stryder - gates to goa

frozen dream

Split-Files or Single File  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Would you prefer split-files for the mixed tracks or one single long file?

Heh, rghost..

Tracklist looks good, will take a listen!

And for single file or split files, I have no idea, I've only heard single file mixes till now.

Edit: Hm I like this split approach, it's not a hassle to find out who's track which was lol

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't listened to the mix, but I'll comment on the file question.

I used to do my mixes split but now I have stopped doing so.

I do this to give tracks one extra layer of protection before they can be cutout and traded.

Where there is a will, there is a way, but I do my best to at least limit the ease of piracy.

Also, the idea of a DJ mix is to promote yourself and the music of the artists. If people want to skip ahead in a mix and hear a specific track, they should just go buy that track and album. Then they can listen to it whenever they choose.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

i was referring to this little piece of text from my myspace blog:

here's a collection of tracks from back in the day when goa trance was still a new thing. These are truly the first songs that i heard as a youngster and tripped to with my friend on the car stereo and made me start dj'ing and listening psytrance!

Many of these tracks i had under a wrong or even totally false name and now after many (8) years of exploring all kinds of music and buying hundreds of cds i end up collecting mostly oldschool goa and come across these tracks again. i was brooding on this mix for quite a while and couldn't find a name for it, and then i see the gates to goa party announcement on psynews in september (on which i am playing in februari in germany) and along with the hdr photograph of Jogjakarta i saw in june used as a cover picture here the picture is complete,

Welcome To The Gates to Goa!!!

so no i didn't choose these songs :P i didn't even choose the tracklisting lol, i tracklisted them in order of discovery :P i still got that first cd-r with lots of slipknot tracks and only acid killer and ionized on it!

only one track is truly missing though, since i still don't know the real name. I'm betting it's one of jack stephenson's countless projects. (the track mantra - sitar is done by him) maybe someone on here knows the real name? anyway its too repetitive and dull for me now :P

http-~~-//www.youtube.c...h?v=q06Ckvx7-5g