Electric Universe underrated?

simorq

Whatcha think? I think so, but what the fuck do I know?

I just think it's such great goa and I don't see in the top 10 lists too often.

p e a c e

definitely underrated. Sure, now he does full-on, but it is acid heavy, groove intensive stuff. I would argue that he is as important to this scene as Astral was.

Mdk

I love Paradise Connection, One love and Stardriver, but i'm not a big fan of what he has done after that (especially now).

I've seen him live at Ozora this year, and have been very disapointed. It was more of a rock concert (over 1/2 of the tracks were played with live guitars) than anything. Very far from what you could expect to hear at a psychedelic trance gathering.

Guitars, cheese, ppl claping their hands.. i have nothing against all those things, but i hated his liveset.

his fullon stuff (which can be quite good if he leaves out the guitars. morning star and the prayer do stand out in a good way in the seemingly endless sea of crappy fullon releases) certainly isn't underrated, but maybe his goa stuff is. you don't really see his older releases mentioned often. the track luna overdrive from the stardiver album definitely is underrated. you don't hear acid crazyness like that every often.

his fullon stuff (which can be quite good if he leaves out the guitars. morning star and the prayer do stand out in a good way in the seemingly endless sea of crappy fullon releases) certainly isn't underrated, but maybe his goa stuff is. you don't really see his older releases mentioned often. the track luna overdrive from the stardiver album definitely is underrated. you don't hear acid crazyness like that every often.

then you are referring to the fact that goa is almost inexistant at most psy/"psy" parties nowadays (belgians excluded I guess), not that he is underrated. Those that know, know.

then you are referring to the fact that goa is almost inexistant at most psy/"psy" parties nowadays (belgians excluded I guess), not that he is underrated. Those that know, know.

not really. i think that most other goa (not even goa from doof, mfg, miranda or cosmosis [well, cosmosis maybe...]) doesn't have acidlines as crazy as luna overdrive :)

I dont think hes underrated, im listening to his recent works quite often and since he plays at big festivals as well, i see no reason why someone would think hes underrated, hes been in business for quite some time.

• 4 weeks later...

do not say any bullshit , Boris and Olli seem both who still supporting the scene the way it shud be , the heritage of Spirit Zone Records

I think Electric Universe are underated at Ozora 2005 they were one of the highlights of the whole festival for me. I must admit I later bought that album that featured all the guitar tracks and I didn't think it really worked outside of the live situation but that's not to put a dampner on all the fantastic tracks Boris has produced over the years.

• 3 weeks later...

I have always loved most of Electric Universes output, especially when they collaborate with Space tribe to form ESP. The new Sonic Ecstacy album is very addicting to me as well. I just never really cared for the tracks where the guitars were overwhelmingly used.