What's your favourite Tool album?

Sawfly

17 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favourite Tool album?

• Undertow
    • Ænima
    • Lateralus
    • 10,000 Days

Overall, Lateralus. Must have played it at least a thousand times.

For nostalgic value Aenima sits higher as it helped get me through the last 2 years of high school back when it was released.

I love both 10,000 days and Undertow. I've over-listened all of them way way way too much though. Haven't played them in a few years because of this.

There's supposedly a new album in the works.

A little off-topic but I'm a big fan of Alex Grey's artwork also and have got 2 of his books in hardcover with a "special" case.

Jon

I own the three last releases (Ænima, Lateralus and 10.000 Days).

I love Ænima because it was my first listening experience of Tool.

Lateralus feel like a better album and they are going away from their Opiat/Undertow days of harder progressive rock and defiently enetering the more spiritual influences with well made music.

In 10.000 Days they have made the transission and become more complete then ever imo. I have also shroomed to this album and it wowed me a lot.

my Vote goes to 10.000 Days though my first reaction was Ænima then headed against Lateralus because its much more complete.

In 10.000 Days they have made the transission and become more complete then ever imo. I have also shroomed to this album and it wowed me a lot.

I've only tried Lateralus on acid and it was an great experience B)

I've only tried Lateralus on acid and it was an great experience B)

thats not 'only' B)

a* in my quoted text it sais complete, i ment (um) ,,spiritual" in their sound.

10.000 days just for Vicarious, Jambi, The Pot and Right in Two.

Lateralus might be better as a whole though...

for some reason i didnt find the pot to be that great even thougb in all fairness it Is Great. it feels right after the struggling emotional ride of the 10.000 days /wings) journey though,.. strong music

i heard that 10 000 is the days his mother struggled with cancer before passing away

Gods, I don't know which one is my favorite. They're all good in their own ways.

Indeed, it's like choosing the best oldschool Astral album. I can't decide :P

One of the best bands still alive and definite the best in their genre. Saw them live twice, both quite an experience!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Their next one.....

What he said...definitly.

Now for the other 4 albums I don't really want to pick any. I remember their first EP Opiate was louder than a bomb when it was released in 1992. If you don't have it already then go buy it: Sweat, Hush ,Part of me, Cold & Ugly, Jerk-off, Opiate are classic Tool songs.

Through the years I've always enjoyed their latest offerings. Every new Tool release is like some sort of Shamanic ritual for me, definitely more than music, a bigger than live experience!!! and remember kids: two weeners for daddy an one iced pee for me :lol: