Good TV Series? Any?

PRS

Totally. Was a bit misleading in some of the marketing.

Speaking of JJ Abrahams, if I haven't already mentioned Fringe (too lazy to check previous pages), I'm gonna go ahead and recommend it again.

Fringe is one of the great sci-fi long-form stories to have been made. 100 episodes with a great arc that you can truly find seeds of the last season within the scenes of the first. While I wasn't 100% a fan of each episode, I give that show my full support for scope and execution.

• Like 1

Totally. Was a bit misleading in some of the marketing.

Speaking of JJ Abrahams, if I haven't already mentioned Fringe (too lazy to check previous pages), I'm gonna go ahead and recommend it again.

Fringe is one of the great sci-fi long-form stories to have been made. 100 episodes with a great arc that you can truly find seeds of the last season within the scenes of the first. While I wasn't 100% a fan of each episode, I give that show my full support for scope and execution.

A modern day X-Files. Too bad it ended up so abruptly :(

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

havent really watched tv lately. but when i visit my mom she always watches Poldark and its kinda nice i guess.

other than that, i rewatch all the goodies over the years, dont know HOW many times ive seen every episode of lets say Always sunny :D

ultra antisocial for a few years so gotta stalk up on them distractions

edit: oh and Mr Robot season 1 - before it went to utter shit, i still havent recovered mentally from the loss! i LOVED that bloddy season 1.

and ofc, Homeland - which is also ruined by the latest season.

• 2 years later...

Love Death Robots is amazing, I  did find myself wondering if the creators made a point of showing all that dick, but ain't an issue  with me, just an observation.

The expanse is also one of the amazing ones on TV. Although i haven't been able to watch any of the latest series because of licence changes and America exercising their television hegemony over the rest of us.... :D

• 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...
On 7/14/2019 at 1:54 AM, Tsotsi said:

Love Death Robots is amazing, I  did find myself wondering if the creators made a point of showing all that dick, but ain't an issue  with me, just an observation.

The expanse is also one of the amazing ones on TV. Although i haven't been able to watch any of the latest series because of licence changes and America exercising their television hegemony over the rest of us.... :D

Yes The Expanse seems really good, I was very curious to watch it and had it in my watch list on Netflix I think, before it got removed, and now it's an amazon exclusive? :(

13 minutes ago, AstralSphinx said:

Yes The Expanse seems really good, I was very curious to watch it and had it in my watch list on Netflix I think, before it got removed, and now it's an amazon exclusive? :(

I said fuck it and just downloaded from soulseek. If they aren't going to make it easy for me to pay and watch then watcha gonna do...

It's a lot of dialogue and slow moving pieces but i think it's super exciting.

• Like 1

The Expanse was cancelled by SyFy and was then picked up and renewed for additional seasons by Amazon. This is why it moved to Amazon and off of Netflix. There's nothing to be angry about with the switch. Without the switch, there wouldn't have been the latest season and no further episodes.

That said, I have no problems with pirating the show. I do. I just pirate because I am not giving Amazon a Prime membership. I'm not pirating because I feel owed that they took it off of Netflix. :/

As for shows, I'm currently loving the new Perry Mason and Stargirl.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/10/2020 at 7:48 AM, psychedelic chipmunk said:

Everybody, their mothers and entire extended families have seen Breaking Bad by now..
..so I decided to (finally) get  netflix and  watch it. I like it.

I haven't seen it either yet, the IMDB-score alone makes me curious. Not that the scores on there are always indicative of wether one will enjoy a movie or series, but it can often give an indication of the quality atleast. Or perhaps lately also about the PR-budgets of some companies *cough cough disney/marvel*.

Because yeah no one can fool me into believing that the avengers movies are up there with The Godfather, The Lord of The Rings movies etc. It's just that disney went full-on brainwash with their insane PR-budgets, flooding the market with paid reviews, and really put a lot of their spending into having an all-encompassing presence on social media.

Watching The Haunting of Hill House, what a splendid horror series. I get the chills everytime now at the end of the first season. It was a bit slow-paced in the first half of the season, but now it really picked up the pace. The haunted manor is like a character in itself, and the story, character development and setting is fascinating. It doesn't hurt that it's stunningly beautiful visually as well. The series is really clever, and plays around a lot with the mind. It's the perfect series to watch with the lights off, at night before going to sleep. So that sweet dreams can be had. :mellow:

Okey Marianne had some really good moments, it lost it's pace and excitement somewhat around episode 5. Which was too bad because it was really perfect until then. What I think happened is that they revealed the the complete plot a bit too early, so after that there wasn't anything left to really be invested in. Still I'll warmly recommend it, as it gave me the chills plenty of times, less so after episode 5.

I would have loved to see what they could've made in a second season, unfortunatley it seems it got canceled. Now I think I will watch American Horrory Story, sadly there are only three seasons on Netflix. 

Watching the Roanoke season of American Horror Story. Some funny shit so far. :D I like the style of it, very cool format and presentation so far. There is a wittiness to it which I find really amusing.

A little late to the party I started watching Black Mirror. For this one I will say the hype is deserved, what a well made and unique anthology series. Really dark, satirical and perfectly executed. The episode Metalhead alone was worth it, that's the best Terminator movie never made. Fantastic envisioning of the possible dark paths the AI-technology/robotics developed by companies such as Boston Dynamics, could take in the future. The episode really manages to capture the sensation of fear that an almost unstopple foe did in Terminator 1 and 2. Something which sadly the latest entries in the Terminator franchise didn't do well at all.

• 7 months later...

Watching American Horror Story 1984. Love the 80's aesthetics and Dark Synthwave music in it :) And also the humor. Funny horror!

• 1 month later...

Rick and Morty.. Omg soo good! I was a bit late on it, but yeah really the best animated adult show out there. I loooove the psychedelic touches. The god-tier humour, and the character dynamics is well yeah dynamic. :D