Concept albums/comps...

So, what concept albums/comps are there?...

From the top of my head:

Talamasca - Zodiac [Each track is named after a zodiaz sign...]

1200 Mics - 1200 Mics [Each track is named after a drug...]

V/A - Twelve [Each track is constructed from a certain musical tone...]

Mystery/Secret Of The 13 Crystal Skulls [Each track is a revelation...]

Intact Instinct - Supply From Below [The track names has same starting letters: When Woodworm Works Worse, Multi Mutoid Mosquito Miasma, etc... ]

V/A - Mystery Of The Yeti 1&2 [Continuous journey thru the tracks...]

What else!?

DeathPosture

Guest Towelie

sorry but i find that very silly...the "concept" is only in the track names not in the music..atleast in the 1200 mics which is the worst album i,v heard

Guest homsy

Trancelucent Productions/Ambrosia - Empty Hand CD - TP001

Tracklist:

1. Intro Ambrosia - W&P by Guy Rottem.

Ambrosia means the beverage of the gods. It has been related from ancient times that when one drinks it, one understands the meaning of existence. It is said that the number of those who have been able to

find the spring of the beverage of the gods is very small, but it is said that the number of those who have found it and can consciously talk about it is even smaller.

2. Perplex - Fluffy Cloud (groove Mix) - W & P by Ronen Dahan.

Translation: Love and a cough cannot be hidden.

Meaning: Love conquers all.

3. Molecular - Waking up - W & P by Arie Shilansky & Yaniv Haham @ Yants&Leo Studio.

Without "kata" there is no karate.

4. Misted Muppets - GoJu - W & P by Tal Hassidi & Dagan Israeli.

The teaching of GOUJUURYUU of course improves physical strength and techniques, but through them uplifts will power and spiritual vigor.

5. Side Effect - Kata - W & P by Yakir Ben-Tov.

Translation: Pleasure is the source of pain; pain is the source of pleasure.

Meaning: You have to take the rough with the smooth.

6. Alo Malo & Vortex - Distorted Reality - W & P by Alon Sharabi & Sagi Amir.

Translation: a dog that walls around will find a stick.

Meaning: never go looking for trouble or seek and ye shall find.

7. Misted Muppets - human beings - W & P by Tal Hassidi & Dagan Israeli.

Translation: An excellent dragon suffers hardship.

Meaning: The bigger they are, the harder they fall.

8. Maze - Ganymed - W&P by Guy Rotem.

Translation: You can`t get clams from a field.

Meaning: You can`t get blood from a stone.

9. Evil Drug Lords - The more things change the more they stay the same - W&P by Guy Youngman & Dudu Atrash.

Translation: a boy living near a Buddhist temple can learn an untaught sutra by heart.

Meaning: Experience is the best teacher.

10. Maze - The Final Ki-ay* - W&P by Guy Rotem

Technique and heart:

Without essence and heart, karate is simply gymnastics.

Total length: 77:26

*Ki -stands for Mind, Spirit, Energy, vital force, Intention.

*Ki-ay is a shout delivered for the purpose of focusing all of ones energy into a single movement.

Damion Brown - www.psyreviews.com

I know we’re a bit late on this one, but it’s certainly been worth the wait. This beautifully packaged CD is a sheer delight from start to finish, and has something for everybody. The Antidote kicks things off with Analog Activity, and suitably there’s a lot of activity and a fair old portion of it’s analog. It just builds and builds, a great way to kick the album off, and proving that the full psychedelic twist can still move in mysterious and sublime ways. Synthetic’s Beat Machine is a laid-back and brooding little number, and Saiko Pod’s Sashitarian is a blissfully perky ray of tranceshine. The melody is simple and well-developed, the production is amazing, and its groove is first class psyberfunk. Trotskist from Yumade is a moody and tecchish trailblazer, and Stereo Tonine from Bio-Tonic is half-progressive, half-psychedelic, and all-chunky. The tight rhythm section provides the backbone for some diverse samples and melodies to phase in and out in a tickly and fun way. The Red Dragon from GMS is, surprise surprise, insane full on stuff from the Ibiza-based mayhem merchants, making full ue of their trademark metallic growls, a characteristically manic acid-led break, and more rude attitude than Uraguay’s tackles. Alien Project Vs Orion step in with Stoned Bambin, a tune with so much energy it could fuel a city in the winter. The break is a staggeringly well-crafted buildup of sounds, and it evolves into a noisy and energetic finale – proper job. The gradual and understated return of Total Eclipse continues with Eleusis, complete with trademark boingy acid lines, and sounding like something was frozen in 1997 and has just been thawed out with awesome 21st century kick. This is a huge tune folks, likely to do the business on a lot of dancefloors this summer. Antidote Vs Synthetic’s La Piedra Escondida is perhaps one of the tastiest collaborations in recent months and if twisty bass, rampant acid and solid kick is your bag (and trust me, it is) then this certainly delivers. Building up to a comfortable proggy break, it starts up again with added snarl, gorgeously layered melodies and a full on acid finale. And if that wasn’t enough, El Presagio from The Good, The Bad and The Ugly closes the album on a dark and funky tip, less manic than some of their other output but still maintaining a quality and high-octane feel. This is a truly smashing compilation – the production is superb, the spirit is beautiful and the music is some of the finest around at the moment. I’m going on holiday next week – and this is coming with me. 4/5

Guest Taika-Kim

And hey, the old Joking Sphinx album from POF of course! I don't remember the French name though, in English it was something like "Al Hezou In search of the banana pyramid"?

Hah! pulp trance ;) (hmm... not too many good tracks on that album, though...)

• 13 years later...

The Mystery of the Thirteen Crystal Skulls

The Secret of the Thirteen Crystal Skulls

These two tip compilations were great.

I think a lot of albums and even comps have a concept behind them, even if it's not obvious. The concept helps it flow and feel like a journey so I feel that albums/comps with a great flow probably have an underlying concept.

The eclipse comps on Flying Rhino Freestyle spring to mind as conceptual albums that didn't throw the concept in your face.

Every album has a basic concept around which its built, but there are those that make the story the primary goal. I like to call this albums "novels"

Every album has a basic concept around which its built, but there are those that make the story the primary goal. I like to call this albums "novels"

What a......novel idea :lol:

I'll show myself out :unsure:

• Like 1