"V/A- Twisted Insight"

Trance2MoveU

Posted Image

VA- Twisted Insight

Spectral Records

July 2009

1. Outer Signal- Absolute Cut (7:24)

2. Rabdom L- Psykodeliak (7:42)

3. Menog vs. Absolum- Basic Survival Instinct (Menog Remix) (10:34)

4. EarWorm- Mad As A Hatter (7:49)

5. Khopat- Kobalt (7:29)

6. Azax Syndrom- Live Or Die (8:25)

7. Brain Hunters- Immortal Species (8:24)

8. Fiuzz & Hunters- Battle Sounds (7:40)

9. Ignition- Last Person (6:58)

Hell yes, more night-psy!!!

This was put out by Menog's label Spectral Records and their specialty is groovy, acid ridden psytrance. And let me tell you there are some real movers in here. Looking at the tracklist you might be able to guess who came with the weakest effort. If you said Azax Syndrom....ding ding, you guessed it! What happened to him? I'm sure I am not alone in wishing he would find his roots again. That aside, the Menog remix of he and Absolum's "Basic Survival Instinct" is over 10 and a half minutes long! And it's worth it. The angry bass line, the acidic washes...it all fits. The story of the track evolves giving a little more as it unwinds amidst great effects and samples. It didn't feel like over 10 minutes.

Coming in 2nd is Earworm's "Mad As A Hatter." I'm serious when I say I haven't heard a bad track from him. Eerie synths, plenty of acid and awesome effects. I cannot wait for his album

Honorable mention goes to Brain Hunters for their very strong synth work on "Immortal Species." This is a very take no prisoners track, that hits with the force of a truck.

No question this is worth a listen. Night-psy is my favorite (right behind Goa) and this one delivers in spades. Get it.

Mdk