Tarantino's Inglorious Bastards

Djuna

Long time since I've been exited to see a new movie, and I must say that I'm not disappointed! No need to compare it with Pulp Fiction (damn nostalgic oldschool people :P), this one's totally different, luckily. Definitly one of his best, with such a evolving storyline and brutal images (what they do with Hitler! I almost feel sorry for him :D ) and tons of references to other movies and music (the introduction of the Jew Bear, with a nice metal riff playing on the background - nice ^^). The SS-officer did a superb acting job. Definitly a must-see. :)

Actually very good entertainment. If you overcome the initial feeling, like when I watched the trailer, thinking, fuck, what is he doing now, after I saw it in cinema I was surprised to see a well constructed Tarantino's fantasy... It is Kill Bill set in Nazi times, we have again grieving woman seeking for revenge, being persistent in her decision, ready to do anything. Only this time we got a blend of shpagetti western, cat/mouse mind games and lots of dark humor. The role of Christoph Waltz is oscar worthy, such a powerful performance, Brad Pitt is almost un-noticable beside this acting giant. Whole visual look is a treat, cinematography and periodic look is pretty precise. So, I was in the end quite entertained, as usual with Tarantino, he never tempts to make great art, he is there just to entertain, and he is bloody good at it. 8/10

I fully agree with Seraph's description and opinion.

That SS officer is brilliant; excellent acting, great character, very cool anti-hero. Brad Pitt's acting didn't really convince me actually, it seemed more like a trick he's good at doing, but didn't excel at perfecting his character, if you ask me.

I wasn't completely blown away by this movie though, but that might be because expectations are almost too high when it comes to Tarantino-flicks. The way they pervayed the Nazis was too funny for words... and the scene when the Bear Jew comes out of the tunnel... :D Hilarious!

Recommended to watch in a cinema near you, for sure.

when I watched the trailer, thinking, fuck, what is he doing now,...

Yeah lately I don't rely on trailers anymore, most of the time it was not in the hands of the director himself but of the studios..