Deep House

FTP

Very long time ago before psytrance discovery I've had some set by John Digweed from some bodies; It was incredible mental.

But since then I never really found truly deep 60 minutes of such an arrangement; even labeled as deep house - it was just house.

Is deep house yet to be created or there are some achievements?

I like deep house, though 'deep' is something rare... and I like it subtle. I came across DJ Sprinkles - Midtown 120 Blues (2009) Mule Musiq

Highly recommended. Discogs rating: 4.94/5 (51 votes).

Apart from that, couldn't find anything interesting, there may exist some 12's though... but I'm into albums :)

I like some deep house as well - mostly the stuff with a dubby (almost progressive) and/or techy sound, and not so much the oldschool deep house with divas on vocals. Try to look for artists like Daniel Kyo, The Timewriter, Scope, Manuel Tur, Lukas Greenberg and Terry Lee Brown Jr. I especially like labels like Plastic City, Urbantorque and Dutchie Music.

• 4 weeks later...

Mark Farina is worth checking out. Especially his DJ mix albums Mushroom Jazz 2, 3 and 4 which are a fusion of jazzy trip hop and deep house. He also has pure house mixes (San Francisco Sessions, House of Om etc.) and some own productions but the Mushroom Jazz series shines most.

First post btw, about time heh.

• 6 months later...

I like deep house, though 'deep' is something rare... and I like it subtle. I came across DJ Sprinkles - Midtown 120 Blues (2009) Mule Musiq

Highly recommended. Discogs rating: 4.94/5 (51 votes).

Apart from that, couldn't find anything interesting, there may exist some 12's though... but I'm into albums :)

That is something, never herad such a bassline, feeling that is coming out of nowhere ...

Also Timewriter - Resensed Part 1,2 was special

Meanwhile Gab_Oliver Mix_for_JJJ_Mixup_In_Australia. great set, not for sober listening

and :Anthony Pappa - Resolution

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...

A recent release by The Same Old Souls which is a deep house act by Danny Marshall known also as a goa act Lectro Spektral Daze

https://soundcloud.com/ohsocoy/sets/the-same-old-souls-house?utm_source=soundcloud&utm_campaign=share&utm_medium=facebook

And this is house project by S&C aka Lunar Dawn, my fav track is Seven Reasons with awesome storytelling and vocals!

Based on this, first i would recommend Motor City Drum Ensemble.

Subtle and true/authentic/uncompromising, like Anton Zap, Iron Curtis, Tony Lionni, Satore, Sven Weisemann, East End Dubs, Lucianno Villarreal, Matthias Vogt, Maya Jane Coles..

I like some deep house as well - mostly the stuff with a dubby (almost progressive) and/or techy sound, and not so much the oldschool deep house with divas on vocals. Try to look for artists like Daniel Kyo, The Timewriter, Scope, Manuel Tur, Lukas Greenberg and Terry Lee Brown Jr. I especially like labels like Plastic City, Urbantorque and Dutchie Music.

Mentioning Plastic City you cover it all (in a summarised way). Great course.

Deep4Life, Mojuba, Underground Quality, 4 Lux, lot's of labels from the past until nowadays. electrobuzz is a good promotional place to listen to plenty of new and some classic stuff.

Second the 4 Lux recommendation, absolutely brilliant house stuff on there.

Labels: Guidance Records, Large, SVEK, Strictly Rhythm, Downtown 161, F Communications (had a bit of everything though), Ferox, Force Inc US (this one was way more house oriented than its counterpart Force Inc), Sound Signature, FXHE Records, Locked On (for the the UK Garage permutation)

Artists: Kerri Chandler, Larry Heard, Deep88, Chris Brann (and his wamdue projects), Boo Williams, Delano Smith, Jonsson/Alter, Maya Jane Coles

There is an endless amount... of really good deep house and house in general out there.

• 4 months later...

Ive explored the genre quite a lot. Here's some of my favs!

Iron galaxy I really like all his stuff and listen regularly and also Donatto dozzy though we cannot call his music deep house. the end of this track kills me!

Is jon hopkins considered deep house?

Moodyman is a classic of course

I also dig this album

the new kiasmos is fucking great!

The new Floating points is mind blowing!

Finally!

• 8 months later...

Found this mix today via Twitter: you don't wanna miss it if you like deep house.

Ridiculously good!

Tracklist:

1. Fairchild - Intro
2. Dahu- How Do They Know (Nick Devon Remix)
3. Audiofly - She Gave Me Love
4. Francesco Chiocci feat. Black Soda- Black Sunrise (Musumeci Remix)
5. Tim Green - Only Time Remains
6. JOBE - Colossus
7. Dino Lenny - Living In A Song (Gardens of God Remix)
8. Matteo Bruscagin & Visnadi - Indian Stories
9. Valentino Kanzyani - Flying (Cid Inc Remix)
10. PAX - Reign (KatrinKa Remix)
11. Dj Tennis - Chirality
12. Mind Against - Gravity
13. ID - ID
14. Carl Craig - At Les (Christian Smith Hypnotica Remix)
15. El_Txef_A - Mugarrirantz feat. NAPOKA IRIA (Dave DK Remix)
16. Chicola - Childhood
17. Khen - Anise
18. Cid Inc. - Gaurdian
19. Stereo Underground Music - Endless Sun & Röyksopp - Sordid Affair (Maceo Plex Remix)
20. LOPEZHOUSE - Crosses And Angels (Guy J Remix)
21. Jeremy Olander - Panorama
22. ID - ID

A little bit of topic:

I've always associated all kinds of house,(even dark tech house) with sunny beach days, young girls dancing in their bikinis, cold beer, swimming etc (you get the image). That's how I usually spend my summer Sundays, at the world-famous Cariocas Beach bar.
Whenever I go to any kind of indoor venue playing house I simply can't stand it for more than a few minutes. It's like the silly happiness and sexuality, associated with house music, is simply not there!

A classic in Deep House

Original Instrumental Version (1986)

Vocal Version (1987)

I'm still amazed from this track. Cause for me it not sounds from the 80', it sounds more from the beginn of the 90'.