Your top 2009 album recommendations

Jon Cocco

These would be my top picks for the year:

Bodhisattva 13:20 - Equations (Dark)

Hedonix - Order Out of Chaos (Dark/Prog)

Kraft - Mysteries of the Sacred Universe (Dark)

Terrafractyl - Chrysalis (Full)

Tron - Biologic (Full)

Yagya - Rigning (Dubtech)

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously now, as far as psy trance goes, nothing topped "V/A People Walk Funny" for me this year.

That guys who runs the label, I want him to come down to Zagreb and pay him a beer or two. Then I'd shoot him, because his compilation is good enough that it has left me with virtually nothing to bitch about. Which is a shame.

Joke. Massive respect for that release, though. I haven't felt that good about a psy trance orientated release since Twist Dreams dropped some years down the line. That one was a clear step above their debut "V/A Freshly Cut Tomato", so I guess only time will tell if they can out match the sophmore release now...

Seriously now, as far as psy trance goes, nothing topped "V/A People Walk Funny" for me this year.

That guys who runs the label, I want him to come down to Zagreb and pay him a beer or two. Then I'd shoot him, because his compilation is good enough that it has left me with virtually nothing to bitch about. Which is a shame.

Joke. Massive respect for that release, though. I haven't felt that good about a psy trance orientated release since Twist Dreams dropped some years down the line. That one was a clear step above their debut "V/A Freshly Cut Tomato", so I guess only time will tell if they can out match the sophmore release now...

+1

Actually, it was because of your very positive review here that I checked it, and liked it. On my to-buy list.

Artha - Sanjasin is one of the best Goa tracks I heard this year.

Hi everyone

Well, I'm not really able to choose one or two favourite albums, but so far the biggest impression made:

CPC - Subliminal Messages

Filteria - Daze Of Our Lives

Afgin - Astral Experiences

Atriohm and Encephalopaticys - Ukalen

Arsenic - Arithmetix

Enichkin - In Memory Of Love

Fragletrollet - Playground Of Spirit

Ghreg On Earth - T3

Psychoz - 2012 No Return

Kraft - The Mysteries Of The Sacred Universe

Silent Enemy - Diabolic

VA - Forest Frequencies

As you can see, it's rather darker stuff:) Except Filteria and Afgin of course. But I didn't have opportunity to listen to many things which, I heard, kick ass.

As you can see, it's rather darker stuff:) Except Filteria and Afgin of course. But I didn't have opportunity to listen to many things which, I heard, kick ass.

2009 was definitely a good year for Dark Psy! Enichkin, Fragletrollet, Kraft, Psykovsky...

2009 year was definitely a good year for Dark Psy! Enichkin, Fragletrollet, Kraft, Psykovsky...

I've forgotten about Psykovsky's Da Budet! It's totally crazy album... Reminds of Osom project from him and Kindzadza.

• 3 weeks later...

Uptempo:

Hedonix - "Order out of Chaos" - masterpiece of zany psytrance/progressive - get this one for sure if you don't have it! - the sort of album where the tracks sound better each time I hear them..

Downtempo:

Solar Fields - "Movements" - yea!

Shpongle - "Ineffable Mysteries" - only heard this once but I like it..

Yggdrasil - "Prose Edda" - This is M.E.E.O.'s downtempo project so you know it's got creativity - I need to give this more listens, its very complex and dense music.. A couple of the tracks I think are killer, no doubt about it - have a feeling it will grow on me over time..

Easily Embarrased - "Planet Discovery" - not too complex but very nice electro-space symphony downtempo.. Some nice melodies and moods..

-----------

I can't find the Ambientium - "Fractal Philosophy" album anywhere - can someone help me?

Also, given I love the Hedonix album, and love the late 90's/early 2000's psytrance like X-Dream "Radio", Hux FLux, Hallucinogen, Logic Bomb, Sandman - can anyone recommend me another uptempo release this year?