Shpongle - Ineffable Mysteries From Shpongleland

simorq

It's sounds like the previous shpongle album(nothing last), so why should this be a hallucinogen release, its not 4/4!

The album Should be a younger brother?!?! well, prometheus has done nothing on this album, so obviosly, it can not be a younger brother album, its SO ridiculous to say that

Forget the old shamanic style of AYS, get over it, you blast a amazing album, one of the best of the 2000's, because it doesnt sound like the previous? Innefable is amazing, and in 25 years, it will still be. Yes AYS is a little bit better, but DAMN, this is still incredible. Anyways, enjoy!!!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The album Should be a younger brother?!?! well, prometheus has done nothing on this album, so obviosly, it can not be a younger brother album, its SO ridiculous to say that

well.. i think you can definitely hear how si's work with benji has influenced him and i think there are parts in this album that remind of younger brother. i believe that this might come from the use of analog instruments. so i can understand how people think that it might sound a bit younger brother'ish but then again.. why not, it still got its shpongley style to it... and in my opinion it IS deeper than you may think in the beginning, it just needs some more intensive listening and then you will find the many melodies and sounds and glitches that surround the main-stream of the tracks - i am still deeply in love with it =)

well.. i think you can definitely hear how si's work with benji has influenced him and i think there are parts in this album that remind of younger brother. i believe that this might come from the use of analog instruments. so i can understand how people think that it might sound a bit younger brother'ish but then again.. why not, it still got its shpongley style to it... and in my opinion it IS deeper than you may think in the beginning, it just needs some more intensive listening and then you will find the many melodies and sounds and glitches that surround the main-stream of the tracks - i am still deeply in love with it =)

I know, its really deep! But posford always worked with analog synth. And maybe its only posford wanting to go more musically, but yet and still pretty psychadelic. The more i listen to it, the more i like it, in fact, this album is now better than tales of the inexpressible, almost in equality with twisted. Posford has been incroyable on this almbum imo

This has been on heavy rotation for more than a week now, and it's getting better. At first it was okay dishwashing music, then it became a Sit-down-and-listen-to-it. Nowadays I'm listening to it on the go, which is a good sign...I only listen to records that are really good when on the way, music that really distracts from the ruckus going on beyond the train windows. So far so good. I'll make an update.

I can already say with certainty though: Electroplasm is awesome. Love the 7/8, great time signature indeed. And the sitar. And Invisible Man in a Fluorescent Suit: Simply brilliant.

What I don't like: Some of Raja's talking is simply displaced. For example I Am You. I don't get it at all. This tune has a theme, as exposed by the lyrics. Hence I don't get those samples like "what would my granny say" or something in that vein. Totally inconsistent, senseless. I kinda like that specific track nevertheless.

This has been on heavy rotation for more than a week now, and it's getting better. At first it was okay dishwashing music, then it became a Sit-down-and-listen-to-itNowadays

I'm listening to it on the go, which is a good sign...I only listen to records that are really good when on the way, music that really distracts from the ruckus going on beyond the train windows. So far so good. I'll make an update.

I can already say with certainty though: Electroplasm is awesome. Love the 7/8, great time signature indeed. And the sitar. And Invisible Man in a Fluorescent Suit: Simply brilliant.

What I don't like: Some of Raja's talking is simply displaced. For example I Am You. I don't get it at all. This tune has a theme, as exposed by the lyrics. Hence I don't get those samples like "what would my granny say" or something in that vein. Totally inconsistent, senseless. I kinda like that specific track nevertheless.

same thing for me, first 2-3 days, i didn't find it that good, then it became an album too lay down and concentrate

yes, exactly, and now, i surprise myself wanted to listen to ineffable mysteries on my bike on my way to school!! normally i listen a little bit of rock music stuff, because electronica can't get my attention enough.

But this album

fits perfectly on riding my bike to school. Imagine going downhill with the beginning of Invisible Man In A Fluorescent Suit, CRAZY

i agree, sometimes, its unnecessary to put voice, but i guess that posford really like to play and tweak with voices, so he see some vocal's

more like an instruments,a part of the song, like a special effect other then only being samples. Still, there's a little bit too much

talking in the album, my opinion is that posford has a lot of fun doing voice tweaking, it's he's thing, Posford style, or signature if you know what i mean...

one thing I noticed is that i'm amazed by the orders of the song, and i feel that after the first song, the second song is better than the first song, then the third is better than the second song, etc, when listening the album in a whole, and after 5 song of that, i realize that this album is a big one from posford. One of the best album from Simon? maybe!!!!!!!!!!! :unsure::o:lol:

This album disappointed me on the first few listened... I keep hearing bits of DMT mixed in there so it seems unoriginal, and I consider the lyrics cheesy... we speak Shpongelese just seemed like a mess.

IMO Shpongle have got worse every album, even though others disagree. Are You Shpongled was an ambient masterpiece that makes my top 5 albums every time - the other two have good portions but noting like the classic that AYS? was!

Anyway I'll listen to it more, see if my opinion changes!

I'm gonna have to say I agree with this. Although there were some really nice parts on the second album.

Little more hesistant about this now, sigh.

I'm gonna have to say I agree with this. Although there were some really nice parts on the second album.

Little more hesistant about this now, sigh.

This is exactly where I stand on this album:

Listened to the entirety of it on a walk the other day. Some nice parts. Then listened to Shpongle Falls and was completely blown away by its depth and what it did to my mind.

The new album doesn't do this.

its still the best you can get in psychill. so yes, its still the best. and every other psy artist, i know that i can say that they NEVER even come close to shpongle falls. At least posford always come close, but yes, shpongle falls is my favorite song of all time, and it kind of discusting me what you say. Everyone still loved Bob Dylan, even if he only did one along the watchtower. An artist evolve, you are surely not one if i base on what you say there. I mean, if the album sucked, it would be another story, but innefable is just a masterpiece, the best from him since his AYS, whats left to say? I was the first to be sceptic with this one, but after a few listen, i have nothing negative to say.

Try to answer this question: name me a better song than I am you this year?

Although I did not really like the album at first, it took a few listens to discover the beauty. It now is the best Shpongle album out there I think... Especially Invisible man, and shpongolese spoken here. I must control myself not to listen to it every day so I will not destroy the beauty ;)

Ordered it on twistedmusic.com, only 8 euro's, including shipping to the Netherlands. Well worth it!

There are 2 kinds of good music.

One, you will like at the first sight and you know you really enjoy it. However, the more you listen to it again and again, its magic lose the beauty and significance. This kind of music is basically attractive only on its surface. Consequently, you cannot find there something worth returning. There is not any magnetic force binding your mind to it.

By the second, you are actually not sure if it is really good or not, but you definitely know that you have to give it a second chance. After some deeper listening sessions, you realize that this music is really something special, something unique. The playtime of the whole CD seems now too short. The more you sink into it, the more it opens your mind, explore the rich subconsciousness and enhance your sense of (self)realizing. After that, you are aware, that you have just experienced a part of history-treasure of mindblowing god-blessed piece of art.

I'm buying more copies of this thing. Period. ॐ

Solar Fields - Discovering.

'Nuff said.

Love that track! although its a very different style so It can't be compared.

After listening to this album many time over... gotta say, I'm quite disappointed. It's not shpongle anymore... its something else.

after a few listens I'm liking this album. What I'm missing are some really catchy melodies or vocal parts with a certain energy that were there on the first 2 albums, but aren't on the last two! The newest albums may be a smoother listening experience, but there are no special peaks. more like a steady flowing stream of water. in the first 2 the stream had a waterfall now and then, and some rapids :rolleyes:

I finally had a couple of hours to my complete self, so I gave the CD a spin after having it lying around for more than a week. I wanted to give it full attention. I liked a *lot*. It has layers, it is food for thought and awe, it is beautiful, groovy and even entertaining!

So my first listen leaves me very impressed. Even more so, because when I "came to" I realized I accidently played the whole thing in MONO! How could I have not noticed...?!? Yeah, apparently it is that good.

Enjoy!

- A

Love that track! although its a very different style so It can't be compared.

After listening to this album many time over... gotta say, I'm quite disappointed. It's not shpongle anymore... its something else.

You know, they warned us on the last album. Nothing lasts, everything changes into something else, everything is on track, but nothing is lost :) Now they can say they warned us!

You know, they warned us on the last album. Nothing lasts, everything changes into something else, everything is on track, but nothing is lost :) Now they can say they warned us!

Agreed.

I finally had a couple of hours to my complete self, so I gave the CD a spin after having it lying around for more than a week. I wanted to give it full attention. I liked a *lot*. It has layers, it is food for thought and awe, it is beautiful, groovy and even entertaining!

So my first listen leaves me very impressed. Even more so, because when I "came to" I realized I accidently played the whole thing in MONO! How could I have not noticed...?!? Yeah, apparently it is that good.

Enjoy!

- A

In mono!? I would've thought this album would have made that readily apparent to you. :P

I think this album was kick ass

fav's were 2,4,6,8

1 and 3 I liked too

for these people who saying its not as good as their first album

well what the hell do you expect man

AYS was a timeless masterpiece, no one will ever top that

but you cant say an album is bad becuase you expect it to be perfect

It's a different album

listen to it for what it is, don't hold it to a standard of the prevois 3 albums

you'll never really enjoy musical works if you only compare them to other works of music

In mono!? I would've thought this album would have made that readily apparent to you. :P

Well yes... And no apparently. I was so careful to set up everything nicely. The good soundcard, the good headphones, the good chair carried into the room with the best vibes... And then - I forgot that the soundcard inputs were both panned center. Do'h. I was so focused that now was the time, and everything was great - well except one of the most important aspects, of course. Ah well - I have another great experience in store with the same album then :)