This may be old? but...

simorq

Seen it about 10 times over the years, and it hasn't changed much. It's quasi-accurate, but not enough for people who actually listen to electronic music, so it's also, I presume, very misleading for people who are new to it. The Goa/Psy samples have not changed in many years, and are not quite representational. And not once have I seen someone refer to "Buttrock Goa" outside of that site, even though the samples there are all guitar-laden Psytrance. It's a fun site for the first few minutes, but ultimately frustrating in its half-assed reconstruction of the stuff we listen to.

Seen it about 10 times over the years, and it hasn't changed much. It's quasi-accurate, but not enough for people who actually listen to electronic music, so it's also, I presume, very misleading for people who are new to it. The Goa/Psy samples have not changed in many years, and are not quite representational. And not once have I seen someone refer to "Buttrock Goa" outside of that site, even though the samples there are all guitar-laden Psytrance. It's a fun site for the first few minutes, but ultimately frustrating in its half-assed reconstruction of the stuff we listen to.

Only been into psy for a coup years.. don't know enough about psy to make a judgement such as yours.

Where exactly are the factual discrepancies? Why are the Goa samples not good representations?

If you read the guy's descriptions of the genres he's obviously taking quite a lot of poetic license and I think they're funny as shit at that! He never even nearly claims any authority.

I don't think he is actually trying to give a really accurate description of all the genres. And some he made up himself like buttrockgoa. And others he left out like progressive psytrance. Don't take it too seriously (how can you with these descriptions :P ) and just enjoy yourself i'd say.

I don't think he is actually trying to give a really accurate description of all the genres. And some he made up himself like buttrockgoa. And others he left out like progressive psytrance. Don't take it too seriously (how can you with these descriptions :P ) and just enjoy yourself i'd say.

in ambient psy:

Ultimately musicians of all genres are going to figure out that they can make slower, more moody versions of their music, which means that sooner or later there's going to be Ambient 2-step here, and Ambient Hardcore, and Ambient NRG, and Ambient Freestyle, and Ambient Ambient. Well, it could've been worse. It could have been "Progressive Psy". (No, I'm not adding it, you goa turds. Shut the hell up)

:lol:

i've known this one for a long time, but i now realized for the first time that some of the samples of NRG and Hard Trance sound exactly like fullon :rolleyes:

Its as though people repeat themselves

Its as though people repeat themselves

• 2 weeks later...