Released: 09 Jul 2009

Genre: Electronic

Style: Psy-Trance, Goa Trance

Tracklist:

1. Psychedelic Valley (feat. Silvie P.)

2. Goan's Land

3. As Ias Is

4. Walking On The Other Side

5. Infant Galaxy (feat. Anastasia Alexiou)

6. Fantapsy Trip

7. Strawberry Tale

8. Chasing Colorful Spheres (feat. Anna A.)

9. Wonderful Times (feat. Silvie P.)

10. Without Destination

11. Morning Starlight

12. Adolescent Meditations

Time of Goa trance music slowly returned from the forgotten sound of outdated music. As for me, termin "outdated music" does not exist but lately we can hear it very often. Of course, developing of mention style is not near of early conception but its in very good level. One of artists that keeps Goa Trance alive is well known producer from Greece, mister Dimitrios Pouranis from Omegahertz project and owner of trance label ELXIS DiscoGraphic.

The topic of my today's review is the debut music album of Omegahertz project under the name "Anamorfoplasis", which came out for the above mentioned label. Admirers of his sound, before everything, remember the extraordinary piece that was released for also Greek label, Unicorn Music, in colaboration with serbian Goasia project on collab album "Pure Planet vol. 2 and a series of compilations that occurred prior to this realization. Trust that he earned with earlier work justified with this release which is carefully arranged. Up to 12 tracks presented in collaboration with many friends and colleagues.

Carefully observing CD cover, I came to the conclusion that in creation of this album participated truly impressive number of people. Bunch of the track are vocal characters, which can be classified into a kind of innovation Goa Trance sound. Regardless of that I'm absolutely not into such a combination, anyway that dosen't mean I'm not support any kind of expression that the artist wants to show. Although that bassline is newer date, rest of elements breathed spirit of old School trance to this tracks. By the way a new approach to bassline and the track arrangement is a great trick to approximate the old sound of the new generations. Some poeple would say that it is one kind of fullon sound, but certainly that would not be completely true, because in this style, mentioned bassline runs through totally softer touch of the fullon and still gives the energy of the rhythm. Once again, no matter on filters that are consistent with the arrangement today's psychedelic dance music, melodious justifies name of stily that the project preferred. I would mention a moment of combining various ethnic instruments like flutes, timpans, bells, tambourines and other strings. Very interesting combination and I believe that would also reflect on the audience during live performance. Of course, we can not avoiding inevitable acid lines modulated at TB303 and similar synthesizers. A very interesting item at this project is, even after album listening, could easily conclude that the artist approached the whole story with a huge dose of enthusiasm. My personal favorite is the track on position 4 under the name "Walking On The Other Side".

Regards to Dimitrios and all the best in future

Lara

http://www.soundmute-recordings.com

• 6 years later...

p8lT81h.gif

Look I realize that whoever Lara was that English was probably her second or third (very jealous here) language, but it was a little tough to make it through that. Let's be clear. The latest release from Omegahertz (Dimitrios Pouranis) Stax (review by yours truly) for me is the pinnacle of his catalog. This was his debut which is approaching 7 years old and like our friend above says it's a whole bunch of meh. Average in pretty much every measurable way. A time black hole if you will. This debut will not leave an indelible mark on the long history of psytrance. More like a stripe among many other stripes on the psychedelic highway. With the tongue twisting Anamorfoplasis we are miles away from the psychedelic and sizzling Stax. The bass lines are full on to the core and any nod towards goa trance is purely coincidental. Nothing here to challenge the mind and to be honest my finger was hovering over the skip button for most of the album.

At times it had that Greek sound yet there wasn't a lot of meat on the bone and by the time I finally got through it I was annoyed. So I can recommend this for completionists and immediate family members. But don't try to push this crap on your cousins. They know secrets.

Psyshop