Dancing With Kadafi, Stretched, And ........

smaug

"Project 100"

I know many people on this forum are upset with Infected Mushroom taking a more mainstream music sound. I am too, I can't agrue that. Including lyrics in their songs generally is a huge mistake. Not always, but usally. Regardless, these guys have serious talent. They are the reason I got into PsyTrance. The first 3 albums were truly amazing. The albums after that were not as good but decent. Some songs were really dissapointing. You could clearly hear they were trying to cater to the mainstream crowd. Not so with "Dancing with Kadafi". "Dancing with Kadafi" is without a doubt their best song. So unique. Hard to describe really. Truly a musical journey that should not be missed. Next we had "Stretched". Another true masterpeice. Sit back, listen, take the music in and prepare for another crazy and cool experience from Infected. Seriously, where do you hear music like this? You just don't! So unique, different, and beautiful. So what next can Infected Mushroom pull from the rabbit hat? "Project 100" from their next album "Legend Of The Black Shawarma". Another masterpiece. Again, where do you hear stuff like this? This has a more hard rock sound to it. Don't be steered away from this song in the beginning, just keep listening, it's worth it. I love the different twist and turns this song takes. Another beautiful song from Infected. Infected are not what they used to be but they still do come out with quality stuff. So why am I saying all this. I guess I felt compelled to speak my mind and see what everyone else thinks. Whenever I try to introduce PsyTrance to someone, I start with some good quality Infected. Over the years they have come out with some true masterpieces, "Project 100" being one of them. What do you guys think?

Curiously enough someone asked me to describe the essence of psytrance earlier today and I took to youtube, brought up a classical mushroom track and sent her the link. They have come up with some truly great psy over the years and I guess that they will never really lose this legacy, but they do a damn good job hiding it these days. Tbh I think it's a common frustration many of us harbour deep down that we know they still have it in them. They must do. They've just changed direction so completely that we understand we will likely never have another album filled to the brim with absolute killer tracks, and that's why they have come to be a bit of an irritation. Plus there's so much negative feeling around concerning them that it's easy to get washed away in it.

Vicious delicious (the track) still destroys me every time I listen to it. I feel my spine shudder as that pure blissful sensation cascades down my spinal column and it is wonderful.

I agree.

But with no singing or guitar overuse.

I third this motion.

@the OP: Dude, they left their talent back in 10 years ago. They would have to travel back in time to get it back.

@the OP: Dude, they left their talent back in 10 years ago. They would have to travel back in time to get it back.

Let's rephrase that. Yes, most of their best stuff was in the beginning but they still come out with quality stuff. The songs I noted are some of their best downtempo songs, granted "Project 100" doesn't start out that way but it certainly turns into that. To say they have NO more talent is completely false. Give credit where it's do. Maybe you just don't like the music. That's alright, but you cannot deny they still have no talent.

Let's rephrase that. Yes, most of their best stuff was in the beginning but they still come out with quality stuff. The songs I noted are some of their best downtempo songs, granted "Project 100" doesn't start out that way but it certainly turns into that. To say they have NO more talent is completely false. Give credit where it's do. Maybe you just don't like the music. That's alright, but you cannot deny they still have no talent.

honestly, i dont share the same opinion, for me infected mushroom only have experience, thats why they release sometime an okay song, but talent? i havent seen in a while

theres a difference between infected mushroom first album talent and what they do now, what they do now i would explain it by their experience, not the talent seriously.

they have maybe the best quality sounding, but thats it.

honestly, i dont share the same opinion, for me infected mushroom only have experience, thats why they release sometime an okay song, but talent? i havent seen in a while

theres a difference between infected mushroom first album talent and what they do now, what they do now i would explain it by their experience, not the talent seriously.

they have maybe the best quality sounding, but thats it.

The difference is, in the beginning just about every song was good. Now it's hit and miss. But let's be honest. For any artist to still come out with amazing stuff is a tough feat. I can't think of one group that has come out with 8 albums and still has quality music. Yes, not every song is good with their newer stuff but at least 2 or 3 songs are damn good. If you deny that, you just have plain horrible taste in music. If that's not talent then I don't know what is. If they are the best quality sounding then doesn't that require some sort of talent?