Good TV Series? Any?

PRS

Lost is decent

Sopranos is good

But is there anything good from the last 4 years excluding comedy?

I can't seem to get even through the pilot of the most series I try...

cliche's and bad acting being the main factors I guess

Try Office. I like it because its realistic, about situations that could happen in real life and how people react to them.

This is from the 90s but if you like british humour try the Jeeves and Wooster TV series.

Ok, im understating Lost a little bit, i mean im really looking forward to the ending.

But the point is, watching stuff doesnt really do it for me anymore lately, unlike just listening to music :)

So, if there is anything great out there im missing let me know.

Dexter i have tried, maybe should retry.

Office UK is pretty good, have seen that one. (US version is really crap i think)

Lately I've become completely addicted to Six Feet Under. Good dark comedy slash drama, real characters and development, sometimes a bit dark and cynical, but I have to admit liking it A LOT!

Otherwise, my number 1 series of all time is the unbeatable Twin Peaks. Nothing short of brilliant.

Also agree on The Office. I'm sorry for American fans of this series, but the only really funny one is the original, British version.

Current stuff I watch on maketunes-break: Fringe, Supernatural, The Big Bang Theory (a must if you're a geek like me), Californication, Flashforward, the remake of V, Sanctuary (pass on the webisodes, they tell all that story on the first real episodes).

Older stuff: Twin Peaks, the remake of Battlestar Galactica (awesome), Doctor Who, Torchwood, Jericho (continued now as a comic book series), The Pretender, X-Files, Nowhere Man.

Eagerly awaiting for the comeback of Lost.

Big Bang is very funny, and not declining yet to my surprise.

Battlestar G... what a trainwreck! I mean, it had its great moments, but if you look back at the story it's so random and plain dumb :(

If Lost is just decent then everything else is crap.

Lost is not so good imo. :)

Good shows:

The Wire !!!! (best social/criminological series out there)

Twin Peaks

Deadwood

Mad Men

Sopranos

In Treatment (if you like psychology and everything in one room)

Oz

Six Feet Under

The Office Uk / Spaced / Extra's (comedy)

Lost has its cheese, plotholes and cheap patches thereof.

This guy seems to have some taste, so leave him alone :)

There's no plotholes in Lost. Everything makes sense.

And considering how complicated the story is it leaves you speechless.

There's no plotholes in Lost.

Not after the patches :) If those patches make sense and so are not really patches is subjective probably.

But whatever, its the most enjoyable running series!

As far as shows that are still active:

House MD

Mad Men

Modern Family

Community

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Man v Food

30 Rock

Shows that are no longer making new episodes:

The Sopranos

The Wire

Six Feet Under

Arrested Development

Twin Peaks

Homes Movies

Star Trek TOS

Lost is good, but the added intricacies just make it less and less realistic to the point of becoming ridiculous. This reminds me X-Files and Twin Peaks: they're great at first but once you realize that they're just complicating the plot to make new seasons it becomes pretty pointless and boring. And I'm ready to bet a million dollars that most fans will be highly dissapointed by the finale in Lost, I mean come on, how can anyone NOT be dissapointed given how high the stakes have been risen?

Other than that I'm quite a big fan of Dr Who. Sure, it can be a bit childish/ dorky at times but still, most episodes are pretty thought-provoking and really change the way one sees reality (I mean the whole concept that the past, the present and the future are all happening at the same time, in a continuous "now").

I used to like Sopranos but have given up on it since the break between seasons 4 and 5...

Other than that, well actually I'm quite happy that I don't watch many series since they're pretty time-consuming. I prefer listening to music or reading books ;)

Lost is good, but the added intricacies just make it less and less realistic to the point of becoming ridiculous. This reminds me X-Files and Twin Peaks: they're great at first but once you realize that they're just complicating the plot to make new seasons it becomes pretty pointless and boring. And I'm ready to bet a million dollars that most fans will be highly dissapointed by the finale in Lost, I mean come on, how can anyone NOT be dissapointed given how high the stakes have been risen?

Just from watching about 2,5 episodes from the start of this series I already knew it was going to turn out like this. Now I know I didn't miss anything. The X-Files became completely unsatisfying because of those exact reasons.

They tried too hard to build mystery upon mystery and meanwhile it became a mess, needlessly complicated and finally totally unconvincing.

I saw the pilot and didn't even finish watching it. Not funny, bad acting, cheesy actors... didn't like it.

I hear you. I felt the same way about Lost and Heroes - didn't make it through the first episodes. But I highly recommend you try again at some point. I've been riveted the entire way (although I was a little skeptical at first, too), and think Bryan Cranston is one of the best actors out there, besides being a total badass in the show.

As far as shows that are still active:

House MD

Mad Men

Modern Family

Community

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Man v Food

30 Rock

Shows that are no longer making new episodes:

The Sopranos

The Wire

Six Feet Under