Trance2MoveU

Posted Image

Vibraddict - Mental Collapse

Blitz Music

October, 2009

1. VIBRADDICT - Go Away

2. VIBRADDICT - Electro Punch

3. VIBRADDICT - Brain Damage

4. MEKKANIKKA - Zowanagor (Vibraddict rmx)

5. VIBRADDICT AND SYCMOS - Freedom

6. VIBRADDICT - The Club

7. 220 VOLTS - Friday (Vibraddict rmx)

8. VIBRADDICT - Mental Collapse

9. VIBRADDICT - Let's Rock rmx

This is Blitz Music's 2nd release as far as I know. I didn't catch the first one, but I am somewhat familiar with Vibraddict's music. He is from Portugal and has appeared on several compilations with some good work. He is definitely in the full on category, but I have enjoyed his earlier stuff. Super powerful and isn't that the definition of Portuguese psytrance?

The cover shows a mask with wires shooting through the openings. The colors are vibrant and I even like the font. And that's where the fun stops. First off, there is way too much going on. The pace is frenetic and I feel like this music is yelling at me. This is very aggressive with intense buildups, stops and starts as well as laden with bad chopped up samples. Pretty much everything I hate about psytrance. And the whole disc is like this. Absolutely no flow whatsoever. Music like this might suit the club trancers, but any psytrance purist would annihilate this. I'm trying to find any positives (because I don't want to be negative all the time), but realistically there aren't any. Even when I began to enjoy a track, the huge buildups killed any momentum it may have had. So I suppose I will end my review like this: IF you are looking for a deep, energy laden, meaningful musical experience walk right past this. If, however you are in need of a coaster for your beer, this cannot be beat.

Psyshoppage

Mdk

• 1 month later...

for sure it is high energy release and it has many nice features when it comes to sound - it is fat, bold and vibrating enough; there are also strong moments about beatbase - pumping & jumping with a support of rolling bassline - here i realy have smth to enjoy. but all these are ruined by the flow and structure. it is simply hard to listen when it stops & starts so many times every fucking minute. hey guy you realy need to try to dance to your music and you'll understand what im talking about. maybe it is funny for smb to hear all these tempo exercises at home but we realy should to remember that psy is all about parties and dancing cause even when you just walking with your headphones you're trying to be at the party mentally. some artists realy have to think more about listeners!

• 4 months later...

Is this smoothly flowing, melodic trance? No

Is this dance music? No

Is this a great, high energy album? Yes

There's a lot of good music being produced these days by Vibraddict, Sidhartha, Alienn, and the other members of the Portuguese music scene.