Normal Trance

sneila

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sorry, but apart of PERSONNAL nostalgic trance I love, trance sucks.

It's not for you then, but it certainly doesn't suck.

Well, 90% of it sucks, but that 10%, like the track I posted above, is fantastic. Good trance has a such strong, vivid emotional(love) and scenic atmosphere throughout for me. While other genres achieve emotion in strong ways aswell, even the same kind of emotion, trance has that special way of doing it.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Jzh9y_6K-g

• 1 month later...

I'm a sucker for good clubtrance... even with :unsure: vocals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WI7gvYfvHF4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfTHpQ9Yw3A

Like it even better when it's mixed though

Trance Nation: Harder mixed by Judge Jules(Ministry of Sound) I like especially the first CD :)

• 1 month later...

I've also heard the last track (i think) from Union Jack, called "Papillon".

Not sure if that's called trance or acid trance, but i digged it (aside of the french sample, sounds stupid.. at least for the french i am).

I agree that song would be much better without the sample. I think the sample is from the movie "The Diving Bell and the Butterfly" (Le scaphandre et le papillon) though, which was a good and very unique movie. :)

To stay on topic though, I actually like some of the melodies/synths used in "normal" trance (not including the pop eurodance crap), but the beats are often a bit too cheesy/simplistic for me. I don't mean the beat has to be complicated, but it's nice when they at least change the sound of the beat instead of the same kick/hi-hat sample used for the entire song with no effects.

well about normal trance/epic/euphoric/uplifting/euro trance and etc...i can say that from day to day i'm more into this style.

i found it very emotional,like it's real playing music on its way,you realy have to know how to play music,cause the basics of that music is about chords,playing leads on the right way,know how to put the piano stuff,and the bass line tone has to feat to the whole playing in the track and change the baseline part when you need to,every intruments has it's place to create an harmony.

you cant false,there is basic rules,it's not psychedelic music that you can put everything you want,there is no disharmonic,the main is to create harmoney,everything has to feat,like in a regular song.

the baseline has to feat to the lead parts,and the piano,and the pads,it has some wierd sounds,but it's not the main part of the track,usualy it is in the background and in the few minutes in the begining of the track and when the track start to elevate and progress you can here the melodies coming and then the whole harmoney blast you over in the climax,the main in this genre is the melodies and harmoney stuff,thats way in this genre you realy have know how to play music right following the normal music rules.

there for i dont surprised that i'm into this style cause my goa stuff has also it's epic part,it's more goaish,but still it has the melody/harmony,i think my crossover to this genre start when i did the track "northern exposure" from my album Astral experience,in some parts in this track you can here normal trance influences.

so for me it's normal to move on to more epic trance style,it's more feat to me as a person and as musician nowdays.

for an example,this uplifting part from the track "mumbai" by dan stone,amazing uplifting part,and all the melody stuff around,with warm positive feeling:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zw1hfM3wpiQ

Never really got into Paul Oakenfold (besides for bullet in the gun) or Paul Van Dyke or even BT even though they get praise from most in the trance scene.

I never got in to Oakenfold either, even when I was more "in to" that scene. At least as far as his original music goes. He did have some great DJ sets though, and I still listen to his goa mix and Global Underground from time to time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I used to collect M.I.K.E/PUSH Ended up with over 100 of his vinyls most from the late 90s when he was at his peak!

Most where dark trance!

Musix - Do Ya See The Light

PLASTIC BOY - Silver Bath

plastic boy twixt

The Blackmaster - Faith Forever

Cosmo Kid - Cosmic Meltdown

Virtua Trancer - Wire Tripped

M.I.K.E. - Nightfall

The Snapper - Pulsar

Push - Till We Meet Again

Push - Tranzy State Of Mind

There's just some of them :)

Also Tillmann Uhrmacher - On The Run,Great track :)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4poy9lIlzP8

It's strange but with these trance tracks, there always is some kinda special feeling or emotion connected to them. Like the first time you heard that trance track you love you were in that particular kinda state emotionally. OK music generally does that, but because these tracks are made to generate deep emotions, you're connected to that track even more so than other types of music.

Just thinkin...