Peek at past

Telepatu

Hiya.

I was reading these forums already back when these were free.fr or so under different names (I never remember my passwords, although there werent any originally)... anyways, lotta people still hanging around. I was wondering if there has been happening anything in psy music in like 5 years or so, really havent been interested. Or is it still stuck on galloping bass at Formula race? Could somebody fill be a bit in? Don't feel like digging through gazillion onenotebassliners.

Oh, and where is Offtopic, the fruit and bread of the board?

Hiya.

I was reading these forums already back when these were free.fr or so under different names (I never remember my passwords, although there werent any originally)... anyways, lotta people still hanging around. I was wondering if there has been happening anything in psy music in like 5 years or so, really havent been interested. Or is it still stuck on galloping bass at Formula race? Could somebody fill be a bit in? Don't feel like digging through gazillion onenotebassliners.

Oh, and where is Offtopic, the fruit and bread of the board?

We are over that evil nasty shit and 1000 years reign of our Lord has become. Welcome to the world of peace and love

As for music see:

Deep and Futuristic Techno/TechTrance topic here and Dubstep in other electronica and some best of + Ultimae catalogue

The main portion of albums released these days are, what you call, galloping bass releases. Which, imo, doesn't mean it automagically makes an album bad. There are, altho they are few, artists out there how can make good galloping tracks. I know what I want and some "old" artists still deliver it, once in a while you come a cross new artists you like and bla bla bla... The Off topic has been removed.

FTP is that a replica of the antikythera mechanism?

No, It's http://en.wikipedia....ma_Orloj_en.png

Very personal issue for me, since one of my greatest master and teacher is from Czech republic. He taught me many forgotten arts until the astrology. Dispute was strange and even if I looked naive, I regard Descarte's advancement of science superior to the mythology and astrology. I thought that marriage of science and occult could result in higher transcendent state, where no astrology would be needed since the enhanced intuition and (in)direct exposure to archetypes would cover it all.

We are over that evil nasty shit and 1000 years reign of our Lord has become. Welcome to the world of peace and love 

As for music see:

Deep and Futuristic Techno/TechTrance topic here and Dubstep in other electronica and some best of + Ultimae catalogue

Ah, so the revolution finally came. As usual, I missed it. I'll check out the fruits, thank you. :)

The main portion of albums released these days are, what you call, galloping bass releases. Which, imo, doesn't mean it automagically makes an album bad. There are, altho they are few, artists out there how can make good galloping tracks. I know what I want and some "old" artists still deliver it, once in a while you come a cross new artists you like and bla bla bla... The Off topic has been removed.

That was not my point either. It's just that when I last checked out new psy releases there were so many alike releases that I got bored really fast, but no doubt that there are good artist, I just don't know them, and cuz' aren't in the "scene" don't have anyone to point them to me. That's why I'm asking.

Well the off topic admittedly became a bit of a farce, yes, but once there were really enjoyable discussions about essence of reality and mind. Nothing lasts I guess.

What are you asking exactly? You want suggestions of good artists?

I guess that'll do. I was wondering what is the current state of psychedelic trance music seen in its historical framework. Where has it evolved, what is the new thing right now, and yes, the artist that can be seen as bringing new stuff in rather that replicating the old. But I guess that'll be an essay so even slight help on where to look at is welcome. :)

_Oh, and of course those that are already classics of new era, but I guess I can find em at the Ultimate catalogue as soon as I find that one. :P

Developments in the scene for the last five years..?!

Well as I see it "darkpsy" has become more popular with many sub"genres" (forest, horror etc.) A big part of the full-on released has become even more generic and lost touch with anything even close to psychedelic trance, the same has happened with progressive trance. There are of course still quite a few artists that could be "categorized" in these boxes that still produce good music, obviuosly, but it's difficult to find it in the huge pile of released music. But try to search for threads in this forum for requests, it will help you a long way!

Goa is getting increasingly popular again (again, this is as I see it)... well the number of artists seems to be increasing, so its that's a good thing (if u like that kind of music :P). But there are many threads here with recommendations for different subgenres, go trough some of them and u should find some good stuff!

So what exactly differentiates forest trance from other styles of darkpsy?

Exact differences I yhink can be difficult to explain by words (since they tend to be perceived differently) and as u know music isn't language as such :P I have heard people also refer to it as Scandinavian psy (which imply the origin) since many artist who makes this comes from Scandinavia (or did anyways) and particularly Sweden (ex. Derango, Traskel, Donkey Shot, Makadam). But usually the sounds are more "wet" and chaotic, and more weird than dark. With wobbling bass-lines and alien melodies. Which differs from for examples "Russian" darkpsy (like old Kindzadza) which is more deep and pounding (and more straight-forward if u will?!). But again it's a lot easier to hear if u get some examples words are so limiting:

Forest:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=zyADAE_83Mw

Russian: