2. Holding Back INNER STATE

3. Thrilled Version 2 BBE VS MOTION DRIVE

4. Information I.S.Y. ODISEO

5. Back Together (Klopfgeister rmx) TIME IN MOTION

6. Alive SENSE

7. Mind Expander (Solano rmx) AUDIOMATIC

8. Limited Velocity EMOTIVE

9. Traditional ways of healing INFINITY AND MEANDER

Iono music has impressed me with the amount of quality progressive trance they release. I've only delved into a few artist albums, but the compilations I have heard (and reviewed) give a good sampling of styles and have been way above average. This effort was compiled by General Juice. Really? Was it produced by Captain Crunch? Was Colonel Sanders responsible for the artwork? Don't mind me, I'm just having a little fun. Here we get 9 tracks by some of the biggest names of the genre. The artwork is of a tree under a beautiful crimson sky. I don't know why those geometric shapes are in front of the tree, but they seem a bit unnecessary. Still, a pretty cover.

So what've we got? Very spacious, atmospheric progressive trance. The kind where you can put on your headphones and imagine you're somewhere else. The melodies float provocatively over the simple basslines as effects cascade on the ears. This would be the definition of great flow to the tracks. Of note, Timedrained's track "Sacha." Sure it clocks in at almost 12 minutes, but it is so smooth you'll ask yourself where the time went. "Information I.S.Y." has that same Devil's Advocate sample we have all heard, but it is presented so well that it seems brand new. The Klopfgeister remix is very deliberate and moves very fluidly. This is a very solid CD and comes highly recommended.

Psyshoppage

Mdk

hah I remember getting this a few months ago since psyshop was all over it, with people claiming it to be one of the best albums of the summer, full with tracks from "the best artists of the moment". Maaan how dissapointed I was, this was so weak that it made me lose interest in psytrance completely for a few months (only now am I slowly getting back into the game). I didn't even consider this worthy of a review but since someone else already posted one here, I might as well give my comments too. Major thumbs down from me... 1/5