Good TV Series? Any?

PRS

Doctor Who

Spongebob Squarepants

Dr. House

Scobel (<- great german TV discussion series!)

SNF (Saturday Night Fever ... pseudo-documentation-soap about stupid partying chav youth folk ... terrible, but the best to watch with friends if you are k.o. from sports, you'll laugh without reason all the time)

• 3 months later...

• 2 weeks later...

^ Because it's only just airing for like a month.

Watched episode 5 today. Had the most action so far.

Lot of story building and the pace is quite slow. I feel the best is yet to come.

There are a lot of references to past events that I haven't completely figured out yet.

Sean Bean is cool and there are plenty more solid characters.

I think it's an awesome show! Very foreboding atmosphere and building the story nicely, I love that. Awesome characters too, especially the dwarf :D

Breaking Bad is the best show I've seen in a good while.

It rocks! It's like your in the middle of it. So realistically filmed. And oh the suspense! :)

My favs:

Sci-Fi:

Battlestar Galactica

Comedy:

30 Rock

The Big Bang Theory (you need to get used to Sheldon first)

Curb Your Enthusiasm (extremely embarrassing recognizable situations from the maker of Seinfeld Larry David)

Seinfeld

Action/Drama

Breaking Bad

Dexter

House

Psychoville (pretty crazy show, but very entertaining)

I think it's an awesome show! Very foreboding atmosphere and building the story nicely, I love that. Awesome characters too, especially the dwarf :D

Yeah the dwarf is cool

I also like the intro very much. :)

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=iN8PKcNGcuI

It rocks! It's like your in the middle of it. So realistically filmed. And oh the suspense! :)

My favs:

Sci-Fi:

Battlestar Galactica

Comedy:

30 Rock

The Big Bang Theory (you need to get used to Sheldon first)

Curb Your Enthusiasm (extremely embarrassing recognizable situations from the maker of Seinfeld Larry David)

Seinfeld

Action/Drama

Breaking Bad

Dexter

House

Psychoville (pretty crazy show, but very entertaining)

solid recs :)

i add boardwalk empire

It's my personal opinion that Twin Peaks is the best television show ever.

If only I could get into the rest of Lynch's work to the same degree, but I find myself unable to do so.

edit: As far as animation goes, I particularly enjoy Neon Genesis Evangelion, Utena, the original Gundam (0079), and a few other things. Spent some time as an anime nerd growing up.

It's my personal opinion that Twin Peaks is the best television show ever.

[...]

Twin Peaks kicks ass for sure. The Wire and Rubicon are quite outstanding too. Also The Sopranos, but that's very old news i guess. Most funny show atm is certainly Family Guy.

• 1 month later...

Just downloaded the first 3 episodes of falling skies, on recommendation.

Aliens land, and kill 90% of earth's population, story follows a small band of survivors six months later.

Yea, I'm still waiting for that to happen.

and I'm disappointed every morning that it hasn't....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Posted Image

Woow, that looks ace!!!

My favourite at the momen is The Corner http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Corner it's from the same writers that did The Wire and Homicide. Unfortunately it features only six episodes but it really grapped me. It covers a year in the life of the people (well, drug addicts most of them) living around the corner of Lafayette Steet in Baltimore. If's based on a non-fiction book and in the very last episode you see the real life characters talking about how they are now. I really recommend that one!

The Walking Dead

Game of Thrones

Couldn't agree more, probably two best TV shows in last few years. Recently I started to watch Terra Nova, it's not big time fail and got some interesting action and plot but for Christ sake why every american TV show (especialy SCI-FI) must have some idiot teens? Besides that, Terra Nova is a great mixture of Jurassic Park/Stargate/Avatar.

Couldn't agree more, probably two best TV shows in last few years. Recently I started to watch Terra Nova, it's not big time fail and got some interesting action and plot but for Christ sake why every american TV show (especialy SCI-FI) must have some idiot teens? Besides that, Terra Nova is a great mixture of Jurassic Park/Stargate/Avatar.

I saw the first episode. But as you said, the teenagers, my god the teenagers! I couldn't take it.