03. Silver Liner

04. Synaptic Surgery

05. Acidhead

06. Drugganaut

07. New Horizon

08. Crazy

09. Rocks To Rocketships

Review:

Team-up album from Laughing Buddha+Tristan, sounds like these guys wanna serve the dancefloor with excellent entertaining full-on which leaves little to the imagination, and everything for the body to interpret. Burning acid melody lines packed with clever hyperpowered climaxes and the occasional rest make this a very liked album by me.

I actually had no idea who was behind the project, just found a link to it somewhere here on the forum and assumed it to be a new project. The samples sounded like something I've always wanted to hear; simple and groovy melodies with lots of energetic sweeps and pads, of course accompanied by fat wobbly Tristan bass lines and the eventual outbreak of a screamy acid tune. All flawlessly produced of course!

Nice rests are well implemented throughout the album so it's a very well-constructed experience which is almost never tiring and always offers something new to go for. Melodywork isn't too in-depth but rather on the mediocre fullon side of things but it mostly works well enough throughout the songs. Some cheesy elements linger around the songs which is kind of a letdown and all tracks are pretty formulaic, just with enough subtle variation.

6/10

fav's: 2,3,4,5,7,9

samples+buying: http://www.goastore....b90ad5d1c80ca84

highlight from the album:

http-~~-//www.youtube.c...h?v=6C_Efa9S4pg

I'm a bit disappointed. New Horizon and Silver Lines are some of the best tunes of 2009 for me, but the rest could be much better. There a bit too much full on cliches (nothing against the basslines) and I really miss Laughing Buddha in the tracks.

• 2 weeks later...

I found the Goa taste in New Horizon delicious and Silver Liners brought the goodness. Acid head for me though was one of the better tracks. Way better than average, but Laserflip is right, the other tracks could've been stronger. Like the God Save the Queen comp.

Mdk

• 2 weeks later...

One word that comes to my mind regarding this album is 'boring'.

It does have all the ingredients to make a good CD, but somehow it fails to do so. The melodies are scarce and not really engaging or developing, acids are very typical, the arrangement relies on very simple riffs, snare rolls, build-up's etc... The sounds are 'too big' or 'club-friendly', i.e. there's no delicacy, gentleness or effects - everything's in-your-face and full-on all the time.

Quite disappointing. 3/5

• 4 weeks later...

one of the best albums of the year 2009..great dance floor music..totally loved their set at aurora 2009..

conscious conductors, acid head , drugganaut are my fav tracks..the whole album is a bundle of raw energy.

:posford: