3. FREEZE The Sniper
4. KARMA CROP (SIDHARTHA VS KHOPAT) Fractal Overdrive
5. HYPERACTIVE VS Z3RO Another World
6. KHOPAT VS GEKO Ultimate Weapon
7. HUJABOY Peaks
8. SUPERCELL Airmass Moving
9. BRAINWASH Boom Shankar
10.THE PHAT KATZ (NEUROMOTOR VS COSMOCHAOS) Massive Dynamic

Swiss label Fractal Records brings us the third installment in their popular Fractal Energy series. The first two were quite good with some very talented artists. The cover is a very intense red color and has some type of fractal shape in the center. There is no mistake in what type of music you are getting. I'm just going to give some comments about the tracks you are about to hear, should sum it up quite nicely.

CPU should just join IM already. Jeez, what a load of crap. What the hell happened to this guy? I am totally convinced that Computer Error must've been made by someone else.

Freeze, good track with the exception of the buildup which seemed to last for 47 minutes...

Sidhartha's music has always been acid laden power trance and this is no exception. Unfortunately it lacks individuality and doesn't seem to have any direction but straight ahead. He has done waaaayyy better than this.

"Another World" drips with acid and is one of the better tracks on the album. Not all that elaborate, but I'm a sucker for those sounds.

The Hujaboy track wasn't anything special until halfway through and it took off becoming a hard, thumping romp.

Supercell...meh.

If you can make it through the first minute and a half of Boom Shankar you're a better person than I am. C'mon people, this crap isn't necessary.

The Phat Katz...really. Sigh. Aka, subpar effort supplied here.

As you can plainly tell I was less than impressed with this release. It is crap like this that makes me stop buying psytrance CD's and move on over to Downtempo and Progressive trance. This is just more run of the mill average full-on. The first Saw movie was good but it was a steep descent after that. Sure it has some nice effects sprinkled here and there, but there is no storytelling or direction. Take several long buildups, sprinkle with unimaginative basslines, and then just a touch of originality. This is what you get. Run right past this release.

Psyshoppage

Mdk