Infected Mushroom - Legend Of The Black Shawarma

Melancholyman

it's deffinitly not what i expected. well yeah it gots all those guitar cheesy shit like vicious and supervisor but i think its way better than vicious. no matter how much im gonna hear this album, not even close to the gathering. anyway i can feel the infected ginious behind this album. my dream is that infected would use this huge sound to create more creative pieces like at the past.

this album is not a fall like the others, but actually after vicious delicious, to where can u fall? so i guess its a change.

^ I don't think he could have written it in much better English than that. What he's saying is that their new album is too mainstream.

infectious = easily spread

But then again, wouldn't it be funny if IM got the innovative status like Daft Punkt etc, working together with Kenya West hehe :P .. :(

^ I don't think he could have written it in much better English than that. What he's saying is that their new album is too mainstream.

infectious = easily spread

But then again, wouldn't it be funny if IM got the innovative status like Daft Punkt etc, working together with Kenya West hehe :P .. :(

My intellectual laziness again...I thought that "infectious = addictive" ... :unsure: But on the other hand, "it makes me hate their older stuff too, and I love their 3 first albums" seems a little condradictory.

Well I don't want to get Offtopic here and I’m sure Hexa can reply by himself fine if he feels an urge to explain his words,

but let me try to express what I think he means with that line since I have sort of the same feeling (i think).

He didn't like the new infectious album by IM and his dislike of this (and the last?) album sort of ruins his feel on the three first albums, which he likes and admires, because if he listens to LotBS too much*, he will recognize stuff in The G, CM & BPE that he can hear on this album, eventually making him dislike IM's three first albums because it will remind him of what he dislikes about IM’s music and sound/feeling. Sure IM always has been infectious in their sound, but never as mainstream directed as they are today! good or bad, don't really care any more.

Or smth :P

*maybe this album will grow on him with time if he actually took his time and ear to listen and understand it properly?

It took me years to truly appreciate the beaty of IM's Trance Side, and today I do like almost half of the VD tracks,

still struggling to really feel the depth of IM the Soupnazi though. Exept for their melodies I think this album is terribly boring and shallow (pure dunk party album with some nice euforic superhero melodies here and there).

Did I mention I'm planning of owning this album as well (I own like all IM albums to date and a lot of compilations with their tracks present), because no matter how bad, tacky or cheesy IM's music will become, it will always have their infected soul in it (infected or disinfected, same same but different). And to be honest I sort of like and secretly route for them to make it big, to infect the world with their strange sounds, because their sound IS fucking weird, especially compared to the chart-music out there. I hope other people liking IM's older stuff and psytrance in general can manage to see realities outside their own bubble of despair. If I was 16-17 again and I heard this music, I think it would make me very curious (also if I heard it today in another reality where I don’t listen to psychedelic and weird music)

IM is and will be in the future when they hit the real masses a great doorway for people to get to know real psychedelic realms.

I hope thas their agenda exept for money and fame, I hope the cosmos sort of has these great and noble plans for IM. hehe

• 2 weeks later...

what can i say?

after listening to some of the samples i can say that this album is not my cup of tea... nor coffe

but hey, that is exactly what i expected this album to be so i am not disapointed at all.

the cover is really really cool!!

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, this is...ummm. You know, I don't know what this is....but I kind of like it. IMO it seems that people hate IM because of their new or lack of direction, the guitars which are abrasive and unimaginative, and of course Dudev's singing. While I don't think this is groundbreaking or essential, you can tell that these guys still have talent, musically and production-wise. I appreciate that they are trying something new and trying to mix a whole bunch of genre's together, albeit with very mixed results. Bottom line, if you are looking for 4 on the floor psy with no singing or guitars then keep on walking. I would file this under something different, akin to a guilty pleasure.

Mdk

Well I'm pretty disappointed ... the last track of this album seemed to be very promising after seeing the live in Tel Aviv here :

But the version on this album seems so simple and with no flavour ... otherwise tracks 6,8,9,10 are interesting, but nothing really hits me like Heavyweight didon their last album ...

• 2 weeks later...

... .... ....

I find this one more enjoyable to listen too as a whole than their previous one....because the bad tracks here aren't as bad as the bad ones in Vicious Delicious....downside however is that the good ones on The legend of the Black Shawarma aren't as good as in Vicious....perhaps with an exception of .... euh ... one...?

Anyway, this could have been worse in my opinion.....but that doesn't take away the fact that I prefer their earlier work ..... and this has little to do with that phase....

Side effect: my girlfriend -who just doesn't understand my love for goa or psychedelic trance cause in most cases she gets nervous of it- actually likes some tracks of it... an example I think of how Infected succeeded in their queeste to cross the borders of (Psychedelic trance) and reach more and more people.... evolution ...

• 6 years later...

This album is better than previous two (Vicious Delicious, IM the Supervisor) and probably best Infected Mushroom album (with Converting Vegetarians II) of new IM era.

After years, this one becomes one of my most favorite IM album. It have epic oldschool tracks like Franks, Slowly and "Heavyweight brother" Project 100.

Saeed is my favorite track here, never get tired of it :) Same with Poquito Mas..