What do you like best about psy?

psybuyer

For me it is deep hypnotic tracks with slowly and intelligently evolving soundscapes, often with an edge of melancholy or darkness to it. I love the acid sound too, but only when it's used well.

What's your favorite subgenre? My favorite is goa, and I rarely hear any hint of melancholy or darkness in goa. But of course I believe that a listener's perception of a song has little to do with the artist's intention.

What's your favorite subgenre? My favorite is goa, and I rarely hear any hint of melancholy or darkness in goa. But of course I believe that a listener's perception of a song has little to do with the artist's intention.

I think most good goa trance has ups and downs, not just trying to be complete euphoria. Dimension 5, Pleidians, Chi-AD, etc. Music that tries to be just happy is very superficial sounding crap, and some goa is that too.

I think most good goa trance has ups and downs, not just trying to be complete euphoria.

Yes, but there's a difference between emotional dynamic and melancholy or darkness. There's good psy that is melancholy or dark but as I said I've rarely heard goa that is either. To me, goa tends to be ecstatic. Not euphoric, but ecstatic. Then again, there's tons I haven't heard.

The melodic style of:

Hallucinogen

Astral Projection

Cosmosis

Transwave

Etnica

Often inspired by italo disco and ethnic eastern music. Also I like powerful kicks and bass grooves. I rarely like meandering (as in lazy placeholder "soundscapes") and very much like sounds that dynamically interfere with each other to create something greater than the sum of parts.

Its the best when im driving to work , working out in the gym or jogging.

Mostly listen to hard South African style and tech trance these days.

there is so much power attached to this music!

viva la psychedelic

You mostly get twilight and full-on down here, so I haven't danced to Goa yet. I love the mad, ripping twi basslines and driving synths. Psy means I can totally let go ;)