Sci-fi and Eastern Religious samples in goa/psy/chill music

psylover15

Absolutely, when used well they can be amazing. Hell sometimes (but not often) it's actually the expression of the voice in the quote that adds to the story not the words(sortof like good mcing, or when I listen to rap it tends to be about the expression rather than the words, and I hardly listen to any rap at all). e.g. bamboo forest-Cliche'h.

Sci-Fi is always good! Really good actually. Science fiction and space stuff.

I could do without the "religion" though.

"There is no religion. Only kindness." is what I have read in a cool book about buddhism lately.

If you present me something like that, then I'd like it...

But not the standard shanti shiva-ganesha-annapurna stuff :P

Most of the religious samples have to do with Hinduism. Unfortunately I don't know enough about it, but I think it is not all about love and peace and kindness. Worshipping gods is cool. Worshipping equality and love and kindness is pathetic. I think there is a romantic element too. Wouldn't it be cool to believe in something? To live in an cool sci-fi world?

I've been a fan of sci-fi movies since I was a kid watching on television so its natural I like samples that are from sci-fi movies.

A lot of psytrance sounds fit with the theme of spacey sci-fi or futuristic stuff so the samples work (when not overdone).

Most of the religious samples have to do with Hinduism. Unfortunately I don't know enough about it, but I think it is not all about love and peace and kindness. Worshipping gods is cool. Worshipping equality and love and kindness is pathetic. I think there is a romantic element too. Wouldn't it be cool to believe in something? To live in an cool sci-fi world?

^100% bwhale^

I'd rather have something about psychedelic drugs or space. The religion seems a bit tacked on (but can be very nice if incorporated into something about drugs or space).

Most preferrably no samples though!

"What if I told you we all came from outer space" <-- this is not cool <_< uuuuugh

i hate drugs samples even more and i have absolutely nothing against drugs, i just dont want to bother other people with it, so i try to keep those out of my playlist