Chillbase.org

ChillBase

CHILLBASE.ORG - GLOBAL CHILLOUT COMMUNITY

Every once in a while we all need to take some time to slow down a bit, to look around, become aware, enjoy the moment and simply be. So, we dedicate this portal to all lovers of the chill mood, gatherings and sound vibrations.

For a long time there was an idea of a portal like this and finally in the summer of 2009, when two like-minded people met, it became clear that the time for the realization has come. Although the portal is mainly musically oriented, our goal is to join all the activities regarding the chill culture.

You will find all necessary things in one place... labels, artists, releases, interviews, reviews, interesting articles and much much more..

The portal is still in its beta phase though, meaning we are still working on it as the idea is to build it supplementary with your comments with the goal of creating the community to suit us all.

All your ideas/wishes/requests are more than welcome!

We personally started to fill in Chillbase databases (artists and labels) ourselves but would like to invite you all to get involved and contribute to it!

Also, upload your DJ sets, add your events, submit your reviews..

We're looking forward to meet you!

http://www.chillbase.org

P.S. if you feel like this post is spam... what can i say.. sorry? <_<:DB)

• 3 weeks later...

Those five thousand bouncing flash/gif banners all over the front page give me seizures. Not very chilly.

I'm not a fan of cramming everything and the kitchen sink on the front page. Portals died already in the 90s. See google.com for an interface people really want.

No comments about the content. I didn't get that far.

While I don't primarily write chill music and I'm not on any label, I do have a downtempo album. Would it be okay to add myself?

White label releases haven't even come up yet, let me discuss it with Igor and see how he wants to go about it and I'll get back to you here. I'm sure it will be no problem though as long as you link to where the album can be downloaded.

I'm not trolling, your site really sucks. Sorry about that. If it ever takes off I'll eat my shoe. It's a lot worse than myspace and facebook which are already shitty. This particular social networking site doesn't even have anything to do with people you know, it's a whack load of people that listen to similar genres of music as you. :rolleyes:

The main reason your site is going to fail is because mainly intelligent people listen to chillout music, and these people, who are often even reclusive, don't waste their time on stupid social networking websites.

@ verachor, we are going to do white label releases, which means you can put your release and yourself on the site, and we have a free content section in the works where we will store free releases, and will be having exclusive releases starting with The Lauge & Baba Gnohm.

I'll build the white label page right now, just put that as your release label.

• 3 months later...