2. The Source MOTION DRIVE

3. Terrestrial C-JAY AND SHYLOCK

4. Vice OCEAN

5. Stereotype PION

6. Light JAY SELWAY

7. Lennart's Legion SOLID SNAKE

8. Swing King (Motion Drive rmx) PHAXE

9. Blind SQL

As I mentioned before, I am on a bit of an Iono music kick so a lot of my reviews are going to be their releases. This one was complied by Motion Drive (Philip Guillaume from Switzerland) and he has released tracks on many compilations. This was released in August and the cover suits the music perfectly. Late afternoon orange sun, the beach, soaring seagulls...it's all there. It makes me want to pull up a chair in the sand and let my toes rest in the waves.

But what about the music? Most of the artists I don't recognize, but that doesn't matter. You will hear that sustained wobbly bass that I first noticed on the D-Nox and Beckers album. It is heavy on groove but also deep on layers. There are synths and rolling arpeggios to distract the mind in seemingly every track. "Terrestrial" was so silky smooth with a spacious sounding break. Ocean's "Vice" is a massive stomper in a just got off work with my paycheck hitting the beach party kind of way. "Blind" with its heavy shuffling bass and "love is blind" sample is a great way to end on a high note.

This CD was an enjoyable ride through a sun soaked paradise. Summer music never sounded so grand and this had me wishing there was a beer in my hand as I strolled down the beach. There is no darkness here, only light peppered with copious amounts of groove to move. Highly recommended.

Beatspace

Mdk