Good TV Series? Any?

PRS

I’ve only watched the first episode of The Foundation. So I can’t really say too much yet besides that it looks visually impressive. But feels a bit lacking in the characters/actors department. I’ll spare my final verdict until I’ve seen atleast the first season.

Gonna check out Mike Flannagan’s horror series Midnight Mass, seems promising from the reviews so far.

I really loved The Foundation (so far). For such a dense story/world/premise, something they are tentatively planning 08 seasons of, I think it's off to a fantastic start.

I've also been really enjoying "Y: The Last Man"

What we do in the Shadows is in the midst of its third season too! Super great stuff =)

4 hours ago, the goa constrictor said:

I really loved The Foundation (so far). For such a dense story/world/premise, something they are tentatively planning 08 seasons of, I think it's off to a fantastic start.

I've also been really enjoying "Y: The Last Man"

What we do in the Shadows is in the midst of its third season too! Super great stuff =)

Wow 8 seasons? Didn't know that. :D Well then they certainly have some time to set up the plots. I understand however that the books are not as character-focused, and paint a broader picture if I have understood it correctly. I have just started reading the books as well. So it will be interesting to see how that aspect develops. It reminds me a bit of the Destiny games by Bungie design-wise. Gold armor in a kinda of medieval knight meets Halo vibe. Which is certainly not a bad design choice. I hope there will be some ancient Egyptian inspired faction, like in Stargate. There were some characters that had a bit of that. Some elder priest looking dudes.

https://www.slashfilm.com/612996/apples-foundation-has-an-8-season-plan/

This is where I read that bit about 08 seasons. Obviously, not guaranteed but I think the companies producing these large projects like to know tentatively how long they can bank on the series if it becomes a hit and how to invest for ongoing needs. The sunk cost of design and building certain sets, when depreciated/accounted-for over 8 seasons instead of 1, can make those expenses more worthwhile. =)

I just started listening to the first audio book of the Expanse series. I really love that show and hope it gets picked up for a 7th season after this final season on Amazon. Not sure if anyone is willing to produce it though.

10 hours ago, the goa constrictor said:

https://www.slashfilm.com/612996/apples-foundation-has-an-8-season-plan/

This is where I read that bit about 08 seasons. Obviously, not guaranteed but I think the companies producing these large projects like to know tentatively how long they can bank on the series if it becomes a hit and how to invest for ongoing needs. The sunk cost of design and building certain sets, when depreciated/accounted-for over 8 seasons instead of 1, can make those expenses more worthwhile. =)

I just started listening to the first audio book of the Expanse series. I really love that show and hope it gets picked up for a 7th season after this final season on Amazon. Not sure if anyone is willing to produce it though.

Cool, I’m currently re-watching the first episode. Now some more details and dialogue is sinking in. It has some nice Game of Thrones vibes at times. The actor Lee Pace is well casted for his role, as he has this superior royal aura about him. Similar to his portrayal of the elvenking Thranduil in the Hobbit trilogy. :) 

This series certainly has the potential to become the killer app that Apple+ needs to lure in new subscribers. Because there isn’t really much else in this category elsewhere. Besides perhaps The Mandalorian and other future Disney projects. Which I think suffer a bit from beeing geared towards a younger audience in general. In typical Disney fashion, they put a lot of emphasis on humor and less on complex mature themes. I’ve always dreamed of a large-scale space opera epos in the TV-series format. I hope this lives up to it.

It’s uncanny how much alike the actor Jared Harris who plays Hari Seldon, is to his late father Richard Harris who played Albus Dumbledore in the two first Harry Potter movies. Their voices in particular are identical. And he is very good as well in his role as Hari Seldon so far.

Since his father was very convincing in his role as Marcus Aurelius in The Gladiator. They might’ve had this natural ability, to portray imperial characters in the family. ;) 

On the third episode of Foundation. A bit of a yawn-fest. The love/relationship aspect between some of the characters feel really tacked on. And I feel rather uninvested in the characters overall. :) The main characters felt more substantial in their delivery. But some of these lesser known actors seem a bit of a hit and miss. The action sequences are epic and tense though..

They really need to step up their game, if they’re aiming for some GOT levels.

Speaking of which a trailer dropped today for the upcoming GOT-spinoff:

• 7 months later...

Re-watching Game of Thrones in preparation for House of the Dragon.

Soo daamn good. It really is impossible to stop watching. :D