SynSUN - Full Power of Goa

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SynSUN? Phototropic? A response?

Here's an old response from Phototropic taken off discogs.

Yes it really says all mpg for the original files of Zelur project. For the other 2 albums it says all files are cdda, so they seem to be fine. I got the files directly from Synsun, so i guess thats all thats left of Zelur Project. At least this explains why mastering did not give better results....

SynSUN responses with denial and trying to mislead people. (Sure it was mastered from WAVEs, but the WAVEs were only mp3 quality.)

Again and again i told to ppl that 1st CD of ZELUR PROJECT was mastered from WAVE 44000/16 bit! OK? Don't spread fake rumors plz!

Thank you!

i don't told that ZELUR PROJECT album is high quality :) i just give u 100% that it was mastered by Phototropic from wave ;)

Yes it really says all mpg for the original files of Zelur project. For the other 2 albums it says all files are cdda, so they seem to be fine. I got the files directly from Synsun, so i guess thats all thats left of Zelur Project. At least this explains why mastering did not give better results....

Interesting thing for Phototropic to say, all files of the other 2 albums are CDDA, when 3 of them aren't on this album. Makes you wonder.

1 -=- 01-SynSUN_-_Clinical_Experiment.wav -=- CDDA (100%)

2 -=- 02-SynSUN_-_Purgatory.wav -=- CDDA (100%)

3 -=- 03-SynSUN_-_Spider's_Lullaby.wav -=- CDDA (99%)

4 -=- 04-SynSUN_-_Hoffman's_Delivery.wav -=- CDDA (100%)

5 -=- 05-SynSUN_-_Diver.wav -=- MPEG (95%)

6 -=- 06-SynSUN_-_Deep.wav -=- MPEG (95%)

7 -=- 07-SynSUN_-_Dancing_Shiva.wav -=- MPEG (95%)

8 -=- 08-SynSUN_-_Sun_Downward.wav -=- CDDA (99%)

9 -=- 09-SynSUN_-_Ambient_Sun.wav -=- CDDA (100%)

Interesting thing for Phototropic to say, all files of the other 2 albums are CDDA, when 3 of them aren't on this album. Makes you wonder.

1 -=- 01-SynSUN_-_Clinical_Experiment.wav -=- CDDA (100%)

2 -=- 02-SynSUN_-_Purgatory.wav -=- CDDA (100%)

3 -=- 03-SynSUN_-_Spider's_Lullaby.wav -=- CDDA (99%)

4 -=- 04-SynSUN_-_Hoffman's_Delivery.wav -=- CDDA (100%)

5 -=- 05-SynSUN_-_Diver.wav -=- MPEG (95%)

6 -=- 06-SynSUN_-_Deep.wav -=- MPEG (95%)

7 -=- 07-SynSUN_-_Dancing_Shiva.wav -=- MPEG (95%)

8 -=- 08-SynSUN_-_Sun_Downward.wav -=- CDDA (99%)

9 -=- 09-SynSUN_-_Ambient_Sun.wav -=- CDDA (100%)

Those 3 files have "wrong" stereo width (which also causes the bass to be played much louder on non-subwoofer systems than ones that add the bass channels) and it seems they are therefore are not detected correctly by Audiochecker. So complain to the Audiochecker guy not me. I am not responsible for Audiochecker bugs.

Hi,

What does stereo width have to do with this? I think nothing other than maybe to lead people astray.

Compare these tracks both from Full Power of Goa CD, lets see if you can spot the difference.

1. Spider's Lullaby (CDDA)

http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/3479/spiderss.gif

2. Dancing Shiva (MPEG)

http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/8701/dancingshiva.gif

Hint: look for cutoff around 16kHz and patchiness above that.

Hi,

What does stereo width have to do with this? I think nothing other than maybe to lead people astray.

Compare these tracks both from Full Power of Goa CD, lets see if you can spot the difference.

1. Spider's Lullaby (CDDA)

http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/3479/spiderss.gif

2. Dancing Shiva (MPEG)

http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/8701/dancingshiva.gif

Hint: look for cutoff around 16kHz and patchiness above that.

It does mean that analytic methods won't work because most of the frequencies cancel out when the signal is added up to a mono signal.

Also it means that the source files already contained sound problems that are much worse for the quality then mp3 encoding. So the point is the sources have bigger sound issues than mp3 encoding anyway.. still i think its good music that deserves to be released.

Stop replying to the troll, he won't quit you see. Man sometimes I wish I would have powers to ban that piece of shit.

You're an idiot. I think this situation requires explanation. Maybe you should just ignore it if you don't care, but some of us do.

And I'm unbannable. Not even god himself could ban me, so keep dreaming of internet heroism little man.

Stop replying to the troll, he won't quit you see. Man sometimes I wish I would have powers to ban that piece of shit.

wOrd.

now let's eat some pie penzoline ;)

Jupiter the only explanation is that this is old material and the gear that was used at the time is different from nowadays , anyways phototropic done their best to bring it up to nowadays , but still people just keep throwing pies..

I didn't like pies but then i got so used to it that now i just love to eat the pies so..

Keep it up Phototropic!

I'm happy with the re-release, I only wonder why there is so much lying and covering up going on about it. All they ever needed to say was "sorry we lost most of the original quality files, but here is as good as quality as we can give you".

And time and gear are just more lousy excuses....

I've actually been running audiochecker on my entire goa trance directory for the past few days. Over 1000 CDs, around 10,000 tracks, all released or made in the 90s. It will be done in a couple more days. So far, and I'm up to Shiva Shidapu now, there is only 1 CD that was all MPEG quality tracks, and that was an obscure self-released CD. When we get to SynSUN-Zelur Project that will be another one. I wonder if there will be more than 2.... :) There were also 4 CDs where 1/2 the tracks were MPEG quality (Asia 2001 & Future Prophecy), and quite a few where only 1 or 2 tracks were. But the vast majority are all CDDA quality tracks.

SynSUN - Full Power of Goa

Posted Image

First impression: This album is great and easily one of 2009's strongest albums. IMO all tracks are no less than great except for the first two and Dancing Shiva, which are still in the ball park of good.

Hoffman's Delivery (suddenly this track becomes superb in the third to fourth minute) and Deep (awesome, dark, edgier) are insanely well done. And I love Sun Downward, sounds like a remix of one of the song's on his first release (with the big red devil). Ambient Sun is great or great too, though it would have been cool to hear a downtempo track. The album is one of the best new-school Goa albums on the market.

Could someone please open a review thread for this in the 2009 section? If Dimension 5: Re-Release was included in 2007 or whatever, this should be in 2009. I'm absorbed in school work and may not be able to start a thread, at least not before finals. But I'd love to write something and/or post a review later on when I get a chance. ;)

And I have no issues with the sound quality or whatever as few people mentioned above. The album sounds great, and the cover's creative and catchy.

Recommended for fans of Goatrance. :)

Second impression: Excellent release. A-

this goa trance album by SynSUN is an insanely awesome masterpiece. :D

it ranks high up there with Filteria - Daze Of Our Lives & Merrow - Born Underwater as being the best goa trance artist albums of 2009 for me :)

PS: i really love tracks 3, 4, 5, 6 and 9 :wub: :wub:

keep up the great work guys! ^_^

• 2 weeks later...