"V/A- Temple of One"

Trance2MoveU

Posted Image

VA- Temple of One

Glowing Flame Records

September 2009

1. Imaginary Sight- Let Go Your Ego (7:27)

2. Imaginary Sight- Less Is More (6:54)

3. Ianuaria- Liquid Modulation (9:30)

4. Trold- Fol (8:47)

5. Ianuaria- Elements (8:02)

6. Ianuaria- Arahat (7:00)

7. Braincell- Witches In Nature (7:18)

8. Braincell- Shake The Universe (7:26)

9. Braincell- Enhanced Disclosure (Imaginary Sight RMX) (7:20)

This was the newest CD I received and I was very excited about it. Glowing Flame records is responsible for Trold's Time of Illusion and all three of Braincell's discs so you know they bring quality to the table. This comp is put together by Imaginary Sight and as there is a Trold track on it, I knew I had to have it. To start, look at that cover. I mean really look at it. It's like a window into a psychedelic world full of color and believe me, the music matches its covering. The sound of these tracks are full and rich. By that I mean deep and pulsating with loads of layers. It puts the listener in a trance and takes them on a journey. And isn't that what psytrance is supposed to do? I would say there is a taste of foresty goodness with accentuating effects that really set the tone. As with other Glowing Flame releases, they haven't forgotten their roots as there are plenty of goa accents within the tracks. The Trold track was good..., but to me it wasn't as deep as some of the others on this disc. Other than that extremely minor flaw, this CD is on repeat.

I highly recommend this album for all psytrance lovers. For me, this has to be one of the best releases in 2009. It's that good.

Mdk

• 2 weeks later...

Just "wow!". This is exactly the type of full-on ("hux flux" type) I've wanted to hear for so long. Imaginative, deep and with twisted melodies, the sort of you used to hear in full-on in the late 90s/early 00s (Hux Flux's Time Slices or Logic Bomb's Neighbour of the Beast pop in my head). Since I'm hardly any reviewer, my word is just an encouragement for you to try out the samples yourself and be your own judge.

Verdict: nothing less than 5 stars. Best compilation in ages.

Just "wow!". This is exactly the type of full-on ("hux flux" type) I've wanted to hear for so long. Imaginative, deep and with twisted melodies, the sort of you used to hear in full-on in the late 90s/early 00s (Hux Flux's Time Slices or Logic Bomb's Neighbour of the Beast pop in my head). Since I'm hardly any reviewer, my word is just an encouragement for you to try out the samples yourself and be your own judge.

Verdict: nothing less than 5 stars. Best compilation in ages.

off topic:

I don`t agree with this what u say that this music is full on or Hux Flux`s music, GFR music is Psychedelic forest trance with melodies ,and i totaly agree with this;) this is much much better then full on

on topic:

This is one of the best GFR releases ,this va is very psychedelic morning oriented and is a great psychedelic journey, like all the tracks but the best are 2,4,5,6,7 & 9

off topic:

I don`t agree with this what u say that this music is full on or Hux Flux`s music, GFR music is Psychedelic forest trance with melodies ,and i totaly agree with this;) this is much much better then full on

That's just splitting hairs really. The term 'full-on' seems to suffer from such a bad connotation, some people only see it to describe the cheesy israeli branch of full-on.

Full-on is, in it's widest meaning, music with a rolling bassline. The tracks here fit into that category. I would also argue it's a bit easier to explain music as 'full-on' than 'psychedelic forest trance with melodies'.

I just love GFR ever since i first litsned to TIME OF ILLUSSION i was hoooked to thier damn amazing music, have tried almost all thier albums from then on love braincells album to But this compilation is AWSUM sure better then thier other ones love all tracks and This is far better than any full on relase i am a big fan of cheese bt evn i dnt like to compare GFR's music with crappy full on relases like save the robot.lol

4.8/5

I got the package from Saikosounds yesterday and even though i already listened to the mp3's i think that now i can really say some words on this subject... so lets begin.

Artwork is simply astonishing! To be honest all Glowing Flame covers were brilliant i when i found out that Joe is not responsible for this one i was a bit worried because The Well of Enchanted Sounds and Little Worlds are one of my favorite covers, but i proved myself wrong, and I'm glad i did so :)

The compilation starts with 2 Imaginary Sight tracks, and the fact that these are the first tracks of the project without Boban Lazovski (who left the project and now forms Egorythmia) made me even more curious because Imaginary Sight really is my favorite psytrance project. These 2 tracks could be listened long before Temple of One was released because they were on Marko's myspace. I was a bit disappointed when tracklist for the VA was announced, but that's Imaginary Sight - years and years of producing and not even 10 tracks released up to date. Let Go Your Ego is somewhat new IS style to me and I'm afraid that i was expecting a little bit more from a project that gave us "Outhere", "Um", "Changing" ...etc. Nice track, excellent sound engineering and sonic manipulation but lacks that "something" that made me fall in love with Imaginary Sight. Less is More get us back on track and this is the real Imaginary Sight sound. Unique, uplifting, psychedelic and makes your brain squirt some neurojuice all over the place. I would pay 13$ for the CD that has only this one on itself. Pure Magic. Track #3 is something new on the block. Latest Glowing Flame signing, Ianuaria, got me interested with his first album "Da Capo Al Fine", but this is much more mature sound, not to mention that now it has that unique "Glowing Flame touch" which we all love so much. Liquid Modulation and Elements are good tracks and really, Josef might become the new "Background FX" master on the GF roster but one thing about these tracks really make me want to scream. About half-way in the tracks bassline changes to some fluffy kiddie-like sound. WTF is this all about? Maybe I'm asking too much and just maybe this is really because of my taste in music but... i really dont like that kind of bassline, and i dislike it even more on Glowing Flame Records. Arahat on the other hand is really something! Maybe the best track on the compilation for me! I mentioned that Josef's Background FX geniusness, pack it up with brilliant kick-bassline and great arrangement of the track, i think i got myself a track to play in my DJ sets for a looong time to come. Really, its that awesome :) Ok, so the next artist we have on the tracklist is Trold. No real need for introduction of these bad boys. Listening voice samples on Fol (i think it stands for flower of life, but that's just my theory) made me think of some Guy Ritchie movies, that English accent and shit. If you look at the arrangement of the track and general "story", it can hardly be a match for epics like "The Path", "It's All About Cycles" and "Eye of The World"... its nice and all, but i expect a lot more from Trold, maybe they spoiled me with Time of Illusion...but maybe they are saving the best ones for the 3rd album :) From a production point of view, I cannot notice the improvement in sonic manipulation and clearness of the sound. Looks like that time spent in London studying sound engineering is paying off. Please gave us the 3rd album really really soon! Tnx! :D

The last artist on the compilation is Braincell. Witches In Nature and Shake the Universe give us some refreshment in the "air" of the track, some nice fx-es outhere but I am somewhat disappointed with the fact that kick-bassline ("ground" of the track) is the same one Braincell uses in like half of his tracks... leaves a taste that he made them in about 2 hours and sent them to mastering lol. Dont get me wrong, they are good tracks but after "Little Worlds" pwnage i really expected more. Nevertheless, these ones will rock the dancefloors and are sure to find they're place in my DJ sets, but not the kind of tracks you'll remember the artist for, if you know what i mean. So we get to the last track, Imaginary Sight's remix of Braincell's Enhanced Disclosure. I cannot help myself wonder why he chose that particular track. It's a nice tune and all, but why not Warp Zone, Human v2 or Time Tunnel which are better tracks from his last album in my opinion and would give my left testicle to hear Imaginary Sight remixes of those. Anyway, this is a schoolbook example on how to do a remix. Emphasized and distorted lead melody, more tempo and some cool scrambled arrangement changes all mixed up with recognizable Marko's touch. I like! But as i said already, for fucks sake, why Enhanced Disclosure? Maybe it's a matter of taste...

So...all in all, haven't heard compilation good as this one in a while, probably since "Little Worlds" lol :)

I won't give any grades to the tracks nor to the CD as a whole, because I am in love with Glowing Flame and that would be somewhat subjective and unfair. What I can say as a great fan of the label and a DJ, I was expecting more. When you have formed some kind of a weird cult in your head around tracks like "Time tunnel", "Outhere" and "It's All About Cycles", you probably expect something that will blow that away or at least something to compare those with. Maybe my expectations were a little too great to follow (sure they were), and maybe i need to let the music rest in my head to see the true picture of this release. I know i have had the same problem with Braincell - Frequency Evolution. Still, GFR continues to make music history with its own unique forest sound, and from that angle, I am more than satisfied with what i got in this one. Timeless Music.

Not to sound like anyone's gaurdian but including samples in a review's end are a kind and convenient thing. :)

http://www.saikosounds.com/english/display_release.asp?id=8152

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

this is an awesome compilation, really pumping tunes with interesting layers and rock-solid grooves

I love the Kurt Cobain samples in track 6 (Arahat)! good to hear Kurt kept alive in a psy tune :D

• 4 weeks later...

A little bit disappointed, I really loved Little Worlds and perhaps I expected more of them, Braincell rocks (even if he switched to some downtempo stuff lately; I'm looking forward to see another Gora Chandra Track on GFR, soon

• 2 weeks later...

A bit generic and lacking in imagination though I like the style generally.. I feel like there's a lot of careless use of sound effects, and sound effects that sound a lot the same.. More forceful than truly intricate or artistic are most of the tracks..

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Just discovering this for the first time on Youtube. Holy shit. Arahat is such a monster track! I'm really loving this style of psytrance right now. I think I'm Neogoa'd out for now (not the label, obviously!)