Trailers

seraph

Pandorum is like Dead Space + Event Horizon. Very un-original but the sci-fi lover in me still wants to see it.

Apart from that, I'm extremely anxious to see Avatar, I have soft spot for CGI + Sci-fi and this movie delivers both at a huge scale.

Oh haha, while i was watching the Imaginarium trailer, this was on the side

hahahahha :lol:

Avatar seems like a total CGI fest. I think the blue aliens look kinda lame.

I sort of agree, that is why I described it like Terminator on LSDisney, those blue aliens in romance look too much like Disney to me...

• 3 weeks later...

Oh my Dog! Where The Wild Things Are was one of my favorite books as a kid... the monsters look exactly like they did in the book, and direction by Spike Jonze? I'm gonna want to see this one for sure! :)

That is because Maurice Sendak was working with Spike Jonze on the set, collaborating together, he even approached Jonze exclusively cause he wanted HIM to adapt it... hardly wait to see it... :D

IMO you guys are stoopid watching these preview trailers. It fucks up the surpirse effect of a movie. Especially when they have the need to explain the fucking plot in the trailer. It's dangres watching these things .. Same with reading behind the cover of a film.

these things are best totally unseen and unknown.

also exited about the new sci-fi wave coming around :clapping:

IMO you guys are stoopid watching these preview trailers. It fucks up the surpirse effect of a movie. Especially when they have the need to explain the fucking plot in the trailer. It's dangres watching these things .. Same with reading behind the cover of a film.

I agree. Good, that I didnt watched the "Män som hatar kvinnor" Trailer. I would be totally pissed off.

But I have to say that the Trailer of Kelly Reichardts newest flick "Wendy and Lucy" is one of the well done made. Doesnt spoil the story too much. You just get a short view what its about, and thats all :D

True when the full story is uncovered and the trailer becomes a summary of the film.

But you can't go to see a movie blindly. You have to see some images of it or otherwise to follow a reviews' writing of preference.

also exited about the new sci-fi wave coming around :clapping:

I generally agree. It's totally stupid. The people who make trailers know how to manipulate the masses to get them to see their movies, and I've been tricked so many times in the past. Even if a movie is good, a trailer can raise people's expectations to an unreasonable level and cause them to like the movie less than they would otherwise. However, I find that if the movie is great, which is the kind of movie I like, the trailer will have no bearing on my experience.

Going into trailers with this knowledge makes them less manipulative. I can take away the flavor of the film while moderating my excitement. Sometimes, though, I'm all in, like with the Tron sequel coming soon. The trailer (in HQ here), which has been out for about a year and a half, still gets me excited, even though it's got a dubiously glossy Apple-ness to it that I'm skeptical about (although it's also called a "concept test," which may mean it's not an accurate portrayal of the real film - I hope). It better be fucking good or I'm going to start cutting myself.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...