I Dont Like Koxbox.

sneila

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh , I have to disagree here my dear friend of mildly cold air (droso+philos, greek: δροσό φίλος)), it can be goa trance for sure ...

No it can not. Please tell us exactly which Koxbox' track sounds like goa-trance? :unsure:

How come people are branded "trolls" the minute they do not share the common taste here? Seem a bit elitist to me. And I agree. Go after the ball not the man. Debate instead of telling people they have a weird taste or there must be something wrong with their person.

I like some of the old trippy stuff Koxbox made. The new stuff is nothing but generic full on.

I tried to get some useful response from you guys but it seems you can only try to justify yourself or say I'm wrong, rather than discuss why we differ.

All you irrelevant and, well, for other psynews users insignificant taste issues put aside, I don't see how a topic called "I don't like Koxbox" could possibly give birth to useful responses, constructive comments and similar statements.

This entire topic was created with a clear intent to start a flame war. Which is, may I add, relatively cool.

Why?

Since I joined this forum, there has always been a member machine gunned for every post he made. This day and age, you're it. Right here right now.

Nothing has changed at Pie News. People are still not entitled to start any topics that are not in agreement with certain members taste or World views. But its dandy ok to start tons of topics with Simon is God etc. If you do not like the exact same music as the elite, and make the "mistake" to say it out loud then you will be executed in public.

My advice is this. If people dont like the smell in the Bakery stay out of the Bakery (in this case this debate) ;)

I am ready to be executed now :)

How come people are branded "trolls" the minute they do not share the common taste here? Seem a bit elitist to me. And I agree. Go after the ball not the man. Debate instead of telling people they have a weird taste or there must be something wrong with their person.

I like some of the old trippy stuff Koxbox made. The new stuff is nothing but generic full on.

Nothing has changed at Pie News. People are still not entitled to start any topics that are not in agreement with certain members taste or World views. But its dandy ok to start tons of topics with Simon is God etc. If you do not like the exact same music as the elite, and make the "mistake" to say it out loud then you will be executed in public.

My advice is this. If people dont like the smell in the Bakery stay out of the Bakery (in this case this debate) ;)

I am ready to be executed now :)

You're a bit off-track here. This guy is doing it repeatedly and purposefully because he wants to be machine gunned.

Sneila from this thread is also bwhale/eiko from these threads linked to below, and many more if you can be bothered wading through his shit-trail of various aliases and campaigns of deliberate attention-seeking negation:

Thread 1

Thread 2

There are moments when people engage sincerely in defence or response to some of this persons comments and I don't enjoy seeing people waste heart or effort when someone is just toying with them for cowardly entertainment. If I see this sort of behaviour while browsing the boards then I don't mind taking the time to point it out to maybe save even just one genuine person a little time, effort and feeling that they may have spent on an empty cause.

Jon :P

Oh , I have to disagree here my dear friend of mildly cold air (droso+philos, greek: δροσό φίλος)), it can be goa trance for sure ...

As Antic also pointed out I know of no true goa tracks made by Koxbox, there are a few number boarderline tracks on Forever After (for example Point of No return, Tribal Oscillation), but these only use some elements, but the side-project Psychopod may have made more Goa tracks but still doesn't have that "middle-eastern/Indian touch", imo! :)

doesn't have that "middle-eastern/Indian touch", imo! :)

Since when does that alone define goa trance ? I mean, with that rule Hallucinogen, Orichalcum, Green Nuns or even TIP aren't really goa trance either...

Koxbox has as many goa trance elements as any other, but perhaps presented a bit differently (I refrain from saying 'more psychedelic').

I agree that Koxbox is in the league of their own, but they alone can't hold a genre name. What would you call it if there's nothing like it ? If it's called psytrance, then let's rename everything else that falls in there. I'd rather put it in a genre that it has most similarities with (read: sub-bass kick, funky basslines, 303, far out FX & melodies etc.), than to concern myself if it doesn't sound like Astral Projection or something. (note: I love AP as much as Koxbox)

You're a bit off-track here. This guy is doing it repeatedly and purposefully because he wants to be machine gunned.

Sneila from this thread is also bwhale/eiko from these threads linked to below, and many more if you can be bothered wading through his shit-trail of various aliases and campaigns of deliberate attention-seeking negation:

Thread 1

Thread 2

There are moments when people engage sincerely in defence or response to some of this persons comments and I don't enjoy seeing people waste heart or effort when someone is just toying with them for cowardly entertainment. If I see this sort of behaviour while browsing the boards then I don't mind taking the time to point it out to maybe save even just one genuine person a little time, effort and feeling that they may have spent on an empty cause.

I dont know the history of this person but my point still stand as I have seen it before so many times here. "We don't like your views or taste in music so therefore you must be a troll – let’s start the Lynching".

Well maybe he is a troll. Maybe he is not. Who knows? I am amazed of the Detective work you guys do just to be right ;)

But it's typical on pie news that people get into frenzy if someone does not like their “correct” taste in music and have the nerve to publish it. Take a look at what people wrote in this debate, and other similar debates, before anyone suggested this guy (or girl) was a troll.

My point is that such an “elitist” behavior kills debates.

At the end of the day this is just a silly forum and should not be taken so serious. I learned that lesson :)

I dont know the history of this person but my point still stand as I have seen it before so many times here. "We don't like your views or taste in music so therefore you must be a troll – let's start the Lynching".

Well maybe he is a troll. Maybe he is not. Who knows? I am amazed of the Detective work you guys do just to be right ;)

But it's typical on pie news that people get into frenzy if someone does not like their "correct" taste in music and have the nerve to publish it. Take a look at what people wrote in this debate, and other similar debates, before anyone suggested this guy (or girl) was a troll.

My point is that such an "elitist" behavior kills debates.

At the end of the day this is just a silly forum and should not be taken so serious. I learned that lesson :)

Not really. Time reading such a posts is wasted so we are just looking for a natural way to not waste more of our time here which alone is hard enough with current leftovers of liking or disliking of something.

I completelly disagree with the idea that Goa trance is only oriental melodies.

Most of AP tracks have not oriental melodies (People Can Fly, Enlightened Evolution, Searching For UFO's), but they are prfect examples of Goa trance.

One of the most famous Goa tracks hasn't any oriental melody MWNN-Teleport.

But is Koxbox a Goa group?

IMO its is and it's not.

It has Goa elements, but sounds as one of the first psytrance attempts too.

Koxbox for me is Psychedelic Goa Trance ;)

I think JonCrow is trying to stir up a flame war by accusing others of being trolls. This is a classic trolling technique called the Anti-troll.

Anyways, what I wanted to discuss here is why certain people like certain artists. I know it is different taste, but I believe there are some underlying factors that determine one's taste, and also that it can be described more accurately. This thread seems to have missed the point, perhaps people are too eager to defend themselves rather than explain themselves as Elysium has said.

Most of AP tracks have not oriental melodies (People Can Fly, Enlightened Evolution, Searching For UFO's), but they are prfect examples of Goa trance.

IMO its is and it's not.

Interesting, I'm curious what you think classifies the music as psychedelic. Some goa trance seems to achieve this through complex patterns and layers and acid sounds solely, while other achieves it more through unpredictable changes and effects. I'm probably not wording this too well, but I think projects like Cosmosis, Shakta, Dimension 5, Miranda, etc, etc, on one side created a very different style of psychedelic music than projects like Koxbox, Ubar Tmar, Sandman, Infected Mushroom, etc, on the other side. Of course there is overlapping of the styles in each.

I dont know the history of this person but my point still stand as I have seen it before so many times here. "We don't like your views or taste in music so therefore you must be a troll – let’s start the Lynching".

Oh, do shut up. Had you bothered to read the thread before playing the victim card by proxy, you would have noticed that it contained nothing but amicable discussion of the topic (including two regular posters actually agreeing with sneila), up until the post which contained this:

I believed you till the last line, but now I realize this whole post must be a joke or you just stupid, because you have a blatantly wrong conception of atmospheric.

Whether sneila is actually trolling or not, he or she received exactly the kind of response warranted by his or her attitude. Taste in music has nothing to do with it.

Since when does that alone define goa trance ? I mean, with that rule Hallucinogen, Orichalcum, Green Nuns or even TIP aren't really goa trance either...

Koxbox has as many goa trance elements as any other, but perhaps presented a bit differently (I refrain from saying 'more psychedelic').

I agree that Koxbox is in the league of their own, but they alone can't hold a genre name. What would you call it if there's nothing like it ? If it's called psytrance, then let's rename everything else that falls in there. I'd rather put it in a genre that it has most similarities with (read: sub-bass kick, funky basslines, 303, far out FX & melodies etc.), than to concern myself if it doesn't sound like Astral Projection or something. (note: I love AP as much as Koxbox)

Well u right.. of course, I didn't explain my point very well, and concerning "middle-eastern/Indian touch" I probably should have said scales or harmonies (what ever its called), since I believe it is one of the defining characters of goa trance, that separates it from other forms of trance. But of course this not the only thing that defines it, so mentioning here in this discussion might put my point out of focus.. :unsure: but I definitely think there is a difference between old-school psychedelic trance and Goa trance. I mean not all trance made 94-97 was Goa :P and wasn't defined as such back then (if u where there:P).. but sorry I have no time to explain my views better now, drinking time :D

IMO its is and it's not.

Those AP tracks definitely have "middle-eastern harmonies" :P

It is not because he does not like Koxbox. And it is not about tastes. It is how Sneila goes about this. Does remind of some other/previous unsavoury characters in these forums.

I do hope I am wrong.

Pedro

I am amazed of the Detective work you guys do just to be right ;)

The only detective work I've done is a lot of reading to fuel the 300+ CD's I've purchased in the last 6 months, that reading put me in touch with the above. In that time I've read the entirety of psynews, isratrance and discogs history combined just to help inform myself of the psytrance genre. My memory and eye for patterns and detail aint too shabby either. I wasn't trying to be right, just helpful. :D

To go back on-topic from whence I have so solemnly strayed, I hereby proudly declare that I purchased 2 more of Koxbox's records from ze flea market just last week. I'll be sure to post my highly valuable and sought-after opinions in here to share some intenetz lulz with teh bwhale.

Oh, do shut up. Had you bothered to read the thread before playing the victim card by proxy, you would have noticed that it contained nothing but amicable discussion of the topic (including two regular posters actually agreeing with sneila), up until the post which contained this:

Whether sneila is actually trolling or not, he or she received exactly the kind of response warranted by his or her attitude. Taste in music has nothing to do with it.

Way to go. What a nice debate you conduct. Sorry mate I wont shut up. You are not the King of Pie News so I will keep saying what I like. Eat that :)

And yes I did read it all and no it's not a victim card but a honest "oh shut up yourself for once" kind of reaction and yes I saw the usual small group of people telling him that his taste is wrong but their own taste is superior kind of arguments. Thats where I have object as taste is personal and theres not taste better than others.

So keep bashing people that have different views on things. That just makes you look more and more silly :)

I did see where he went over the line. But as usual you guys pushed him. Just admit it. You love to push people to stir up some action in this semi-dead forum ;)

PS! Your own contribution to the debate was amazing and I quote "fail". What a good argumental point ;)

Way to go. What a nice debate you conduct. Sorry mate I won’t shut up. You are not the King of Pie News so I will keep saying what I like. Eat that :)

And yes I did read it all and no it's not a victim card but a honest "oh shut up yourself for once" kind of reaction and yes I saw the usual small group of people telling him that his taste is wrong but their own taste is superior kind of arguments. That’s where I have object as taste is personal and there’s not taste better than others.

So keep bashing people that have different views on things. That just makes you look more and more silly :)

I did see where he went over the line. But as usual you guys pushed him. Just admit it. You love to push people to stir up some action in this semi-dead forum ;)

PS! Your own contribution to the debate was amazing and I quote "fail". What a good argumental point ;)

Definition of waste under which also your last post fall is very wide.

We don't need to hit ignore button and whole reason why we are even responding to these craps is because the whole Psynews is mostly the dull shit for couple of last months.

So go ON, we'll respond.

Way to go. What a nice debate you conduct. Sorry mate I won’t shut up. You are not the King of Pie News so I will keep saying what I like. Eat that :)

And yes I did read it all and no it's not a victim card but a honest "oh shut up yourself for once" kind of reaction and yes I saw the usual small group of people telling him that his taste is wrong but their own taste is superior kind of arguments. That’s where I have object as taste is personal and there’s not taste better than others.

Don't do that man.

Don't act like you don't know what's going on.

Sneila is on10. (it's more than obvious now).

on10 was bwhale.

bwhale is sunwolf.

A guy that enjoys to get an account in psynews, mess with ppl, get banned and register again.

Trust me if ppl have realized sooner that sneila is bwhale then the first reply would be like 'Go to hell'.

Because this is what trolls deserve.

Well this thread has become mildly entertaining. Thanks Bwhale. :lol:

Elysium has some valid points about this place (I'm not therefore agreeing with his entire stance in this thread). It certainly has it's fair share of stagnant elitist opinionation(word does not exist). There's a definite clique of users who sometimes cling to their opinions and each other for protection and validation. I'd be willing to bet my right nut that some of them would even hide aspects of their musical likes and dislikes for the sake of popularity-based conformity etc. You gotta be hardcore man...........underground. But that happens in so many circles of society. It's pretty boring though. Stifling for growth of the forum and might be intimidating for some new users who could even add new life to the place. But eh, it's not all that important.

How about that KoxBox eh? I didn't listen to Dragon Tales today.

Killlargh!

Jon

Don't do that man.

Don't act like you don't know what's going on.

Sneila is on10. (it's more than obvious now).

on10 was bwhale.

bwhale is sunwolf.

A guy that enjoys to get an account in psynews, mess with ppl, get banned and register again.

Trust me if ppl have realized sooner that sneila is bwhale then the first reply would be like 'Go to hell'.

Because this is what trolls deserve.

I dont really care about bwhale. If he is as bad as you say (some of you could also be called trolls hehe) then ignore the dude. My main point is still that all is old news here. I cannot count the many times people have been mocked, bashed and been the target of very rude insults by the elite here. Just because they were a bit different, had other views than the "open minded" ones or had different taste in music than the ûber cool Goa/Psytrance (people haven't moved on in taste the last +10 years here wink wink). I can make a list of people that never deserved the bullying at pie news. And I 100% agree with JonCrows latest input. So this was and is my 2 cents. Now go on and bully whoever you like and tell them their taste is wrong etc. It does not make this place grow with fresh blood. On the contrary! But maybe that is your strategy. To keep it a place for the few :)