First Blood and thought it was okay, but I kind of wish I hadn't. I watched it all because my friend lent me the DVDs. If I were watching online, I probably would've stopped after the second or third episode. Then there are some series that I can't wait for new episodes.

Here's a more or less recent show that doesn't get mentioned much that I thought was very clever and funny, along the lines of the English Office: Summer Heights High, which is Australian. Another one would be The Mighty Boosh. Very funny.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a more or less recent show that doesn't get mentioned much that I thought was very clever and funny, along the lines of the English Office: Summer Heights High, which is Australian.

agreed, summer heights high was a well done mockumentary series. if you get the chance, check out another australian comedy - Wilfred.

• 3 weeks later...

no love for

Trailer Park Boys?!

old series but damn I like it :) especially after I started (not finished yet though) on watching it chronologically B) bubbles is the man!

I also never really got into Lost... watched 1½ episode and got annoyed with the actors pretty fast... but maybe I should try it one day, but then again too many episode... too much time wasted!

no love for

Trailer Park Boys?!

old series but damn I like it :) especially after I started (not finished yet though) on watching it chronologically B) bubbles is the man!

I also never really got into Lost... watched 1½ episode and got annoyed with the actors pretty fast... but maybe I should try it one day, but then again too many episode... too much time wasted!

I watched the first season of Trailer Park Boys. It's definitely good, and definitely original. Personally, the acting was a distraction. I found it hard to get immersed, but I'm positive if I'd continued I would've enjoyed it. Had aspects of South Park and Reno 911.

I recently got hooked on Lost, and stopped at the end of the second season. It really is hugely addictive.

Two series I can recommend for a sort of twisted, hallucinogenic comedy experience are Wonder Showzen (sadly short-lived but amazing) and Tim and Eric's Awesome Show, Great Job. Just finished season 3 of Tim and Eric, and it's fuckin' out there.

Gonna have to download something.

The only thing that's on TV here these days is comedy and A GAZILLION DIFFERENT crime/cop/law series.

What the hell is it with all those crime series?!! Like that is the only interesting subject for a TV series, jeeezzz

Two series I can recommend for a sort of twisted, hallucinogenic comedy experience are Wonder Showzen (sadly short-lived but amazing) and Tim and Eric's Awesome Show, Great Job. Just finished season 3 of Tim and Eric, and it's fuckin' out there.

Hmmm, sounds like a recommendation if it comes in the same sentence as Wonder Showzen. Man, was that like Sesame Street on high doses of acid, or what? Awesomely insane. :)

no love for

Trailer Park Boys?!

Trailer Park Boys is awesome series... It's certainly worth watching.

Caprica is being very good so far IMO, quite harsh and not your typical tech-in-your-face sci-fi series.

Didn't know they were doing a new series in the BSG universe... Interesting :) I will see if I can sneak a peak somewhere :ph34r:

Caprica is being very good so far IMO, quite harsh and not your typical tech-in-your-face sci-fi series.

Nice to hear. I found the pilot interesting and liked the choice of actors. The main thing that bothered me about BSG was that there was too much drama when there should have been more kickass space war action. To have an intelligent BSG-related series with just the drama is fine with me.